I Fell Into a Reverse Harem Game!

Omg that's definitely just a sniper, that's sad I was excited at the idea of having new chapters...

Supporter
You know, I'm ok with snipers, I'm just an ungrateful reader after all. But what I dislike is intentionally posting chapters with missing gap and tells people to go to your website to read the rest, so yeah, f.off ruby

Edit: Thank goodness mods have removed the bait chapters :)

Is it really allowed for groups to do this ? i dont think this is sniping since they intentionally didnt upload missing chapters , its like someone translates a new manga but that someone starts from chapter 10 onwards , not doing chapters 1-9

i think this is really idiotic 😑

@Yatsuki exactly , idiots , anyone who does this is dumb

GJ Ruby, hope this will go back to you - especially when you have site full of viruses :) nice try, next time try harder.
Gonna wait for Speedcat translation, wont even touch translation by Ruby.

Well done mangadex team (to remove the chapters uploaded by ruby the bad guy)
To be honest, I was blinded by the chapters especially that 25😍🙊🙈
But then I realized something not right
I noticed sometimes there’s a “drama” between some scans group..
But this time, I really dislike what Ruby did

I’m sorry Speedcat team, that I almost tempted to support that evil group 😭

Dex-chan lover
I think it's something we, as a community, need to really work out already as it's often only hindering us from getting chapters of projects. This idea of people complaining about "snipers" for a project. Too many seem to have this misconception that a group has exclusive rights to translate a project, YOU DO NOT! Unless you have explicit agreement with the ACTUAL IP OWNER of a project, YOU DO NOT GET SOLE RIGHTS to translating a project.

Am I grateful for every group that does translate? Definitely. You don't have to do it, but you guys do, that's great. BUT! If someone opts to come around and pick up the project as well and translate from any chapter of their choosing, so be it. They have just as much rights to it as you do.

I am tired of reading comments from people that have a bias towards a translation group or from the group themselves about "snipers" when someone is just uploading stuff they worked on. Some people are trying to come from Instagram (which, honestly, is often WAY AHEAD of the chapters we have on mangadex for MANY series) and those people are getting called snipers when they've been working on it for awhile. This toxic mindset from the community is hindering any progress in getting a series caught up to the raws. And, honestly, I MOSTLY see it from the English readers. Other languages, best I can tell, have less issues with complaints about "sniping" and they are often further ahead on many popular series.

This mindset is something we need to do away with. The only times I think "sniping" is an actual problem is if a group ACTUALLY has exclusive rights to translate it (none I know of on mangadex do), the sniper is ONLY doing it to piss off the group translating and not because they actually care about the series and sharing it with others, or if the sniper steals the work from another group and uploads it as their own. If they don't meet those criteria, I don't care WHO uploads. Even if it's MTL/poor quality trash, because, tbh, I could just opt to NOT read that version and wait for a higher quality version to be uploaded.

If we let this "sniper" mindset continue and let comments continue to be toxic to people coming from other sites to upload their translations on MangaDex, it will be a slow and steady death of the site. I don't want that, I like MangaDex and the convenience it has.

Basically, I'm hoping others will join me on my crusade against the "SNIPER!" complaints and get people to be grateful we are getting updates to series. You can love a translation group, there are some I do, but don't be basically a "simp" for them and think only they deserve to translate a project.

lol XD fuck that ruby group, i tell them in their discord sniping isn't good morever skipping some chapters and they banned me from their server lol

@TheGodEmperor well said! The amount of backlash is just ridiculous. The only way i can justify this behaviour is by thinking people might be afraid the first group will stop translating.
I still feel thankful for anyone who picks up a project and shares their work with us, regardless who came first.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Sniping is not against the rules, and these chapters were not removed because they were sniping.

The chapters were removed because the group was uploading partial chapters and using those to advertise the complete chapters on their own website, which is against site rules.

Dex-chan lover
@BraveDude8 see, if they are just uploading only parts of the chapter (not the complete chapters they do upload) and only pushing their own website, that's one thing, but I still don't like the "SNIPERS!" mindset we are seeing from the mangadex community all over the place. I have seen WAY too many projects where someone comes to upload from where the last chapter is left off or EVEN FROM THE START WITH THEIR OWN COMPLETE WORKS and people still bitching about sniping. If these comments are allowed to continue, it's going to be a slow death for the website. We'll see fewer series uploaded/updated here and eventually more groups feeling this place is too toxic to bother uploading to when others like bato.to they can upload and no one bitches there. I really hope this is something the admins/moderators of the site will get more serious about and stop the bitching.

Not trying to stir the pot, but I would have hoped they'd post them in reading order, if they attempt to post completed chapters in the future... like 18 comes after 17, etc.
And not post Ch. 24 and work backasswards....

I don't really care about the previous sniping situation whatsoever, they're also translating it so it's not really the first group's exclusive rights etc, BUT the fact that they only uploaded a snipet and skipping chapters was pretty bad. I almost read spoilers without checking, and there probably are people who got spoiled by those chapters.

@thegodemperor thank you! 👏🏼👏🏼 I swear so many people on this site need to hear this.

If you look at some of the comments, it’s actually disgusting. There’s no reason to be so toxic and rude. It’s basic decency 🙄 If you’re upset with something, make your point (POLITELY) and then move on. Simple.

Users who are viewing this thread