I Love You, as a Friend - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Lunchbox

Aggregator gang
This was such a good chapter! I got so sentimental while reading.

I don't know if many people know how school and social groups are in Japan, but since I studied a little of that this chapter makes perfect sense.

I really like this manga and how it's going.
... There is one thing I don't really like about this manga, and it's the beginning of it. I just don't really see Sanako as someone who used to give bjs to people without understanding... It's really hard to imagine.
I don't think I'll ever be ok with that, but it doesn't matter much.

Great chapter, great new character.

Double-page supporter
This chapter my god it’s pure gold

The girl building up courage to talk to her
Her friends getting mad and not liking her due to the rumors
Then her regretting, hatting herself and happy about ditching her old friends

Then when rushes to bring them back together

my heart felt heavy this felt so real the emotions hurt me and I loved every second of it
And the ending yes!!!

Dex-chan lover
@Boomthorkell i only wrote "maby she is a virgin at least" so i don't know how its related to ignoring the plot? Giving bj doesn't mean she was going around fucking everyone. I still won't believe such a dumb girl was rly doing sth like this. I know she was lonely and it was her way of finding "friends" and being "popular". I saw more manga with such baiting and in the end it was either just baiting or the girl having wrong info about what a bj is etc. If it gonna be adressed in the future and if she rly did that then it was my bad.
Its strange for me to start a kinda wholesome now manga with sth like that, unless author wanted to shock readers with first chapter to somehow lure them to read next ones.

What about that shy guy who ran for a position in the student council? I thought he was general affairs already or something.

@bigtiddyoneesan bread was the worst. Anything that was breaded or had bread in it was like sticking a nugget if charcoal in my mouth. I actually lost a lot of weight because the only thing I "ate" for a while was chicken broth.

Dex-chan lover
@RedVanGhoul
Good you survived the brothpocalypse. Still, stay safe. Someone I know ended up getting infected twice. Not having to eat chicken broth is a good enough reason to be careful imo.

I avoided this for so long because of the summary, but this is actually so damn wholesome, and whatever people say, Sanako is seriously adorable, and I love how she's constantly wearing that slightly smug smile, it's so cute :D

And despite how she was before, she's really a good person, she just seriously has no idea how to act with others.
Like in the first chapter, I actually believe she didn't s*ck a random guy before she's a slut, but because she thought that's something natural between male and female friends.

Well, I'd like to believe she didn't do worse things than that though

Dex-chan lover
Usually I find emotional conflicts and scenes like this to be extremely trite and melodramatic; unpleasant to read, or somehow feeling a bit detached and cold. The author in this case manages to sell that emotional push and pull, and though it is still certainly dramatic, I think the lack of obnoxious pontificating is what makes this a lot easier for me to read. The art is amazing at conveying the emotions without being too intense at all times too, so the tension is eased slightly, and plus MC is very cute too, the way the author draws her mouth is hilarious to me but in a good way. Tl;dr this is some gud stuff. X3

Users who are viewing this thread