I Shall Master This Family - Vol. 1 Ch. 13

Her feet barely "dangling" while she sits on the sofa is so damn cuuute 😍🥰🐰 thanks for the amazing work on the chapter!! 💯

reu

Dex-chan lover
@timidhakana yeah, much better. I'm going to read it anyway, but it's a pity that mangaka didn't go the extra step to make this great. A protag is only as great as their rival after all, though I guess the true antagonist in this series isn't her family but the whole of noble society. This part seems to just be a prologue to her relationship with the prince

@Kabeidon go be a aggrofag somewhere else

laranne and firentia must become best friends and live happily forever
i hope laranne gets more spotlight and becomes involved with the plot in the future!!

the grandpa's bond with his deceased wife is just so.. ;;A;;

Group Leader
lowkey cried when she showed it to her grandfather and explained the sculpture's significance

i like this story and all but... isn't it kind of... awkward? for her to compete against literal children, plus using knowledge from her past life to get even further ahead. also, if she really wants to be a 'matriarch', shouldn't her job be to take care of ALL thefamily members and not just the ones she likes? and yet she talks about taking things away from a relative. who is still a child at this point.

sure, they bullied her and destroyed the family in her past life and i'm usually thr first one screaming "off with their heads!" in the comments but... 1/ she's mentally an adult and they are children. 2/ matriarch means taking responsibility for the whole family and keeping eveyrone happy and safe. 3/ it's the past still and the boy hasn't done anything *too* evil yet.

so her behavior is... kinda cold. and very, very calculating.

@misto713 her ultimate goal is to protect the lombardy family. She didn't have any ill intention and she didn't see the kids as her enemies.

@misto713 sure it cold and calculative but she's trying to save her family and reputation and if part of the fam wants to be toxic, you gotta cut off the rotten part to save the rest. there are other options of curing or mending but youd have to start early to make a real difference with little to no pain. even if she is grown wit two previous lives that dont matter cuz even kids do viscous calculative shite for their gains too... put them in this sort of setting and they'll flourish. A matriarch still gotta know whats what and if thats putting a kid down respectfully. let er go.

toxic is toxic. be nice, receive too much, and you'll be the one to break down first.

@misto713 I'm going to ignore the isekai element because, as far as I can tell, it's literally irrelevant to the plot. For the rewind element, though,
she didn't reincarnate exactly, she just had a prophetic vision of the future. She thinks of it as having lived through that, but I think it's reasonable to think that she didn't actually gain life experience from it.
I don't know if this is expounded upon further in the novel, but I lean to reading her mental age as being accurate to her physical age.

That said, the fundamental fantasy of kid reincarnation is... pretty iffy for all of the reasons you outlined lol

Users who are viewing this thread