I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
@Talismaster I'm not sure Sayu herself is well equipped to deal with any such situations anymore. Her toolkit before meeting Mr. Guardian wasn't exactly spledid. I'm kind of worried that if the manager gets pushy, Sayu either can't reject him or might even think not rejecting him would be a valid option. Hopefully she's concerned enough about her ability to stay with Yoshida to avoid any stupid choices, even if it meant losing the job so soon. There is a distinct danger she would feel bad about losing the job, that is, be afraid of disappointing Yoshida.

@LordFifthIsLife Your no-content comment is even worse than theirs.

Nah rather of used good or whatever....

I kinda suspect it got something to do with the very reason why she become a runaway. Perhaps it's related to her family circumstances.

Whatever it might be, the plot start to thicken again and it's good (albeit little cliche).

Fed-Kun's army
I don't think she means that Sayu's actively trying to manipulate him but rather than through her experiences she's developed a kind of defense mechanism through her smiles. In this case she wants him to fall for her so she can feel reassured and lets out her smiles in ways people usually don't around people they're not totally comfortable with, in ways that could possibly tempt him.

That part about the "FINA" and also pointing out her speech or use of words confused me... was he trying to say that when she's putting on a facade... she's acting a little more "common" than she really is... that when she is talking normally, she's using words that are more "upper class" people would use??.. that she comes from a family of more education and status so to speak? Then why is she working at a convenience store and acting like a gyaru??

"used goods" calm down neets, you neckbeards are used goods too then since the only time someone else has touched your penis was at a doctors appointment.

Dex-chan lover
"Weird flex but ok" and what was with the art in this chapter? Especially in the final few pages on the street? It was so weird. But really what was she telling him to be cautious about? She barely knows Sayu compared to Yoshida, he already knows that Sayu had been sleeping around for places to stay at, we have seen Sayu's inner monologue and that she genuinely cares for him.

Dex-chan lover
zGBEEHA.jpg

I'm liking her. She's telling him that Sayu is good at hiding her sadness and that he has to be careful not to hurt her. Gyarus truly are the light.

@donm527 I believe that the gyaru accidentally started talking in formal speech instead of the normal casual gyaru speech, indicating that she may come from a rich family background possibly a strict one too and she could just be pretending to act like a gyaru. You also can notice she was covering her mouth when she was eating, the don't talk with your mouth full kind of thing. This could just be me picking at straws here. The Fina reference might just be saying that the reason for her darken skin color could be because of a swimming tan instead of the makeup tan.

Aggregator gang
That annoying gyaru girl that makes me want to put unwashed socks in her mouth just to make her shut up

Fed-Kun's army
I think that the warning is just that while MC wants to keep acting only as his guardian, Sayu's smile is such an strong 'weapon' that he should be cautious to not fall for her if what he really wants is just to take a parental role. Sayu is constantly 'attacking' him with that smile, but he took it the wrong way about her maybe being deceitful. It was like the gyaru was saying "ok Mr. Guardian just be careful to not fall in love with her".

The thing about her manner of speaking, making a pretty specific reference and the underlying 'wisdom' of her paying attention to the eyes betray the gyaru image she is trying to maintain and show that she is proper, well educated and likely participated at a high level or at least was interested in swimming... she is not a near-delinquent airheaded gyaru or at least she has not always been that and he called her on that.

Contributor
Ok, so the gyaru will not be a problem for this story.

But the manager probably will be, trying to make move on Sayu.

Users who are viewing this thread