I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Dex-chan lover
This is so out-of-nowhere it's crazy, when I read this I thought I missed some chapter or something but nope, this is exactly after the talk in front of the convenience store, what the hell is the author thinking

"Oh hey, lets put some forced, out of nowhere character that JUST SO HAPPENS to work on the same convenience store that also JUST SO HAPPEN to be the previous owner of Sayu while he is JUST SO HAPPENS to be done with all of his seven girlfriend at the same time, oh and while at it, let's make it so that they JUST SO HAPPEN to never meet before even though the gyaru girl is basically Sayu's best friend now, yeah that will do"

Dex-chan lover
I don't know for sure if this manga ever had the plot, but if it did it has now completely lost it. I'm starting to think it seemed good for a while largely by accident.

Group Leader
Alright, i think this is a good place to drop this manga.

Cya all in another comment sections.
Dropped

Well, this chapter is working as intended I'd assume, as captain scuzzball is likely supposed to make sick in the pit of my stomach.
Can we not be damningly judgemental about the girl who ran away from home? I don't think getting railed by strangers to stay is smart move, but I don't think she ought to be consigned to a life of misery because she needed a roof over her head.

Waited 1 month for a resolution of Gotou's meddling... And instead we get super douchebag backstory...

What a shitshow.

Double-page supporter
@musicfreak12 well, this is typical of japanese authors. They really love their shoehorn, forced developments, and deus ex machina. But this might the first time I have seen so much of it on a non-shonen manga.

Honestly, this whole manga can actually be a one shot but I guess the publisher or author wants to drag it out? But it's evident the author isn't capable of doing so. Also, I have seen hentai handle this kind of story way much better. In fact, hentai stories for most of the times handle romance better than conventional mangas.

Dex-chan lover
@Jmann I actually didn't mind the 'drama' as much as everyone else in regards to the main cast(Yoshida + 3 women), but yeah, this macho dude coming out of nowhere and working at the store.... cosmic levels of coincidences. There were better ways to introduce this guy; this is definitely one of the worst. Hell, it might have even been at least a little better if he just didn't know Sayu at all, but still saw her one day at work THEN had the flashback into who he was, and went from there.

Double-page supporter
I don't really mind the development that much but given what I have read from other similar stories, I'm prepared for the lackluster payoff.

Users who are viewing this thread