I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Aggregator gang
*That warning*
"Eh, what's the worst that could happen."
*That entire chapter*
Oh.

Dex-chan lover
I thought he also was in High School at the time.

Also, I thought the point was that it was "technically" consensual due to her agreeing on paper, but both her own internal reservations and the power dynamics involve made the situation dubious at best, but not to the level that it could be proven in a court of law. @Lugdu

@Tamerlane

The girl who tries to stab him doesn't look that young, and he talks about changing jobs and locations.
I mean, it would be a stretch if he was a full highschool student, but we don't have definitive proof.

Fed-Kun's army
Shit...i have mixed feeling her being used goods but oh well...
226 comments in 6 hours huh?
this manga really popular...

Dex-chan lover
My goodness, this chapter is big yikes.
I might just drop this series for a while, this kind of triggers my anxiety man.

Dex-chan lover
@Raffro Didn't she already say she was sleeping around in like the first chapter though? I don't know why anyone is surprised, she straight up admitted she traded sex for a place to stay numerous times at some point before this.

The only thing that bugs me is this random guy moves to a new area after this big exposition designed to make you hate his guts and trigger that "this is one of the guys who defiled her" crap, and just happens to get a job at the exact same convenience store Sayu is working at while talking about his runaway girl strategy. They're not really in a small town, this just doesn't happen. He's so over the top that it hurts my ability to take him seriously, so it all kind of falls flat for me. It's not like Sayu would let herself get involved with him anyway, so I'm not even concerned about it. If anything happened to Sayu the MC would do something.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane but you don't seem to get that an actual sociopath CAN NOT BE CURED. That's the thing, there is no treatment that shows sociopaths CAN CHANGE. If he is a real sociopath, and he's got all the tells of it (as you pointed yourself), then he's not capable of change from a pure psychological level. At that point, it's better he be separated from society instead of left to cause problems in it. That doesn't mean put him in a "pound me in the ass" prison (like the US), but a more civilized prison like the Scandinavian countries.

Hmm dropping this series. Not necessarily because of the new character introduced but because the author is bringing up another plot point without first resolving the other issue of his coworker and love interest finding out about Sayu. It feels extremely randomly to bring up a massive plot device while completely ignoring and not concluding the previous one. It’s a mess at this point and it’s getting hard to figure out the point of this entire series.

That's it!?
Bro, 16 pages just to introduce another character without resolving the current conflict? The heck?

I mean, people can't really choose how their brains build chemical receptors and all that, so it might be kinda unfair to go off on him just for being biologically different. Problem is if that difference causes harm to others, but clearly the one in the most danger is him (for obvious reasons), so I can sympathize myself. Most cases a psycho won't even know they are one from what I understand, or fathom the implication of psychopathy since they don't know what the alternative is like. Him calling out his methods are failing but not coming to realize the reason is a pretty good portrayal of that... I guess genus of psychopath. @Tamerlane

Not saying I'm, like, on his side or anything of that ilk however. Reading his introductions still leaves me with a general sense of disdain, but a vein of understanding at the very least. Regardless, it's still a dangerous mental condition, and because of the raw difference in emotional capacity, it's redundant to try and predict his nature even when it's laid out for us. What will he do when pressured in a different way? His knifepoint breakup ended pretty anticlimactically in his eyes. That's the scary part.

Users who are viewing this thread