I Shaved. Then I Brought a High School Girl Home. - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
You know he's messed up if he actually believes that he can fuck a girl in someone random guy's house.

Dex-chan lover
@Verypeeved I guess we're using "mentally ill" as an excuse for being a rapist? You're just making people who are acutally mentally ill look bad and diminishing their problems. Unless you somehow know that this character has a mental condition... this is such a terrible take.

Telenovela and soap opera writers around the world will blush at how trashy and stupid this shit is

Dex-chan lover
Why are we here? Just to suffer?

It's amazing how quickly this series became such a low brow soap drama of a dumpster fire in just a couple chapters.

Okay we all know nothing is gonna happen between them. It's obviously not that kind of manga. And even when the dude gets told off for being an asshole, we're still gonna have a bad taste in our mouth that she slept with the guy. Why must the author make us go through this when the drama with the mc's other lover interests were just as interesting imo

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane You should learn what clinical sociopathy is, this man portrays elements of it. You don't cure sociopathy. There is none. You can only monitor them to not harm others or lock them away from society. That's the thing.

Now, maybe his level of sociopathy isn't so great to the point he can't improve at all, we'll see, but all we've seen of him so far is nothing redeeming and just crystal clear signs of full blown Sociopathy... that can't be cured or fixed or treated.

Dex-chan lover
@tsuyukihime
Firstly, you might want to put that in spoilers, but if you notice, he said that he agrees with my point, in which I specifically say that I do not condone nor excuse his actions. I specifically also said he should be appointed to visit a therapists by a court or judge so that he can receive the help he needs, as I don't think he fully understands that what he is doing is wrong, or that he has committed an action that is wrong.

Antisocial Personality Disorder is a mental illness, and it can be treated, and saying that he suffers from this mental illness does not mean nor imply that everyone with this specific mental illness, or any other mental illness in general, does not mean that you're demonizing or tarnishing mentally ill people as a whole, nor are you suggesting that most of them would act this way. What we've been

Also, I'm fairly confident we can diagnose him with at least Antisocial Personality disorder, as he displays most of the major symptoms such as an inability to empathize with people, reckless or poor judgement, consistent criminal actions, etc. So it's not like we're just saying he's nebulously mentally ill.

@TheGodEmperor

You probably missed it because it's been taken down, but in the other thread based on this chapter, I outlined how he shows the symptoms of Anti-Social Personality disorder, which includes sociopathy and psychopathy.

You can't cure a lot of personality disorders like Autism, ADHD, etc., but you can mitigate there symptoms and get them to a point where they're high functioning enough that they can integrate into society usually, unless in the most extreme of cases. He's differently shown the desire to want to understand why people aren't trusting him or to seek some kind of human connection, and I think that kind of outline will only serve to help him create a support group that will allow him to integrate into society more
effectively.

A blanket cure of throwing him into an asylum and throwing away the key is not just inhumane and undermines the purpose of medical psychology, but actively will only worsen both his own symptoms and mental health, but shame him for factors he can not control nor change about himself.

Dex-chan lover
@Tamerlane letting him run rampant to hurt many others for his own selfish pleasure is worse option. I will take the utilitarian approach and throw his ass away for eternity if I must. But, yes, I'd at least try and see him getting therapy/help, but you need to understand, no, it's not likely to do anything. Most "sociopaths" that show positive signs to treatment are often putting on an act to try as they are often forced to treatment. So making it look like it's working tends to ease up monitoring/restrictions and gives them more freedom to do what they really want to do. Sometimes, yes, locking them away is the best option.

Doesn't mean you lock them in solitude or so. Besides, under most areas in Japan (and the US and many other western nations) he's already committed statutory rape (as she's a minor and he's an adult) and should be in jail for that alone.

Also, I'd argue he's trying to show a desire to understand why people aren't trusting so that he can better manipulate them. So he can correct the behavior/impression to get them to let their guard down. It's very typical sociopathic behavior.

our fellow readers gives some spoiler (from LN as a source) what would might happen in few next chapters.

i would like to ask the readers of LN for another spoiler to know if my assumptions would be correct.

in my thinking and assumptions, if sayu will be saved by yoshida from attepmted rape by kouya, since yoshida is harboring a minor and he is not a blood relative of sayu, this kouya guy can also use that situation to blackmail yoshida in the future?

thanks for the readers who would like to answer

Users who are viewing this thread