I, Who Possessed a Trash Skill "Thermal Operator," Became Unrivaled

the art is to put is simply garbage and the story is as well garbage there is no depth in any character it's just going through the same cliché trope all over again with nothing new
usually when it's that trash they try to hire some nice artist to get is sold but nope everything here is just a pile of shit

ok. no. don't.
The good thing about him was his ability to use his weak ability in a smart manner! Now he gets given an op ability? wtf I thought this was gonna be a good manga but the author already ran out of creative juices?

Dex-chan lover
@Soveregin

Its the "Zero to Hero" play. Your told your useless, okay. Look at what our MC did to a girl who was told she was useless as well. He gave her the idea of Senbonzakura. Just wait till the Time Operator tests his limits.

You'll be given why he was told "Useless". Thermo-operator controls temperature, both ways. He can go Absolute Zero and Super Nova.

I wonder if it wasn't that healing the girl did fixed something in his head to open up his ability?
I am going to need to find the novel for this because this story is too interesting to wait for updates.
If I could find the raws, I'd just read them instead though.

At first, I thought this was interesting. Then it completely devolved into generic characters that give painful Boku no Hero Academia vibes. Which wouldn't be so bad if this was actually good. This is bad generic shounen comedy with a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit of drama squeezed in to try and make this look like characters have depth.

The pacing of the chapters are absolutely horrendous, and things are moving at such a breakneck pace that you don't even get time to remember a character. All of the characters are shown, so far, in such a way that their first impression IS their primary characteristic, and this is just bad fucking writing, plain and simple. Everyone feels incredibly 2 dimensional, as well. This is also bordering on the level of gag manga, which I actively avoid because they are not funny nine times out of ten because they try very hard. And this manga is trying very, very hard to be funny, and have a bit of drama at the same time.

I am now tempted to read the LN and see if it's as much of a dumpster fire as this manga is currently. Maybe the manga just doesn't capture the essence of the LN, or maybe I'm just too much of a jaded, cynical bastard who just doesn't find this kind of stuff funny anymore. Well, scratch that. Reading some of the reviews on the LN, even the highly rated ones pointed out stuff that is incredibly glaring, namely main protagonist being lost in the plot of too many characters. This often happens with amateur writing where they don't have a focus on the story and just kinda write as they go. If someone is saying the MC has little depth and things aren't properly explained after 124 chapters, then this is just bad writing, period. I already have enough trash LN I read (because I like to indulge myself in junk from time to time), so hard pass on this.
Either way, props for the translator group. Keep up the good work, and don't let this old bastard deter ya. o7

Wonky pacing, [Ability Name] dropping all over the place, and powerlevels to boot.

Your time will be better spent elsewhere.

Very generic but still, I love dem o’l stereotypical hero scenario. Still good in my books

Ok now it fucking makes sense, I mean the dude's power is actually super op and not sleeper op. Everyone in the higher ups knew about about him.

How was anyone surprised by chapter 6 when in the second chapter
we see him burn someone and create a steam cannon when he's only supposed to be able to change the temperature of an object by a few degrees, or keep ice-cream from melting in summer?

Came here to see people who didnt pay attention during physics class bitch

was not disappointed

@jimmyclear
I, personally, don't like it when a protagonist is given overpowered abilities, and instead prefer well crafted fight scene that isn't reminiscent of the star wars prequels where George lucas wrote "they fight - Anakin wins."
I understand that the ability the main character has changes depending on the mental or physical condition of the protagonist - this is of course a fairly common trope used in writing, however I, personally don't like this method of progressing a narrative as I see it as a cop out. This is because of the easy weaving of the ability to sort out situations by increasing their power. I don't see this as the "zero to hero" storytelling formula, as he isn't earning anything. In this there is the "zero" and "hero" aspect, but there doesn't seem to be a "to," throughout these few chapters the protagonist hasn't truly earned anything- he's won every fight he's been in thanks to the assistance of others and hasn't really faced any hardships. He hasn't been thrown away for being weak and no one has really looked down on him much. Its even stated that he's being given special treatment, if subtle, because of the true outstanding nature of his power. This even removes the "zero" aspect and just leaves a shounen protagonist with nothing more than a "hero" wildcard.

Users who are viewing this thread