Ichido Dake Demo, Koukai Shitemasu - Vol. 1 Ch. 5.2 - I Want You To Rely On Me Too Part 2

Landlady used her position as a landlady to coerce her into sex...yet the high school acquaintance was out of line for asking if they were a couple...facepalm.

Aggregator gang
@Lilliwyt I mean, Chiyo definitely thought it was meant the other way around. Right after Hara says it, Chiyo starts thinking that she must have hurt Hara for her to say something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Lots of SQUEEZE this time, this is good!
I'm loving how this pair is developing, thank you!

But really... what's on landlady's mind ? (Aahh! It's Hara san)

Dex-chan lover
Is she going to cross off all the remaining days and say that you don't have to live with me anymore?
If so, I really hope that she's rejected and they stay together!

Double-page supporter
@HOOfan_1 Yeah it's weird but it's whatever. Writing isn't overly *great* in this but it's fun. I'm just praying we have an author who can actually wrap this up in a semi-decent way.

@Lilliwyt

Could be that, but I find it unlikely she would think she was a lesbian now since she already complainend about "streight girls" before. So I think Hara was refering to Chiyo sharing the classmate's sentiments....I could be massively mistaken too since it's not my first language tho

@rebel16
then maybe someone in the manga should be calling Landlord Lady out on her shit...because what she is doing is quite a lot worse than a girl asking if two people are dating....

BX3

Gonna chalk this and the previous chapter up to not-so-great writing.
If the author was trying to get something across either they or the translator did a bad job at conveying it, because at this point I'm just left to infer.

Dex-chan lover
@Insignificant Pointing out that the manager is into other women like it was a novelty wasn't exactly polite if we're look at whether it was rude or not. That stuff is personal information. Should generally be up to the person in question on sharing such information during social interactions. Hell, for all that chick knew she was outing the manager in front of someone that might discriminate against her for it. This is something that gets people disowned by their families sometimes.

Dex-chan lover
@Insignificant Of course it's exaggerated, yuri manga are 3/4 pointless drama to begin with, but it's still not her place to say anything about this at all in that situation in the real world either. Japan in particular still has some pretty noticeable stigma against homosexuality. This doesn't really stop there either, like I said this is personal information for one of these people. Would you want some random person you barely knew from school introducing you by whatever personal stuff they might be aware of about you? "This is X, they were molested by their uncle," or "This is X, they have a mental illness," is not an icebreaker. They're personal and potentially sore subjects people might not want aired out on a first meeting or in front of people they haven't told yet.

I'm not saying the Landlady is the most morally pure person, but the way people are discussing the MC and landlady's agreement is as if the landlady forced all of it on her. MC owed rent money, 100% her fault. The landlady offered her a contract that the MC had every ability to say no to. In a standard situation, the MC is kicked out and her future wages are garnished to pay the landlord back. Yes, there's a power disparity between landowner and renter, but there isn't coercion.

Users who are viewing this thread