Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Ch. 133 - I understand what you’re trying to say, senpai…

Group Leader
They explicitly said if it was a disaster they'd continue. It was, so they did. I understand where you're coming from but why not put your talents to work on a manga not being scanlated by anyone rather than overlapping an established group?

Double-page supporter
Page 1: "it's quite disjointed. But it's a funny story!"
-She's referring to his declaration at the end of the last chapter, but the way this is worded makes it sound like she's talking about something completely different.

Page 2: "What Senpai was trying to say..."
-He's the only other person in this conversation, but the way this is translated makes it sound like there's another "Senpai".

Page 4: "Alright."
-The teacher just thanked Nagatoro for her work. People wouldn't respond "Alright" when they are thanked. 「ウス」 is an informal grunt of acknowledgment in Japanese, so there were better ways to make this flow in English.

Page 8: "I'm dropping everything else and focusing on painting for the exam".
-The tense is incorrect, making it imply that this was a recent decision that she made to drop everything. She's explaining her overall life choice to prioritize focusing on the exams which has been the case for quite some time based on what she's said in previous chapters.

Page 9: "You're a good observant."
-The subject of the original sentence isn't Senpai. She was referring to the painting, saying that it was well observed.

Page 12: "I won't just lose anymore..."
-He doesn't say he won't just lose anymore. He says that 「もう迷ったりしない」 Which is more along the lines of him not being unsure of himself or not doubting his own resolve anymore. He's expressing that he's more confident and has his eyes on the goal.

Page 14: "Tomorrow is Nagatoro's turn not to lose."
-Nagatoro is the only other person in this conversation. The way this is worded makes it sound like he's referring to somebody else named Nagatoro. (This is why direct pronouns are so important in English, even if they're not really used in Japanese)

Page 16: "Next day in the morning"
-Could've just said "The next morning"

Page 20: "You've got to give it your all at the individual competition tomorrow!"
-She isn't giving Orihara a straightforward encouragement like how Sakura did a few pages earlier. She says 「明日の個人戦で勝負してよ!」 Which is more of a challenge, closer to the feeling of "I'll see you in the competition" or "I'm looking forward to facing off against you".

Page 22: "A little bit. When I was in middle school, but since then..."
-This translation is missing the part about her mentioning how good Nagatoro was back in middle school.

Page 25: "In one hit!"
-This one is off. In judo, "Ippon!" is a set-phrase that refers to scoring a full point (as opposed to a half point). It's not somebody in the audience commenting on Nagatoro's performance, it's the referee making a call.

On top of several translation errors, there's also a considerable amount of issues with the English in terms of grammar, flow and accuracy, which is especially concerning since this translation also passes through a separate proofreader as well before uploading. Please show more respect towards the original work and the readers next time.

somebody has said it once but i’ll bring it up again. the font choice ain’t it

mainly the Ns

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread