Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 17 Ch. 130 - I also really want to know... what you're like here, Senpai

Can you imagine the butthurt that would ensue if Nanashi turns this into a genuine love triangle?

Oh, the seething would be glorious. :devilish:
I honestly expected a love triangle when the pres' cousin appeared. Still disappointed it did not happen

Supporter
That slack jaw Hayase busts out when Senpai a) asserts himself out of nowhere AND b) busts out an arm block to hold her back is just the best.

Dex-chan lover
And so began the tale of Senpai, greatest male exotic dancer in all of Japan.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for all your hard work, I'll always wait for your release, as I can count not only on it's quality but on your commitment to this series.

Dex-chan lover
That's actually what I'm commenting about. The other translator does literal translations, absolutely none of their personality is injected into the translation, and the result is 100% the author's original intention though some idiomatic phrases don't quite come through because they make no attempt at localization. The original text didn't abridge the sentence or use any form of "you," the generalization of the subject in this version is precisely the translator deciding to insert their own writing chops into the story and changing the way that the scene plays out.
I understand why the literal translation might be preferable to someone who is familiar with the japanese language and its quirks.
However, for people who arent familiar with it (ie 99% of the people reading scanlations) a literal translation comes off as awkward and unclear.

Dex-chan lover
Nagatoro bodyguard in action, I pity the fool who actually tries to hurt senpai with her around.

Translation is really bad, they ask Nagatoro for a rough sketch session on the 25, Senpai exam is the 26, why she would ask which day is Senpai's exam, she knows it, and she knows its not the same day, why are you translating your assumption when all you had to do is to check the day of the exam.

She will lose by the simple fact that in all the NSFW works the author has done regarding exhibitionism/humiliation, the subjects are always female. Dude is just not interested at all in male nudity.

Double-page supporter
Translation is really bad, they ask Nagatoro for a rough sketch session on the 25, Senpai exam is the 26, why she would ask which day is Senpai's exam, she knows it, and she knows its not the same day, why are you translating your assumption when all you had to do is to check the day of the exam.
Buddy...just read the original Japanese. Nagatoro asks what day the rough sketch is on. Would you suggest that the translator get rid of an entire page of dialogue because those dates happened to be mentioned several chapters ago?

She will lose by the simple fact that in all the NSFW works the author has done regarding exhibitionism/humiliation, the subjects are always female. Dude is just not interested at all in male nudity.
What makes you think he will win?

Dex-chan lover
Buddy...just read the original Japanese. Nagatoro asks what day the rough sketch is on. Would you suggest that the translator get rid of an entire page of dialogue because those dates happened to be mentioned several chapters ago?
Considering how much they stripped down the rest of the dialogue, I wouldn't put it past them.

Dex-chan lover
Considering how much they stripped down the rest of the dialogue, I wouldn't put it past them.
Interesting that you chose to reply to this and not the other countless replies addressing your complaint.

Honestly I don't wanna join this "argument" since I've been part of something similar to this(Meat vs Niku "war" in LDM) and even there the argument for "keeping the intention of the author" just falls flat.

Like I understand you want to "preserve" the meaning behind what the author wrote... but at the same time you're treating localization as a rewrite... just as bad as some other official translator who are literally rewriting shit.

agatoro asks what day the rough sketch is on
No i say that the rough sketch session is NOT the exam, duh. Senpai have on his Calendar the exam being the 26 not the 25, its an error that everyone will get confused by. And if you checked your beloved Japanese version like you said, it doesnt even said its part of the Mock Exam either, so its just an assumption from the editor that is probably not correct at all.

My take on the whole "correct" translation. I want it as close to the Japanese as possible.
I'm not a native English speaker nor American.
I have no need for "American localisation" because I can't relate to it.

It seems to me that Americans forget that there are other countries in the world and they only view theirs as the right one.

Users who are viewing this thread