Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 11 Ch. 79 - What is it, Senpai?

Dex-chan lover
@neverwatchednaruto
Exactly this. It's like all those gifted kids who end up hitting a wall and running away from failure (I'm like that). in order to pull through you need massive mental gymnastics and a genuine passion for whatever it is you're doing, or you have to make your goal simply improving rather than comparing yourself to others (and I don't think anyone can do that, if they can, they're lying.)

Double-page supporter
@sav7775 "Half-assed crybaby"? WTF? You seem to be projecting a lot here. We only saw a very brief flashback so obviously didn't get a full training montage for the other girl but the very fact that she stuck with it so persistently while slowly improving does indeed imply some level of hard work. It doesn't imply any level of "half-assed crybaby". I seriously don't know where you're even getting that from.

if you hit a wall and you quit while "gifted" you aren't "gifted" at all, it takes perseverance

just saying

Dex-chan lover
@Pixad1
no... that's kind of the whole point. being 'gifted' (superior balance, strength, spatial awareness) is an advantage and you can use it to coast at lower levels. once you reach a certain point, not putting in the effort makes you fall behind.

like a smart kid who doesn't have to work all through high school but gets slammed in college because they don't have the necessary study skills they should have practiced earlier.

the problem with romance manga is you go through all this build-up and then never get to see any part of what the actual relationship is like. (Maybe there's just a fast-forward to 'oh they had kids', since at least then their actual relationship with each other is pretty much over and the author doesn't have to do a realistic one thank god lol)

This is totally subverting that. Their relationship is getting actual complexity, with them both being people who have flaws and can grow through them, and who can support each other and have *things to do in their relationship that aren't gaze adoringly at each other and talk about how in love they are*. They can be actual people with actual interests. Awesome work, Nanashi.

Also, "normie" vs "normalfag" -- look I get it you want this manga, and the fan translation scene itself, to stay marginal, so it can still be yours. Keep out the normies. Whatever. But if I were the scanlator, I'd want people reading my work ten, twenty years down the road. (Don't tell me there aren't still scanlations from like 2008 still out there!) "Normalfag" is already pretty old slang and it's not looking as cool and widely accepted as it was. In another five or ten years it'll seem even more dated. Making the whole translation seem dated. Making the work seem out of touch or juvenile.

If it were me I'd rather write something for the ages.

Dex-chan lover
@ultrabread one is enough :)
PnWacnf.gif

@charkan have another.
osYRKjS.png

@Kevadu
You seem to be projecting a lot here.
What am I projecting?
We only saw a very brief flashback
I see a crybaby who cries after every defeat. And I see someone with half-assed attitude because she cries after simple training sparrings and consoled by the winner every time. Nothing more is shown in the manga.

@tinyfalcon
You know the author of this manga also does very questionable hentai right? In ten years, if things go the way you want, the author will be de-personed anyway and anyone reading this manga will be a dissident first amendment extremist.

Double-page supporter
@sav7775
What am I projecting?

I don't know man, I'm not a psychologist. But you're reading a lot that isn't actually there...

I see a crybaby who cries after every defeat. And I see someone with half-assed attitude because she cries after simple training sparrings and consoled by the winner every time. Nothing more is shown in the manga.

There's one panel of her crying. People get frustrated when they lose, that's just human. Not to mention that she's literally a little kid at that point in time. But there is nothing in either art or text about her being "consoled by the winner every time". You are completely making that up. And you say that "nothing more is shown" but you're also completely ignoring the main point, which is that she stuck with it and came back stronger every time. She never gave up and kept improving. That's quite literally the opposite of being "half-assed".

Users who are viewing this thread