Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 19 Ch. 141 - I'm... I'm fighting for myself and for senpai!!

Supporter
Someone who's familiar with judo: Is this really a thing, or is it only in the mangaverse (as a way to make it possible for Paisen to give useful advice) that it's realistic to throw an equally/greater-skilled opponent after getting "stuck"?

Dex-chan lover
Someone who's familiar with judo: Is this really a thing, or is it only in the mangaverse (as a way to make it possible for Paisen to give useful advice) that it's realistic to throw an equally/greater-skilled opponent after getting "stuck"?
My active days are a fair bit in the past, but I'd say it's about 99% bullshit for the sake of drama. Becoming deadlocked in a battle of strength is something that might maybe happen as you struggle for position and initiative, and even then very rarely if ever in a long struggle like these two had. Things are usually more nuanced, and leave more room for technique and mobility. That is the hard part of the fight. But that struggle is already over here: Nagatoro already has position, initiative and momentum. She already has her center of gravity below that of her opponent, is already in the motion of throwing. She already has her by the metaphorical balls. Countering from that position will be next to impossible, Orihara's best chance would be either trying to slip out to the side or twisting her body and interfering with the throw so that it isn't clean enough to result in an ippon.

A grappling battle on the ground would be a different story. There you have battles of strength quite frequently.

Dex-chan lover
QCsoDPRl_o.png

Dex-chan lover
I'm leaning towards the Ippon being just out of time. Orihara gets the win, and with it her chance for the Olympics. Nagatoro, however, will still feel a sense of achievement at getting the score on her nemesis and can move ahead in her relationship with senpai.

Dex-chan lover
I promise I'm not trying to be that guy, but this arc is getting reeaaalllyyyyyy drawn out at this point. The fight panels are cool but it feels like we're never going to get past this dual competition arc lmao

Users who are viewing this thread