Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 9 Ch. 64 - So this is your room, Senpai~?

@Mineo Forgive the spoiler but as I was writing this it turned into a mini-review so forgive my bad habits ;n;

Probably sacrilege saying this on a Nagatoro Chapter comments section but I prefer Uzaki though not by too large of a margin. Both are fun series to read but I prefer the fact that in Uzaki it's two character personalities bouncing off one another. It's all in how Uzaki's extroverted and excitable nature drives her into trying to pick on the introverted but stubborn male mc but she's so bad at it that it either backfires or ends in her taking damage as well. Fanservice also there but used as a comedy point rather than in the traditional sense which makes it more tolerable but not by much. On the other hand, in Nagatoro-san it feels like she's the only major personality and senpai is there to accentuate her personality and not react to her. Nagatoro is front and center all the time and without her, no one else really has a chance to stand out. Senpai without Nagatoro is not a character. It makes him really hard to identify with or find some common ground with. At least for me. Personally, I find it easier to relate with the male mc of Uzaki-chan. Both are still great reads though please don't get me wrong :)

Basically it my mind it's:

> Uzaki chan is about two different characters and their struggles with dealing with one another's very different personalities. Fanservice also helps, I'll be honest.
> Nagatoro is about one character using another one as a reason to explore the first ones personality. Senpai has little to no real presence in the manga.

At least that's how I see it :p

Fed-Kun's army
First handholding and now this? At this rate they're gonna have a baby together in just a few chapters.

Double-page supporter
Nanashi proves that even if you're into some of the most degenerate fetishes imaginable you will eventually come full circle back to wholesome vanilla.

Fed-Kun's army
@Mineo @Ironworks
I can't really compare the two. I see them both on even ground tho.

Nagatoro has the better facial expressions but the least characterization. Even the side characters got nothing compared to the ones in Uzaki. And the MC's are opposite personallities.

Where's Uzaki got the better Gags, better characterization. Also both MC' walk on even ground. The Plot is also constantly moving forward and never gets stale unlike Nagatoro.

Self inserting my schoolkid self as Nagatoro's sempai works perfectly well. I was basically him. And having a girl jump around my young self would have totally put her into the center of attention just like it is happening here.
But growing up, changing to the total opposite of Nagatoro's sempai, it's working great to self insert as Uzaki's sempai. Cuz that's how I am now. What I'm saying is that both manga have the same Level of appeal. Thanks to how different they are to each other.

I really love that both Mangas changed their overall dynamic recently. It can only go up from here!

Fed-Kun's army
Seeing how he's a single child with an overprotective mother who gives him everything and no big brother who could have scolded him for wrong social decisions, I can see how Senpai turned out like this. I'm now more concerned about how Mamapai will think about their relationship. I have a feeling that will be the time when he will have to stand up for both of them.

Users who are viewing this thread