I'm a Maid, but I've Pulled Out the Holy Sword?! - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - The Demon Lord's Job

Yeah I'm so team Reed or just fuck romance. Not that the prince isn't cute, it's just that Eli has enough to deal with already. She doesn't need all the political backstabbing and manipulating that royals are part of in these kind of stories. Besides this story has already thrown out the "hero fights demon" cliché so one can hope.

Group Leader
Nah, I like Reed. The prince is better as just a friend. Too much politics. He's already got her brother's approval (begrudgingly), so there we go. And to people who say Reed is "boring", she's literally the hero, the demon lord is her brother, his subjects keep harassing her/living with them rent free, and she works for the prince. Does she look like she needs any more of an exciting life?

@Lhmac I disagree because of 2 reasons mainly, one her life is well interesting enough and if anything having a grounded individual helps. Though she hasn't really shown much hero power to need to be grounded, plot wouldn't have changed much if she wasn't the hero just make it so the prince was sus of her because demon aura or something. And two I think having the childhood friend win is now a twist that can spice things up. Its become uncommon so it would have a better impact. Plus her marrying the king and being happily ever after would be boring imo. Having a normal lover gives her more freedom and gives a more wholesome feel. Sure marrying the king would be interesting to see how she would be involved in politics but that can already be done heck her being a hero would be enough for her to be involved in politics.

@LongNameIncoming Using the words "wholesome feel" and "grounded" kind of just shows how boring that outcome would be. As a writer myself, I know that plotline would be hella boring, and as a reader, I know that plotline would be hella boring.
This is just something you think you want, something you think would be exciting.
The only way for it to be exciting would be if he was a different character.

Users who are viewing this thread