I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

I don't get cedric at all, First he says he wants to break off the engagement and throws our MC under the bus, then he has the AUDACITY to think she betrayed him. What does he want her to do?!

Double-page supporter
claude cares about another human now so it's fine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this chapter was so rushed, i want to see more of them dancing!!!!

the horned dude didn't get a chance to show off his etiquette skills.. if he just changes clothes then why bother spending time on it?

Does this mean Cedric is a yandere? He certainly looked like one there.

I get that Cedric is salty that Aileen pursed his brother, and he clearly has an inferiority complex towards said brother. But I can't blame Aileen for pursuing his brother, she did says from the start that she needed to keep Claude from going berserk. Otherwise she dies during the final battle. It just too bad for Cedric, that Claude has a cuter and sweeter personality than him. And appreciates her too. I mean Aileen dedicated so much of her life so she could be helpful to him as his queen. But what does he do? He spits on her face, steals her company, and chooses to be with a hussy.

On a different note. I am so sad that last page has me thinking that Keith will betray Claude. He's the only human in the demon king's castle. So it can only be him. I am hoping I am wrong.

Group Leader
Everybody be confused about Prince Cedric, but my dudes, he just displayed straight up abusive significant other behaviour 🤢 literally the textbook definition of it

Group Leader
fuck the MLs, i will turn gay for Aileen, my fav mc of all the villainesses

Shout out to the guard that told Cedric, "That's no way to treat a lady."

@bilunala Is that really textbook behaviour for an abusive significant other? I've never read on the subject, so I have no clue.

I really like how the story always has an event coming up, and coming up SOON. Like, She had this dance/event coming up for a week, and now the betrayal is coming and she has to do something about it.

It hurt to have Aileen be insecure about herself in comparison to Lilia. It makes sense tho, since she's already lost her fiance to Lilia. I'm sure Claude gets it tho.

Group Leader
@dully There's a lot of signs actually. Here are the ones I've identified.

1) The lines "nobody will ever love you except for me". I forgot the exact words that Cedric said, but it was nearly something identical. That's an IMMEDIATE red flag and signals gaslighting in the relationship towards the victim. One of the things that abusive partners do in domestic violence is instill the belief in the victim that they are useless and unwanted outside their abuser (which is why victims stay in the relationship and don't find help), and "I'm the only one who will ever love you/you're worthless to everybody else" is almost always a constant if you look at domestic abuse cases. Literally if your romantic partner says that to you, hit the floor running.
2) The minute Aileen asserted her own independence outside Cedric is the moment he flipped. He immediately turned physically violent (even if he didn't hit her, grabbing someone like that counts as physical aggression). To me, this looked like it had to do with ownership. He obviously thought he completely owned Aileen and hated that she had a shred of her own thought. The case with domestic abusers is that they cut off their partners from everybody else so that their partner becomes reliant on them. And you can guess, they flip if they discover their partner is interacting with other people (who could potentially help the victim out of the situation).
3) and finally his last line. The whole thing about "betrayal"... not sure how to explain this one, but that one just screams the makings of a domestic abuser to me.

Anyways, if you wanna read up on domestic violence, "Why Does He Do That? Inside the Minds of Angry and Controlling Men" is a hella good read. It's obvs focused on male abusers, but that happens to be the case with a lot of these situations.

But then again, this is manga and a lot of people are calling it just yandere. Maybe I'm too realistic lol 🤷‍♀️

@bilunala

The betrayal thing could be based on the fact he has this weird complex over being 'lesser' than his brother

Aileen breaking of the engagement of her own will to go to him seems like her picking his brother over him

something which sort of goes against what she's (probably) said when they were younger in the flashbacks

Dex-chan lover
...who's the human that's gonna betray the demon lord, again?
I'm under the impression that he's not currently seeing any human, except MC, so that childhood trust thing seems so out of left field.

...it's gonna be his secretary, ain't it? MC hasn't done anything to anticipate his betrayal tho, if it's really him, even tho she's always nearby.

Dex-chan lover
If you read the novel later on the story you might want to kill this stupid asshole prince in the future.

Dex-chan lover
well well, typical villain prince who need a mirror most

well, i mean with these 6 y/o foreshadowing they really dont give us a chance to be shook huh. keith tat fkr wtv

Dex-chan lover
Cedric:
Chooses another girl over his fiance and publicly abuses his fiance.
Fiance breaks it off and finds happiness with a man who cares for her.
"You betrayed me! I'll never forgive you!"

Ok, this guy is even more of a psycho than I thought...

@bilunala I agree with your comment, and @stormdragon I don't think what cedric did is yandere. the yandere I know is form of love that allowing them hurting the partner in the name of love. they love so much they don't want to let go the partner and possible to hurt them as long as it means they will always theirs. while in here cedric is straight up abusive. he didn't choose her yet he didn't want to let her go. he's just shitty arrogant psychotic ML.

Users who are viewing this thread