I'm a Villainous Daughter, so I'm going to keep the Last Boss - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
I dislike plot convenient return of memories very much. It reminds me of flawed core of a subgenre and frequent flaw of the genre.

Fed-Kun's army
just pure speculation here and i dont know if it'll count as a spoiler since im talkin out my ass anyways but...
is it the aide? please dont be the aide...

@miumiuw the core definition of an yandere is controlling, manipulative behavior and an unwillingness to let the person go to the point of violence. It typically is seen in psychopathic, sociopathic, narcissistic, or unstable characters---those who objectify people. Sometimes, the yandere is written as being capable of love (though, their jealousy typically comes across in the "murder other people" form; seldom does it comes across in the "kill my love" form. That type is seen in the more cray-cray versions. Not too the genre. Are we talking about a yandere in a strict romance or in a romantic comedy? It makes a difference. Likewise, characters can have elements of the yandere archtype without full-blown "yandere-ness". Characters usually work their way into it. It mixes in with the "my boyfriend is the devil" tropes. In the most simplistic of terms, yanderes hurt people they see as "romantic competition" for comedic effect or the romantic lead. If it's played off more seriously, as this chapter does, then it comes off as possessive, sinister, manipulative, narcissistic/sociopathic, and objectifying. Both siblings have "yandere" qualities, but Cedric is pulling the "cray-cray", low self-esteem/psychopathic high self-esteem that can't accept not getting what they want/desire. His brother pulls off the highly overprotective streak that includes "obsessive overkill" to anyone who they might think is threatening them. Though, I don't think that necessarily necessitates the "yandere" moniker.

As for Cedric---he has convinced himself/been convinced that his fiance betrayed him like all the rest, that she hurt an innocent girl, he's full on narcissism and the delusions imposed by the cray-cray "heroine". He cannot accept Ms. Protag going with anyone else, particularly not Cedric's brother, whom Cedric has his entire life been compared to in lesser terms, always the inferior, and never capable of mustering up until the Prince was deemed a "threat" and cast out. Basically, Cedric is the "spare". To him, not only has the woman he needed for support failed to offer it [as she herself recognizes], but he in turn has emphasized due to the reality warping of the "heroine". Cedric appears to believe that the protagonist has "cast Cedric aside" and he's lost to his brother. He wants to be the one to cast her aside, but at the same time, the non-mind warped part of his appears to still possess some feelings, even merely jealousy, because effectively, he'll kill her before he lets her end up with his brother. And even then, he won't let her go. Um... if that doesn't scream yandere, I don't know what does. =P

Don't tell me his bro gonna betray him.... not worth to become a big boss ending game for that scum, lol

Dex-chan lover
The prince is a real delusional piece of shit ain’t he lol

Dex-chan lover
@Hamin Yeah, but too bad he's still the prince with all the authority and connections that come with the title.

i actually really liked her reason for being sentimentally attached to cedric, which was she felt they were "comrades in arms." like i thought that was rlly interesting and not typical in these types of mangas where they usually just write in 'love' being in the reason. you can see where cedric's anger and rejection comes from, and how she felt special to him since she understood that sort of rejection, even if cedric's actions are despicable and he's an insecure, narcissistic asshole. idk i just thought it was very 3D to include something like that.

also hi i lOVe her friendship with the other blonde guy. like,,, their relationship is probably my favourite thing ever. like ,,,, their high five was EVERYTHING to me and how he was like "wow i could've married u but u demoted" like LMAO relationships that you can joke about these things are ALWAYS the closest and best friendships.

@kwendy

i see where you're coming from, but after knowing who the traitor character is, i think there were indications towards their existence throughout the manga, so i don't think it was just edged in.

Contributor
Get rekt, boi
The psycho prince and the psycho heroine should just get together, I'm a little disappointed they shelved their engagement...

The evening party couldn't have been more perfect for Aileen - instead of being made to look like a pathetic fool, she came out of it looking like a strong woman who has gracefully moved on from a disastrous engagement.

That's super funny, so both Cedric and Lilia are both trying to collect a harem? Well that just doesn't work hahahaba.

Dex-chan lover
I like how her dad is laughing 😅

Cedric thinks he's, as we used to say "All that and a bag of chips" huh? He and the heroine are more alike than should be allowed

How to be a complete bastard prince 101 by Cedric:

1. Propose to your childhood sweetheart
2. Completely ignore all her efforts to support you
3. Take a new girl, be loveydovey with her in front of your fiance
4. Accuse your fiance of baseless crimes and proceed to annul your engagement
5. Accuse your soon-to-be ex fiance of more baseless crime based on your confidence that she still desperate for you on the day your engagement will officially end
6. When she deny anymore lingering feeling for you, bark and force her to admit her nonexistent feelings for you cause of a past tense remarks and because you're sure no one will take this amazing woman for marriage, while ignoring all etiquettes and manners you should have mastered in front of an audience full of witnesses that will no doubt question the future of their kingdom if the next king is a tyrant
7. When she prove herself not guilty and sign the annulment (which you shouldn't forget that you started it yourself) and take the hand of your brother that treat her better than you ever were, start planning your revenge plan for her 'betrayal' which (I'm going to repeat it again) you started yourself (you're the one that wish to break up, remember?) by humiliating her in front of so many people, taking her achievement that she worked hard for and completely destroyed these project noble purpose, continue attacking her with baseless accusations, all of which you wish to bring her despair (like you haven't give her enough already) for reasons I can't comprehend other than the fact that you are a complete TRASH.

Users who are viewing this thread