I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Days as a Maid

Fed-Kun's army
@Raydnt I did expect a lot of people to disagree with me but I wasn't expecting to get insulted for it.

See, all of those are really important for Claire to overcome. But that has nothing to do with her loving Rei back. It's worth pushing Claire emotionally if it's for the sake of questioning her deeply-rooted beliefs about commoners, but it isn't so fun if that's the same method you use to question her sexuality.

I take issue with the fact that it's not established beforehand that Claire is interested in girls. I already disagree with the mentality that it's okay to push your love so hard that they invariably love you back, but it's worse if you're not sure of their orientation.

@democarplus Nah, I'm with you. This is totally harassment. The weird thing is that, glancing at the LN, it actually does have Rei mentally acknowledge how uncomfortable she's probably making Claire with her blatant leering. At least she does stop this behavior eventually, or so I hear.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling this myself. So far, everything comes across less like Rei slowly getting Claire to be more emotionally open by being a flirty goof, and more like she's emotionally wearing Claire down and invading her life until she has no choice but to accept her love. Which is... eh.

I think the like “getting Claire to open up” angle would work better if it weren’t paired with clear sexual harassment from Rei. Like the staring at her while she dresses and bathed and stuff doesn’t read playful it reads inappropriate

Fed-Kun's army
@Ghost213 Spoilers. But don't get too attached to Lene.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

I'm kinda sad that the manga seems to put in more fanservice and makes Rei seem more like a sexual harasser than she came across in the novel to me. Like she did mention that she appreciated Claire's body but it was always just such a short sentence that it came across a lot more respectful than this.

Fed-Kun's army
@skilodracus So you are fully aware that it's a spoiler but still post it so that everyone can see it? I really don't get it...

Fed-Kun's army
@skilodracus ah ha... when using spoilers press the button of an 'eye with a line through it' and then write in between the text that gets put it, [.spoiler] write here [./spoiler]

Supporter
I love both the Novel and the Manga. Rei will
begin to prove herself as a true friend that cares very much for Claire and prepares a future for them when things will get difficult

@Shiawase_Rina yeah those were my thoughts too, this seems more like sexual harassment, it should've been portrayed better cause rei isnt supposed to be that weird

Fed-Kun's army
Page 3, and there it is, the only cock that will appear in this manga 😁. But Im glad that there is progress

Supporter
I don't believe it is sexual harassment, when people fall in love some people do eccentric things to get the attention of the person they love.

Dex-chan lover
Back when I was still in school, I had a friend who ran into trouble. She had a childhood friend who, as they grew up, became obsessive and unpleasant. Her parents didn't believe her when she told them that this really upright and straight laced person was actually stalking her. Then one day, she was taking a shower and the friend entered the bathroom, stood in the doorway and silently watched.

After that, she had to put her schooling on hold and fled to a friend's place in a different town, not telling her family where she was going. Once you've had to deal with a stalker in real life, it's hard to see that kind of thing the same way.

Just thought I'd share that.

reu

Dex-chan lover
@redspiderlilies post 1 instance of sexual harassment. How many of her declarations of love were not prompted by the subject herself or by others directly asking the MC how she felt about the villainess? 0.

If I am asked if I love you or what I love about you, you are not entitled to hear from me whatever it is you want to hear.

Dex-chan lover
It is kinda gross she gets nose bleeds when looking at Claire's body , no matter how much someone says they love you its off putting if you don't feel the same way and have to put up with that

Users who are viewing this thread