I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Days as a Maid

Dex-chan lover
Aw, they are getting closer. Also I noticed that the MC uses chopsticks when eating while Claire uses a knife and fork. I like that little detail since he is originally from Japan.

Thanks for translating the chapter.

Fed-Kun's army
I don't know. People say Claire is opening up voluntarily, but I see it as her getting emotionally worn down until she returns Rei's feelings and that doesn't sit well with me.

Dex-chan lover
@simplechild
Wow no.
Rei is getting Claire to open up, that's not a bad thing.
It's clear that Claire has some past trauma with other people who probably left her and hurt her, so she's closed herself off from people.
She probably thinks Rei is the same as those who hurt her, so she's being extra cautious around her.
But now shes slowing starting to see that Rei is geniune, that is definitely not emotionally wearing her down.

You really live up to your name simplechild

Reactions: le3
Wait a second, am I the only asshole that beleives that Rei is sexually harassing Claire? am I seeing things the wrong way or something?

Double-page supporter
I'm already spoiled on the novel and... I find it hard to look forward to later chapters. I just hope it won't be as bad in the manga.

Double-page supporter
@democarplus she's definitely sexually harassing her, yeah. In the novel it was easier to just see it as teasing but not so much here...

KZO

Dex-chan lover
Why is the underwear modern instead of bloomers?

Anyway, typical for the villainess to think it's impossible for her to be loved. She seems starting to admit it but still she isn't fully convinced. Ganbare Rei.

Dex-chan lover
@KZO funny as hell when you read series like this and they’re riddled with anachronisms. Like I saw another series where their room was modern with ikea looking lamps and electricity. Another one where all the bathing suits were modern. I just...

Group Leader
@KZO @gum_rummy
It actually does get explained, or at least it does in the novel. To make a short story shorter, remember this is the world of an otome game designed by Japanese developers.

Fed-Kun's army
@Raydnt Rei blackmailed her way into being Claire's maid, and once she got the job she's spent most of her time mocking Claire and leering at her naked body. Both Claire and the other commenters are justified in feeling uncomfortable about Rei. Rei's attraction to Claire being "genuine" is irrelevant, it just means it is "genuine" sexual harassment.

Users who are viewing this thread