I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 7 Ch. 34 - Oohashi Rei's first love (2)

It's understandable how many people like Shiiko because it's not directly addressed, but if you notice how quickly she went for the rebound she's not entirely blameless either.
I mean, we're talking about high-schoolers. I think it's a bit unfair to expect them to fully plan out/consider every possible outcome in the heat of the moment.
I believe Shiiko thought that not only would this be as good a moment as any but that it'd also cheer Rei up a bit. We've seen her really caring for Rei so I don't think this was out of some sense of manipulation but genuine care and... also a bit of desperation. Shiiko did have to sit there and listen to Rei gush about how she was gonna confess to someone else, after all. And the topic they were discussing right then (about taking chances before it's too late) must've also resonated with her in that moment.
Sure, Shiiko should've said it sooner or maybe wait for things to calm down to actually have a chance, but that's something that can be appreciated only in hindsight.

Anyway, I don't think it's fair to put Shiiko in the same spot as Misaki or Kosaki. The other two knowingly and deliberately brought harm upon others to get what they wanted.
Shiiko and Rei were the only ones to be honest and upfront about their feelings without any ill intentions towards anyone else. They were just unfortunate to be the ones to confess to someone that was in a very dark place on one hand and a complete sociopath* on the other, respectively.

*Hell, even Misaki wants to be airlifted from that last conversation. Meanwhile, her girlfriend has negative shame

Dex-chan lover
Kosaki was the actual Bitch and as was the other misaki was still horrible.. No wonder Rei had an existential crisis.. damn, her parents tried to console her but teenagers never tell the parents anything.. And what’s worse is Rei being a victim of this, forgave kosaki!! That’s very tragic..

Dex-chan lover
How did she (Short hair bitch, forgot her name) ever expect another woman to like her back when she's bullying her best friend for being lesbian? And how does the girl that likes her not fall out of love with her since she clearly knows she "hates" lesbians?

Dex-chan lover
That kinda shit still pisses me off, and I've had a couple high school reunions, already...

Dex-chan lover
It's understandable how many people like Shiiko because it's not directly addressed, but if you notice how quickly she went for the rebound she's not entirely blameless either.
Teenagers aren't known for their amazing sense of timing, more for their impulsiveness. I think she hit that with a tee.

Too bad though, had she waited a few days/weeks, she might have actually gotten the girl.

Dex-chan lover
How could someone love this piece of hypocritical human garbage lmao

Aggregator gang
I think some people are forgetting that teen experiences with romance and jealousy can still be supremely childish and immature, just a step above what you'd think or remember from being kids but not quite on the same level of... "maturity" for a simplified overview, as adult relationships are like, so I don't find it all that Misaki and Kosaki did some rather manipulative tactics just to try and get the attention of the one they're pining for. Not to mention there's likely some details tucked away for the time being until they're relevant, since Rei is trying to explain just the "first love" part to Claire and Lily.

I'd say this is the best part of the story thus far even, rivaling the Love Scales arc at least. Interested to see where things will go from here...

Group Leader
don't like this comment, blame is not a binary 0 or a 1. what misaki and kosaki did was far far far far far far far worse than whatever shiiko ever would consider doing

Double-page supporter
Well that was about the most stereotypically Yuri thing I've seen in this manga...

Dex-chan lover
don't like this comment, blame is not a binary 0 or a 1. what misaki and kosaki did was far far far far far far far worse than whatever shiiko ever would consider doing
I'm largely just trying to bring up that in the light novel Rae points out that her first response to Shiko's confession was assuming that this result was why Shiko first spoke to her and why she worked to separate her from them. It's not exactly confirmed if that's the case but it's not as if she was without a motive. Yes, this isn't as bad as Misaki's fuck up.

Fortunately Rae has the benefit of hindsight so it's not as painful.

Double-page supporter
what the fuck

---

For a weird lighthearted manga the tonal whiplashes are starting to make my neck hurt. What's with this author and writing the most insufferable bitches just for them to be an asshole, get away scot free, and then leave the plot? Character development, intrigue and drama, sure, but it's been one anticlimax after another, tbh.
It gets progressively more serious as we head to the end of book 2. This setting is inspired by the French revolution after all.

Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah, because acting as if you find lesbians disgusting is a good way to get your lesbian crush to like you... Fucking dumbass.

I despise bullies and hope she fails at getting Isekaid.
assuming shes closeted this could just be her trying to "pray the gay away" and she later accepts it and dates kosaki

Dex-chan lover
The real twist of the knife is that Kosaki does not seem to regret it, even as an adult. I don't think Rae has really forgiven them, she has just tried to let go of it all for her own sanity. The fact that she phrases the meetup as "tried reconciling" implies that she wasn't besties anymore with Misaki and Kosaki.

Dex-chan lover
Man... Rei's a better woman than I'll ever be, if someone pulled such a stunt on me, chairs would've been flying.

"better"? There's nothing morally superb about letting awful people get away with awful shit with some half-hearted apology. Don't let accept the bullshit people give you about your entirely justified gut response being somehow morally reprehensible compared to just taking it up the ass without complaint. Being passive is far from the same thing as being virtuous.

Users who are viewing this thread