I'm not a villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
"I seen worse but the point is its a analogy about Racism."

Ah shit, here we go again with the safe heaven safe space bullshit nobody can talk a single bad thing about the color black be it referring to race or even something completely different. Since you really love to bring racial issue to every fucking inch of your life, how about this: fuck you and your domestic terrorist group. Fuck blm. Fucking looters murderers getting free pass hiding behind the bullcrap racial equality movement.

@Triparadox is acting like a real snowflake right now....
Anyway as a westerner I would call it racism I feel its more a long the lines of colorism if anything else.
I think @kaarme summed it up the best.

Aggregator gang
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH
Every time. Every fucking time with the "heroine is reincarnated too and is a total bitch that thinks everything should go her way" bullshit. You can create conflict in a otome-reincarnation story without relying on that cheap cop-out you lazy fucking author.

Gunna bet that, once again, the "heroine" is going to keep acting like she's in a novel and not reality where people will react to her based on the actions she takes and that, once again, she'll never come to terms with things being different or show any growth as a character until she's brought to her demise screaming "But I'm supposed to be the main character!!!".

What the hell is with this near-supernatural belief these people have in that things are guaranteed to go the way the novel says regardless of how differently they act?? Your first instinct should be to check that before anything else! The moment she saw Claudia being treated normally should have made her think "Wait something's different" but no. She's going to be caught up in her little fantasy and cause problems until she gets herself offed somehow (literally or metaphorically).

I wouldn't even be this mad if I hadn't seen this happen in every single one of the last five or so otome-game-reincarnation-like stories I've read.

Dex-chan lover
Analogy isn't the best term to use here, the story is more an allegory of racism.

@Kaarme

It would be incredibly naive to take that as racism, when in fact the purpose is to make a Japanese reader feel indignant because of the MC's treatment or proud of their native characteristics in the face of adversity.

Yea, that's racism. There's plenty of overlap between nationalism and racism, these concepts aren't mutually exclusive.

When looking at the social consequences solely based on natural physical characteristics, that falls in that overlap. So yes, this story is an allegory for racism.

Dex-chan lover
@AnacondaHL I'm sure the author would be happy you are able to look at it like that, but I'm incapable of it, having read so much isekai. I see racism in how beast people or even elves are treated in some isekai/fantasy, but I'm not able to see it when the MC has some Japanese traits and is shunned because of it. Maybe if the world had a whole race of people sharing those traits, and that whole people would be mistreated by others, then it would work for me as well.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme the amount of isekai you've read has nothing to do with your ability to spot the various nuances of racism.

That comes from life experience and open-mindedness.

You're literally just parroting examples of racism and claiming it's not racism.

Come on buddy, you're almost there.

If I grew up as the only asian kid at an all-white school, and some kids did the "fingers eyes slanty" motion at me, this is racism, regardless of if there is a whole race of other asians aside from me or if I was the only one left on the planet.

Dex-chan lover
@AnacondaHL It equals to propaganda for me in isekai. You can bring RL examples here, but it's meaningless. The nazis also blamed the jews for claiming all the wealth and power in Europe, leaving "proper aryans" impoverished and unemployed. I don't buy "aryans" being oppressed by racist jews, even though the nazis produced fancy books and movies to prove their point. Of course there are always expections in everything, probably also in isekai. It does help to realise that the Japanese are quite a bit more xenophobic on average than the people of the West, and they have also done little to deal with their imperialist past, aside from trying to make the younger generations ignorant of everything the Imperial Japan did out there.

I'm old enough to have life experience and open-mindedness, but also old enough to have lost much of the youthful naivety.

But sure, I admit I haven't been witnessing too much racism, having lived my life in a country that was pretty monocultural until the recent years.

Dex-chan lover
Sh*t, it's the stupid girl that thinks that just because she was the original heroine, she'd still be one and ignore the fact that in the original novel, the heroine was an actual good person and not a cruel b*tch.

I mean, logically speaking, if she were a good person, she would have sympathized with our girl. But she didn't.

It's starting to be an annoying trope. Just have the heroine be a nice girl. Plain and simple. Or maybe she would be the type that sympathizes with the villainess and wants to help her.

@AnacondaHL Rather than racism, I'd say it's being an outcast.

In her case, she's feared because of her great power. Power great enough to destroy the world.

And also, there is a part of their fear that is instinctive. Note how the baby was terrified of her. A baby with no real thought or opinion was scared of her.

And then these people know that they treated this being that can easily kill them badly.

Too bad they wen't with the heroine also being reincarnated. Looks like she will be striving to kill off Claudia asap.

@deathmailrock if you mean Syl in that chap - don't forget he was suddenly falling down and catched from a shadow, any baby would cry in that situation, and since she was never near him, she was a complete stranger who was shocked herself, logical, that the baby wouldn't get calmed down - sure they mentioned something about babys being naturally afraid of the dark spirit king, but how the heck will they know that if dark spirit blessings are that rare, at least Liam was obviously not, he seems to be not more than two years older, so he was a toddler at her birth too

and I have to say that "heroine" is quite stupid to act like that "you're my best friend" - even without being Claudias friend, she would be astonished and had at least mixed feelings, but whelp it's probably the easiest way for the author to show that she is reincarnated as well

heroine reincarnator sounds like she'll tell you about how she fucked your mom last night over Call of Duty voice chat

Fed-Kun's army
Okay okay, this just so fucking stupid. If she remembers her past life and knows she is in a novel, why is she so stupid? She reveals that she has memories from a past life immediately and does she not realize that before she can be best friends with Emily she needs to act out the parts of them becoming friends, she cant be retarded. This story just nosedived into idiocy incredibly fast. Really tempted to drop it at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread