I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain

I think the most apt metaphor here is if someone had killer queen as a stand, and everyone knew it. It's really useless unless you're out to kill people, the last user killed people, and goddamn if the spirit isn't a stand. I swear, I'm not crazy, am I?

@Nurarihyon Social justice warrior you say? *stares out window * Things like this remind me why a black person like me probably would not like living in Japan. Especially considering that here in the Caribbean we are predominantly black. I wouldn't survive in a world where slight tanning is considered to be so scandalous. I mean I'm the colour of...I actually can't describe it. Obama would be considered a white man down here. Rihanna Fenty claimed her mixed race father was white and she got away with it. That's how black we are. We would not imagine imagine calling Obama or Rihanna or her father dark.

I literally can't imagine slight tanning being called dark. Do you even call that tanning? The "white people" here have black mixed in them so they aren't even that pale. I can't imagine the world of the Japanese. I thought America was bad. Lol. I'd probably be in danger. All that stigma lol. "Social justice warrior" undermines just how angry I feel. I'm not trying to be "politically correct". I'm getting stupider just thinking about it. Nowhere in this world has the right response for my complexion. In the Caribbean they'd say, "You're dark but there are true ugly blackies out there". In America they'd probably think I blend in with the night sky. What's Asia like? What do they think about my skin? I'm dumbfounded. That's all.

WHAT IF THERE WAS A DIFFERENT ARTIST FOR THE MANGA COVERS THAT DIDN'T GET THE MEMO SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DARK???😃

Aggregator gang
I wonder if the editors behind the covers think that the problem of this series is the protagonist's color instead of the fact this is yet another "isekai in a novel with bad ending" story with no remarkable qualities. There are a bunch with both male and female protagonists already, and they all follow the same dang pattern lol.

What a stupid mamga. If that night king or whatever is the male lead then this manga is literally appropriating child grooming. Also isn't it his fault in the first place she was discriminated? If he hadn't chosen her she wouldn't have been feared by everyone. Her childhood is ruined by him and yet she bears no resentment towards him whatsoever? Characters in this manga are so unrealistic it's physically hurt to read

@RubyG8396 well not everyone is stupid like that commenter but here in the US we do have a huge colourism problem as is especially clear given current events. if you want to know what it's like in asian countries, there is a huge problem with colourism there too and there is even a skin bleaching industry. i can tell you china has a thing against anything darker than a sheet of paper and they say the most racist bs like it's a given to think such a way. case in point just look at what they think is acceptable for a laundry detergent commercial
where they literally throw a dark skinned black man into a laundry machine and white wash him into a pale asian man

CitrusFruit314 what can we even say at this point but yikes, i shouldn't be seeing a story like this with my own two eyes in the year 2020 or any year

@CitrusFruit314 first off, I'm pretty sure the ML would be the prince, if there is any ML she actually chooses/ends up with. There has been zero indication of any kind of romantic love formed between Gerald and the MC, it's honestly been straight up parental. Second off, have you not been reading the same story I have? Why on earth would she blame Gerald for other's bias and fear?? He destroyed their kingdom because they decided to persecute, betray, and discriminate against the person he originally blessed. Your thought process is literally equivalent to if someone's partner was abusing them, and then a friend stepped in and reported them and the abuser got sent to jail, but then you went ahead and started bitching about the friend ruining the abusers life. That's literally you.

@JustRyn I agree, there has been no romantic anything between those two. She's gotten close to several boys and he hasn't made any stupid jealousy remarks or actions. It has all been if you are nice to her and help her he commends them and if you are mean, let's destroy them. When I read lower the 2 comments that seemed to agree with that guy, I had to read his post... I have been greatly disappointed in the mangadex readers this day. I also now understand why we had literature class where we read a story and basically tell the teacher what happened. It is almost like they were reading a different story.

yada yada "protagonist" is a bitch yada yada "villainess" is a good person yada yada what a fucking twist
this art style is so terrible for this type of story

@CitrusFruit314 lol i guess u were just skip reading
gerald (the dark spirit) already told the mc before
because she's really unlucky or something of the short
that's why gerald want to protect and stay by mc side
so even without gerald staying in mc
mc would die sooner or later anyway
they despise mc cause she literally has a dark skin
the dark spirit come second

I know it is a fictional story, but I find too many manga where children are treated as fully mature adults for the sake of plot convenience or tension. In what world does an authority figure tell a child "would you be willing to go fight in war and kill a bunch of people? it is totally fine to refuse though". So she has the "choice" of participating in mass slaughter (and reinforcing the fear of the dark spirit) or refusing a direct request from the ruler of the country... Makes me so upset when authors of these stories don't put any thought into making believable character interactions.

Users who are viewing this thread