I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain

Usually don't comment but the comment section is pretty retarded for this manga.

Not sure how it's "racist" in the least. If anything, the manga portrays an accurate representation of today's society (being darker automatically deems you less unattractive or undesirable). There's a negative connotation based on the color of your skin and the manga shows that. It also sends a message that just because you're "darker" does not necessarily mean that you're evil. It's also the first manga to actual represent a darker skin protagonist. Not sure how Japan is racist or how this manga is racist in general. Y'all need to take a chill pill.

And for those that keep on commenting, "oh another iseki, disappointed," just don't comment and move on. No one is telling you to read it. Stop leaving hate for the translator. No one gives a damn.

Thank you to the translators for translating!

Dex-chan lover
Oh, how lovely. Yet another otome-villainess-isekai. Let's see what Mary Su she turns into.

*Reads...*

Oh dear.

*Reads more...*

Okay, that sucks...

*Reads more...*

Pheew, thank god she finally has some friends.

*Gets to the end of Chapter 7...*

Oh.... FUCK. 😲

Uhm. Strap yourselves in, kiddos. This shit just got real.

@Ayakaru I read this around a long time ago that this manga was indeed involves COLORISM💀💀🤮.

ALSO A WARNING, YOU WILL HATE THIS MANGA.

Read the spoilers at your own risk
THAT SHE WILL BECOME LIGHT SKIN AND Different colored eye??? PERMANENTLY At the climax. If you READ COMMENT PAGE SIX a person named prominis claims that . So ya this manga is basically racist. So don’t bother reading it. Because I saw someone arguing about racism and this person pointed out that it involved prejudice against skin color because he/she read it ahead😬💀 also dont forget that she really was forced to get lighter just for the manga to run ? Not it lol.

The fact that the author had to make her have lighter skin for the people to like her is really disgusting. Here we go Asian standards💀

@Orangeleafsx Lmao, wtf. That's just messed up. I was slightly hype for the comic because it seems like it was representing darker skin individuals. Thanks for letting me know. I'll most likely drop this. xd

Dex-chan lover
@Ayakaru they hate her because the person who almost committed mass genocide had dark skin which warped their perception on darker skinned people. It has no connection to real world race politics by the author. It's just a plot device. Keep reading and form your own opinion before you let others warp yours when reading about information

Aggregator gang
I agree, @Solistia. I don't understand why they would change the cover that way.

I've read what's been translated of the WN and I didn't really like her skin changing color either but I will defend the author on one point. The author didn't make it an instant cure to all the MC's problems with her parents and such.

Dex-chan lover
When you hate everyone with a certain skin color just because of something that happened in the long distant past.

Also... From what I can see of the illustration... She's barely tanned. Even my pale white ass is darker than her during summer.

I thought everyone hated her because she has black eyes and hair. When did it become because of her skin???

Can we just take a moment (for all those who have read the light novel version up to chapter 10) to say that Claudia’s parents are two rotten peas in a pod and don’t deserve to be called parents

@cinnamoncookie
Ummm, it was always all three. Her black eyes, dark hair and brown skin are signs of her protection from the Dark Spirit King. If the signs were that she would have a big af nose, everybody would be afraid of big noses (although it would be reasonable to be afraid of big noses ig Dark Spirit King or not) It'd also be a mouthful to say all three things each and every time so I would just assume they'd say the first thing that came to mind/whichever the author finds easiest to write or whatever.

Finally! Finally! An update.. Thank you so much, Haru Party! I hope the manga will continuously release this time.. 😄

Dex-chan lover
The sudden change in skin tone from black to white is kinda ☹

Dex-chan lover
So the manga publishers whitewashed the cover? Patethic.
And technically a spoiler, I've gave a try to the novel, she get "fixed" by the light spirit close to the end and everyone that wasn't close to her starts trying to get close to her, some of her friends even say she is more beatiful now that she is white, it totally erase the growth she had as a different person that no one would dare touch in that world.
I know very well that Japan sees racism differently and I actually like how they shit on western SJW and continue doing their jokes, but the author just wrote a bad plot at the end, is not trying to be funny with some stereotypes, is just racist.

Users who are viewing this thread