I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain

Novel spoiler: They whitewashed the cover because pretty soon her skin turns white. It’s REALLY problematic and against the message of the story. Basically, because she is nicer and better than the “protagonist” the light spirit blesses her as well, which turns her skin white and then everyone thinks she’s beautiful and loves her

SHE GETS TO BE WHITE AS A REWARD BECAUSE SHE’S TOO NICE TO BE BLACK GUYS

that’s when I dropped the novel. I was hoping they would change it for the manga

Dex-chan lover
So for those of you who finished the novel, how can I get a N word pass?

Wow... Well that's very disappointing 😭 Thank you for the spoilers peeps!- I can ready my heart at least 😞

Aggregator gang
@VooXoo ok ok ok, so you wanna tell me, they took the premise of the manga "black grill in isekai" and removed it ? wtf xD well i guess that's what happened when you can't construct a good story, you find yourself in a cul-de-sac

I don't like how they're trying to white wash the character that they made black... so I just sit here in my blackness...confused by the whole message but also not surprised.

Dex-chan lover
It's a matter of perspective.

To the Japanese, white skin is more than just what you or I consider white. It's an unhealthy kind of white. Think "Scandinavian Hikikomori" and you'll start to get close to what the Japanese ideal of White Skin is.

Dex-chan lover
@FireCamp the author
probably bleached her because that way JP female readers could insert themselves in the story, after all white skin and black hair is the normal JP girl, that when noble becomes a Yamato Nadesiko.
It was a bad move, I could have accepted the light spirit giving her the benedition and she becoming partly white or "tanned" but nope, is true that she recovered the skin color she should have been born with, but that makes having dark skin a curse that the heroine broke at the end.
The idea was good, but the author was unable to resolve it in a good way, is a short novel but still.

so basing of from the comment... she or rather her skin. would become white.... or whiter... i see.... let's see how it ends up.

and on another note, if basing it of milk, I would like to present a very dumb-ass statement. I like banana and strawberry milk more than chocolate or plain one. fuck ya'll, no one changing my mind. banana and strawberry milk is delish. and this line that i present here is an utterly stupid argument that no one should care nor read for.

Stupid sjw drama just makes the manga more interesting.

Seems like the white knights of the internet like nothing but boredom

Double-page supporter
The award for the shittiest parents goes to....

Also, I really don't think that Claudia's skin is dark enough when colored...
The dark and white hint makes me thinks that she's tanned but the actual skin colors is barely dark compared to the others.

I've seen vampire geeks with darker skins than her...
I can get out of my house stare at some random French citizen and they have more chance to be more dark than her...

I really wanted to see that cute tanned princess cutie for real...

I mean, if you literally treat her like trans at least give her a skin color that doesn't require you to be just a meter away from her to see that she's slightly darker than others...

Users who are viewing this thread