Imasara desu ga, Osananajimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimaimashita - Ch. 19 - The Worst Morning In History

Dex-chan lover
Guys what’s wrong with the comment section?? I mean the way she behaved is absolutely normal, if a close friend of yours suddenly refuse to hang out with you, what would you feel, i know angry is a no-no, but that’s human, and i like that part about her, i mean if she couldn’t keep up like that, she might end up in tears, don’t you see she put her face away?
why the fuck would she end up in tears over inviting someone and being rejected

bruh. are you dumb. that aint normal.

the truth is these characters are meant to be kids. high schoolers are dumb. doesn't mean you need to justify and rush to the defense of all them mfers.

JFC GIRL. ENOUGH MIND GAMES. JUST TALK. YOU DON'T NEED TO BAIT NOR JERK HIM AROUND. HE ISN'T A TROUT. HE IS YOUR (ALREADY) BOYFRIEND WHO LOVES YOU VERY MUCH.

WHY IS THIS SO F**KING HARD TO UNDERSTAND?????
Cause he's not. Just went back to check and no, they're not dating. The "date"? Not actually a date do to her mess up. The confession? Not the "I love you" confession instead it was "I always wanted to catch up". When they were mistaken as a couple? Nah bro deflected didn't confirm or deny and that was because he didn't want himself really wanting to be in the same school to be brought up. Her friends? Seems they're just teasing her. So that's why, they're not dating yet.

Double-page supporter
I don’t think that’s it at all. She’s just pissed off, and accidentally letting it out through her words.

I think considering the fact that she’s trying to end the conversation at first is kind of proof that she isn’t trying to be malicious. She’s being a jerk, cause she’s pissed and a teenager. You know, stupid teenagers with pent up angst and aggression and what-not. Y’know what I mean?
I mean... Both are true. She couldn't control her emotions and accept his refusal because she felt hurt and just wanted to go with him that badly, but when she sees how her being like that makes him do a 180 and do whatever she says, she keeps it up despite the "correct" thing in her mind being accepting the refusal gracefully and letting him not go if he doesn't want to. "Stop pouting. Stop luring him in with your feminine side."

Of course she's not malicious or anything. Faking being sulky is just a classic bakapple move. No one is acting that unreasonable here at all, and at the end, she's just incredibly embarassed about doing something that's signature of a girlfriend.

Dex-chan lover
Because he's scared to broke the relationship they have now, we can say things like "Just confess already" because we know their inner thought, but them?
That's the main reason CHF relationships fail and the CHF Never Wins. They don't want to risk what they already have so they don't do shit until someone else has already shoehorned in and stolen the guy/girl.

Dex-chan lover
I mean... Both are true. She couldn't control her emotions and accept his refusal because she felt hurt and just wanted to go with him that badly, but when she sees how her being like that makes him do a 180 and do whatever she says, she keeps it up despite the "correct" thing in her mind being accepting the refusal gracefully and letting him not go if he doesn't want to. "Stop pouting. Stop luring him in with your feminine side."

Of course she's not malicious or anything. Faking being sulky is just a classic bakapple move. No one is acting that unreasonable here at all, and at the end, she's just incredibly embarassed about doing something that's signature of a girlfriend.
I don't think she's fake sulking at all, she's genuinely frustrated even if her though bubbles are saying otherwise. It's tough trying to get closer to people and stepping over the line that puts out closer than "friends".

Even if you "know" the right things to say sometimes your body doesn't respond in kind. Frustration and angst often twists people up and makes them say or do stupid. When you're feelings a dozen feelings at once you don't usually get the choice to feel and act correctly as a teen.

Dex-chan lover
Duno what's so hard to understand. They both are crazy for each other but too chicken shit to confirm it's mutual rather than just close childhood friend behavior.

Dex-chan lover
She's stupid not because she is distraught about it. He refused the invitation, then did a 180 when he saw the mood she was in because of it. She felt like he was reluctantly going, that she was guilt-tripping him into going. She thought that she should say it's all ok and that he shouldn't have to go, but she wanted to go with him so badly that after she realized what being a pouty girlfriend does to him, she kept it up as act. Her guilt clouds her so much she couldn't even begin to actually think about why he's doing this 180 in the first place - he just cares about her feelings that much.

Basically, that entire monologue is just her going "nonono I'm not like this I'm not an annoying sulking girlfriend why am I acting like this?" When in fact she's keeping being pouty (against her will) just because it makes him dote on her. It's a very endearing kind of stupid.
bro
she's a teenage girl
and
he's a teenage boy
and
they're friends
and
she knows the reason he didnt want to go (so as not to create misunderstandings about them being a couple); its not like he actually didnt want to go

Dex-chan lover
That's exactly how my ex gf used to behave. It takes me back... wait

Double-page supporter
bro
she's a teenage girl
and
he's a teenage boy
and
they're friends
and
she knows the reason he didnt want to go (so as not to create misunderstandings about them being a couple); its not like he actually didnt want to go
Istg did everyone just read "she's stupid because" and stopped immediately to go type something and anything to defend her? I obviously didn't say that she did anything bad or even dumb, I said it's endearing.

I have no idea what you're even trying to tell me there. No, that's not the reason why he didn't want to go, only what she THOUGHT the reason was. He ACTUALLY didn't want to go at first. He didn't want to go because that's the school that he failed to get into in his pursuit to catch up to her in life, he was embarrassed. But when he saw how genuinely dejected his rejection made her, he immediately agreed to go.

In return, when he accepted her invitation, after she saw how her being dejected made him dote on her more and more, she couldn't calm down and instead sulked even further. That's why she was embarassed, because she thought she was being unreasonable, knowing that the right thing to do at that point was to gracefully accept it. That's not her being stupid, that's fucking adorable.

All of that is actually pretty much already encapsulated in the word "teenager".
Just a habit I picked out of high school english. “Always make sure the reader understands what you mean, don’t leave it up to chance,” or whatever lol.

Dex-chan lover
Istg did everyone just read "she's stupid because" and stopped immediately to go type something and anything to defend her? I obviously didn't say that she did anything bad or even dumb, I said it's endearing.

I have no idea what you're even trying to tell me there. No, that's not the reason why he didn't want to go, only what she THOUGHT the reason was. He ACTUALLY didn't want to go at first. He didn't want to go because that's the school that he failed to get into in his pursuit to catch up to her in life, he was embarrassed. But when he saw how genuinely dejected his rejection made her, he immediately agreed to go.

In return, when he accepted her invitation, after she saw how her being dejected made him dote on her more and more, she couldn't calm down and instead sulked even further. That's why she was embarassed, because she thought she was being unreasonable, knowing that the right thing to do at that point was to gracefully accept it. That's not her being stupid, that's fucking adorable.
I'm saying that it isnt "guilty-tripping", just a teenager sulking at something..
The way you said was like she was manipulating him or something

well, my bad

Dex-chan lover

While it's not a massively big deal, the way she is acting is hardly praiseworthy. It makes complete sense to criticize it, and the fact that she understands it herself is a big plus. What doesnt make sense at all is people defending it in this comment section. Is it "normal"? Sure, people do it. But is it good? Should it be criticized? I'd argue that a girl deliberately guilt tripping someone and acting all passive-aggressive and pouty is pretty manipulative and reasonable, even if it's not "terrible". I dont see how anyone could view it otherwise. There are obviously degrees to this and this is definitely not so bad on that scale, but it's still something that many self-respecting people wouldnt put up with. And I have a sneaking suspicion that behavior like this would not be as tolerated from a boy.

Users who are viewing this thread