Imasara desu ga, Osananajimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimaimashita - Ch. 21 - The School Festival That Started It All (Second Part)

Dex-chan lover
From the tone of previous chapters I assume this'll be walked back within the next 5 chapters at most and we'll be back to fluff.

I'm a big fan of the artist so I'll be back in a few chapters when the author walks this back.

Dex-chan lover
Here's my impression of 95% of commenters:

AHHAHhHhhh BOOHOO MY MANGA THAT HAS NO STAKES OR CONFLICT HAS SOME DRAMA INJECTED INTO IT NOOOOO IM SHAKING AND CRYING RN WAAAAAHHHHHHH WAHHHH I NEED MY MOMMY TO CHANGE MY DAIPY

like stfu and roll with the drama this shit is exactly what I needed after reading all the fluffy saccharine escapism shit you guys apparently like to read

Dex-chan lover
metal-gear-rising-hmm.gif

Now this is quite the development. I want to see where this goes (without reading the LN I suppose)
I'm with you 100% this is so over the top dramatic and unexpected I'm completely on board

Dex-chan lover
There are some masochists like me though that like reading this
I'm with you except for the masochism, to me this is peak drama. If you're overheard someone talk about how a girl they know had a crush on a guy that was exes with the girls best friend and she saw them have a romantic moment together that would be peak gossip.

This chapter has legitimately made my reading week so far, it's the soap opera level theatrics that I needed. I've been dropping series like flies lately because I picked too many things where nothing interesting happens and I am glad to see that Yom is delivering on the spice.

Anyone who doesn't like this chapter and calls it NTR A) doesn't actually know what NTR means and should probably leave industry jargon to the professional degenerates like myself and B) probably likes Umaru-chan and Kanokari

Enjoyed it so far for the comedy and still enjoy it for the drama. Looking forward to seeing how things progress.

Frankly, too many romance manga that hit the front page here are dumb, escapist pieces of drivel with no real driving force behind them and are only held up by legions of lonely dudes wishing they had their own, perfectly cutout, cardboard-depth waifus.

It seemed my reply got eaten. Anyway, I saw the comments and thought I would read from the beginning. This is a story that seems a fluffy romance if you look at it from Hikari's perspective but if you step back there is some troubling shit here. First, Hikari has created a fictional relationship in her mind. No where does Ta-kun show any interest in her romantically. Not only that, if you see her behavior it is really stalkerish. She eavesdrops, spies on him masturbating then looks through his room for the magazines, treats him terribly on many occasions like when he wanted to let her use his umbrella. Her friends even find her detachment from reality cute.

The last chapter has been foreshadowed throughout the story. Also, poor Ta-kun is a stand-up dude. He apologizes for making the kouhai sad, is completely honest with her, and even walks her to the train even after she barged in on his dinner. Meanwhile, they use the trope of barging into the chilldhood friend's bedroom to show how it actually can be really a sign of something more like stalking. Good writing. I hope it gets picked up.

wow the comment section is pathetic.
theres like bazillions of other popular girl unpopular guy rom coms if thats your jam.
knowing the author, better let him cook more. WA2 isnt praised like the 2nd coming of jesus for nothing. Also, page 7 is a very obvious reference to his former work.

Users who are viewing this thread