Imasara desu ga, Osananajimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimaimashita - Ch. 23 - How Foolish

I didn't sign up for this, but it is unique and I want to see where the author gonna bring this ( hopefully not down a clip)

Dex-chan lover
hmm, who is she going to exact her revenge on? to society?
The world. The world has been unfair to her, or so she believes, and so she's gonna make the world a worse place, even if by ruining one person

Dex-chan lover
hmm, who is she going to exact her revenge on? to society?
Naive people who are unaware of the "real world" while she suffers. Like the dude who is incredibly upset just because he couldn't get in to the same school as his rival.

She is just pulling a edgy chuuni 16yo bit. She will try, fail and fall for him for real. It's pretty standard. We have already seen her final form. Little cynical but overall still liked and have friends. So he fixed her instead.

Dex-chan lover
UHHHH! So dark... seriously. Even Bully Maguire would be jealous of her level of edginess.

DgMMsb6.gif

Thanks for the chapter!
Do the dance! - said by bully maguire to her

Double-page supporter
It's been good so far, sometimes you need to have those dark chapters to appreciate the future light ones

We have already seen her final form. Little cynical but overall still liked and have friends.
Well. she's probably going to no longer have friends after this. All of them were rooting for Hikari to end up with Yuu, so once they see, in their view, that Aya backstabbed her, it's not going to look pretty, especially with this chapter making it seem like Yuu has feelings for Hikari.

Won't be surprised if Yuu didn't see it as anything serious and broke it off, but Aya still had feelings for him. Yuu was waiting for Hikari in the classroom, found Aya there, then she kissed him instead of it being mutual.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Yup, it's just bad storytelling.

It's okay to shift tones or even present some edgy content. Just make it believable, logical and foreshadowing.

But no, author went full retard just because. It's his story, of course. But it's my time and I'm simply dropping this title. Not because the tonal shift but because the execution is simply cheap, rushed and badly written.
The author has been foreshadowing, but everyone took it for granted, pretty much like Hikari did. The date Yuu had with his kouhai showed she doesn't really know what's been going on in his life when she's not around. The couple at the restaurant and the festival showed Hikari didn't even have a good sense of how Yuu felt or feels about her. When Hikari asked for him to come to the cultural festival, he's hesitant about saying why he didn't want to go, until she reluctantly guilts him into going. With Aya, from her introduction she was portrayed as having some "experience" and being somewhat jaded. She outright said that her family had been having problems. From the group chat during the amusement park date, she was taken by surprise that Hikari's crush's name was Yuu. I think she's even designed to have a tragic heroine aura about her. I thought we'd get an arc with her but as more of a side character rather than a lead. The author played with everyone's expectations, but I don't think it's fair to say any of the recent developments came out of nowhere.

Double-page supporter
Yup, it's just bad storytelling.

It's okay to shift tones or even present some edgy content. Just make it believable, logical and foreshadowing.

But no, author went full retard just because. It's his story, of course. But it's my time and I'm simply dropping this title. Not because the tonal shift but because the execution is simply cheap, rushed and badly written.
Except it's not lol. Just because you've missed the details in the previous chapters doesn't mean it's rushed, cheap, or badly written. If you don't like it, that's fine, but to diminish what is actually there just makes you and your opinion look idiotic.

Dex-chan lover
Well. she's probably going to no longer have friends after this. All of them were rooting for Hikari to end up with Yuu, so once they see, in their view, that Aya backstabbed her, it's not going to look pretty, especially with this chapter making it seem like Yuu has feelings for Hikari.

Won't be surprised if Yuu didn't see it as anything serious and broke it off, but Aya still had feelings for him. Yuu was waiting for Hikari in the classroom, found Aya there, then she kissed him instead of it being mutual.
I highly doubt Hikari will go around shit talk Ayami to her friends. She will probably spiral down to some kind of depression route before they talk.

As for Yuu, we don't know anything about him except the brief moment in this chapter just like Hikari and anything about how he "feels" is just headcannon or projection which is what Hikari (and most of this thread) guilty of as well. We will need to wait and see his PoV.

Dex-chan lover
Fuck it, if Yom just hijacks this manga and just spams feet shots for a whole chapter I ain't even gonna be mad.
You're right, Yom can still save this trainwreck! Save us, based Yom-sensei!

Dex-chan lover
So we’re down this route huh ?
Seems like the author is paving the way for the dude to redeem himself by painting the friend as the sole "villain".

Double-page supporter
While the story going this turn was unexpected, I'm not completely opposed to it. Usually we have the plot twist of the best friend also liking the mc, but it's not too often there's already history between them. And with many childhood friends romance stories they're each other's firsts, which is partly why this caught everyone off guard.

But I also understand the frustration of all the people that were here for a troupe-y rom com. With no hints in previous chapters, they were definitely a blindsided. My condolences 😔🙏🏾

Dex-chan lover
KILL YAMI
KILL YAMI
KILL YAMI
KILL YAMI AND LET THE LIGHT OF CHILDHOOD FRIEND FLOW THROUGH THIS SERIES

Group Leader
Completely switching protag and story this way is like getting a completely different plate from the one you ordered shoved in your face in the cosy restaurant you chose, some might like it but most won't heh :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
The author has been foreshadowing, but everyone took it for granted, pretty much like Hikari did. The date Yuu had with his kouhai showed she doesn't really know what's been going on in his life when she's not around. The couple at the restaurant and the festival showed Hikari didn't even have a good sense of how Yuu felt or feels about her. When Hikari asked for him to come to the cultural festival, he's hesitant about saying why he didn't want to go, until she reluctantly guilts him into going. With Aya, from her introduction she was portrayed as having some "experience" and being somewhat jaded. She outright said that her family had been having problems. From the group chat during the amusement park date, she was taken by surprise that Hikari's crush's name was Yuu. I think she's even designed to have a tragic heroine aura about her. I thought we'd get an arc with her but as more of a side character rather than a lead. The author played with everyone's expectations, but I don't think it's fair to say any of the recent developments came out of nowhere.
The complaints are about tone, the tone of the story did an 180. Some of those snippets you're pointing out were presented in a lighthearted way even back then. You're right, the author played with everyone's expectations by making Ayami a clown living in a society.

Double-page supporter
On one part, I want the cute and fluffy childhood friends romance back...

On the other, I want to see what happens

Users who are viewing this thread