Imasara desu ga, Osananajimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimaimashita - Ch. 24 - I'm Not Crying

Dex-chan lover
Seen form Yuu's PoV this is a pretty standard romcom setting, MC and his childhood friend have feelings for each other but never made a move for dumb reasons, then suddenly the new girl arrives and MC gets dragged into her plot and ends up falling in love with her, I'm sure we've all read at least some manga that follows that structure
+CF realized her feelings late, only after MC got to know NG and events transpired

Dex-chan lover
Hikari only started liking Yuu after he stopped obsessing over her and is into another girl.

Sorry folks, but Hikari is incredibly shallow here. You dont deserve him at his best when you dont accept him at his worst.
She didn't even realized whether he was at his best nor worse because he never confessed. She only saw him as her CF before and only as a man till recently (1 year ago)
Willing to bet Yami was forced to break up with Yuu later on for Hikari sake, after she found out who Hikari was crushing on over the group chat.
Wait didn't yami only realized this during the school festival? When she saw Yuu? If she did forced the breakup, kissing him now is kinda toxic.

Aggregator gang
This still deosnt justify what she's doing, but this is being handled a lot better than I predicted(well better as in less bad not actually good) I can atleast feel for her a bit. In mc's case tho, I don't think it's illogical or doesnt make sense for a teenager to not be excited to have a chance to have sex with a good looking girl. He still went there with her to the hotel, which really isn't out of character since he can be really dumb and dense and I'm pretty sure he's going through a lot emotionally rn and is also curious about her which isn't really the best mindset to be making decisions. And it makes sense to me that he can't perform because of said reasons. At the end of the day he has a good heart and morals and guided y his passion and determination. Seeing her not being in the same "place" as him through her eyes is kindof a wakeup call for him that there's something wrong with the situation."
but at the end of the day...
I want my fluff back man

Dex-chan lover
People are taking this way too seriously, huh.

Like, it's not even that bad. Yeah, it's sudden because we've only seen things from Hikari's perspective all the time. It's sudden for her, so it's sudden for the reader too. We're now getting a new perspective, and that may put things into a new context. Like, why the guy was reluctant to go to the school festival at first. Or why he was so unmoved by some of Hikari's previous attempts to entice him.

Also, it's not nearly as dark as a lot of people are making it out to be. She ran from home because her step-father was being a creep, and as a last resort she tried (and failed) to sell herself. That's what we know for sure.

Well, I'll repeat what I wrote in the spanish chap, aherm:

Her not being a virgin has some pretty fucked up implications on what her stepfather actually did to her...

She may be trying to tone down and hide exactly what happened that caused her to run away from home. This arc is way darker than we anticipated Jesus Christ.
She said that her new step-father "tried something" and that's why she run away. I doubt he acctually raped her or something like that because she was able to escape before this happend. I guess that she's either lying about her virginity, had a bf before or had sugar-dating sex only(<-most possible imo). She's really messed up because of her father dying and new step father trying to fuck her too, and what's even sadder things like that happend in Japan IRL because of lack of mental help, it's no coincidence that there's so many Toyoko kids and teenagers that do sex work after school because of family problems(some just want to get money to buy expensive things like clothes, phone etc and that's separate case of over consumption and only finding value in expensive things). Some statistics say that 1 in 10 girls aged 14-18 do somekind of sugar dating in Tokyo and Osaka(mainly these two because apparently it's not really that common outside big cities). As readers we know that she somehow turned it around and is somewhat happy, has friends and still continues education but some scares still are within her. I remember everyone hating on her after chap 21 but she turns out to be quite complicated character. I doubt that MMC will acctually date her tho, he is still in love with FMC so it's interesting if she will be able to let him go or if she will make some drama. We can guess that she won't let him go that easily because she probably knew that her friend is the girl that he likes and vice-versa but maybe it will be just one time thing and she will get her shit together and apologise. Now I wonder if author will cook something with other girls too.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get his state of mind at all. This is straight-up hentai logic for me. He loved a girl for years, never told her, set up some made-up barrier of getting into the same school, and when he failed in that, just one event, not even trying to confess, he jumped in bed with the first person who offered. To me, this really puts in question if he was even in love, or just wanted to "catch up to her".

My main issue is still me not caring about those events that have no real influence on the main plot. The fact they dated is probably enough, and no matter what happened, it still won't make me root for the girl who backstabbed her best friend.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I'll repeat what I wrote in the spanish chap, aherm:

Her not being a virgin has some pretty fucked up implications on what her stepfather actually did to her...

She may be trying to tone down and hide exactly what happened that caused her to run away from home. This arc is way darker than we anticipated Jesus Christ.
This. Just... This.
I'm now sure she did get raped/molested/"choose your favorite way to call it" by her stepfather. I mean, her "Metaphor" is quite clear. (and at least in it she's saying he "tried", not "succeed", but yeah no a rape attempt is still incredibly horrible)

I mean... this manga changed tone so violently I wouldn't be surprised if we got that kind of reveal later to add to the shock.

I don't know what's sickening me the most: the out of nowhere change of tone of the manga, some of the reaction i've seen about
the whole thing, or how common in real life Yami's situation is... :fml:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Nah fuck all this hate, I say keep cookin ang let's burn this house down :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
If you just remove this character along with this arc, absolutely nothing will change. I mean, whats the point of this

Users who are viewing this thread