Isekai Craft Gurashi Jiyu Kimamana Seisan Shoku No Honobono Slow Life - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
Here we go! Miyabi got his chance to shine, now it's your turn Liz! Fighting! Really love their interactions, don't you dare split them up Author-sama! Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I can appreciate that the MC deliberately dismissed the idea of using Japanese style here. I must admit, with all the isekai I read, the Japanese superiority tropes have gotten rather trite, so this is rather refreshing. Perhaps we will some day see a fantasy world native who does not immediately fall in love with soy sauce. I won't hold my breath for that one.
To be fair? Go taste some bargain bin soy sauce, then taste some premium quality stuff. Now imagine that the gap in quality was 10,000x that, due to refinement and industrialization of process over centuries of chefs distilling the essence of it. Or take a crap fish sauce and compare it to Red Boat. Then compare both of them to something like homemade garum (Max Miller could probably help out there.... hah), or something like the sauces used for primae mensai (which were so heavily spiced with cumin, coriander, and cardamom that you couldn't taste the food... and that was deliberate, because it was a sauce used to mask off flavours from meat that had started to turn, but the sauces didn't really taste good themselves, either). Cream and egg-based sauces didn't actually come around until the 17th century, and most sauces known today are refinements over the two centuries following, as that's when the "mother sauces" came into creation, and birthed a million more sauces from their bases. I mean, mustard was made first in the 18th century, same with mayonnaise! BBQ sauce is a 19th century invention. Really, refined sauces are actually a major culinary advancement.

To the translator team: Thank you so much for the chapter!

I really am so very happy that Miyabi didn't go the Japanese style route here. It's still very much modern chic, being a spa-like design, but the part I liked best was that I called it on it incorporating a greenhouse-like area for those roses. <3 Very nice he even extended it into an allowance for the public (which works double duty as a permanent fresh water source, as well).

Dex-chan lover
I almost didn't recognize the manga with the new cover art. Does anyone know who those two on the cover are? Maybe members of the aforementioned A-rank party "Red Cliff" (Also the name of a John Woo film I wonder if it's a coincidence?). Or maybe new characters introduced in the capitol once they get there.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee: :hearts: :aquadrink: :meguu:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
Nah I don't think so. Considering the atmosphere of the manga so far I think it's more likely that she just has some history with them that causes drama rather than them being overtly bad people.
My guess is some connection to her father maybe? Since he was an adventurer before her, so maybe they are somehow connected to him? Either way, them being posed that way, and not showing faces, and having the one bald guy, usually is indicative of them being "bad guys" but hopefully that's just bait and switch.

Dex-chan lover
…even appear in stories in which the Japanese social order crushed the MC in his previous life.
It's particularly galling when they use it to make a worlds entire food culture be barren.

I still can't read that one cafe isekai with a fem mc bc it's starting chapter made her so rude to the people who rescued her bc the author made all the food be basically garbage so they could do the "look! Japan food good!" thing. :c

Dex-chan lover
Man i'm so excited to see this next adventure with cat baby. Maybe she'll convince miyabi to make her some new figures to play with while on the trip lol.

This lil arc with the duke was so fun though, exceptionally cool to see mc interacting with other crafters and especially to see him, tsundere & karen make a bathroom that's absolutely stunning both aesthetically and in its practicality, plus benefits the people under the dukes protection.

That hot water will likely be vital in the winter months for preventing illness and making things at least slightly less dire for everyone.

Dex-chan lover
Prediction: Liz has some kind of history with “Red Cliff”, the Duke knew that and wants to see how they deal with whatever complications arise from putting both groups together. It’s also possible that his daughter has some sort of ability that’ll help the Protags resolve whatever issue might come up in their favour, which the duke (and his daughter) would have deliberately set up in order to help resolve some kind of mental weight that keeps Liz from going beyond her current self-imposed limit.
Either way I’m nearly certain that Liz is going to undergo some sort of mental/emotional improvement during this arc.

Dex-chan lover
I can appreciate that the MC deliberately dismissed the idea of using Japanese style here. I must admit, with all the isekai I read, the Japanese superiority tropes have gotten rather trite, so this is rather refreshing. Perhaps we will some day see a fantasy world native who does not immediately fall in love with soy sauce. I won't hold my breath for that one.
I mean...soy sauce is really good though...

Aggregator gang
Yeah, they should fall in love with ponzu sauce instead (jk jk, I just like it better than soy lol).

Users who are viewing this thread