Isekai de Haishin Katsudou wo Shitara Tairyou no Yandere Shinja wo Umidashite Shimatta Ken - Vol. 1 Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
You're assuming far too much, considering she never said anything of the sort about the previous pimp and at best implied that he was an asshole.
Possibly. But I stand by what I said. Nasty pimp was presented with all the standard fictional trappings of criminal pimpdom.

...the guy who charged that this was a "liberal Twitter feminist fever dream" or whatever was otherwise scarily spot-on in his assessment despite his flippancy. Moral import aside, it IS charging that sex work is valid and vital, and it IS arguing that it's not great that prostitutes aren't considered good enough to marry.
Huh. Cuz it seems 100% consistent with the conservative emphasis on individual rights, property rights, entrepreneurship, personal responsibility, the value of labor, and free markets.

With that lack of regret, the best you could say that approaches your charge is that he puts personal value on his family name that isn't commanded of him.
Yup. This is Japanese fiction, and that's consistent with Japanese values

The "rotting meat" comparison is in reference to the esteem they're held in.
Yup. That and the brevity of their professional shelf life.

...his aversion to marrying a prostitute is meant to be evidence that they're looked at poorly, as if it's wrong to not want to marry a prostitute-- especially since their work is (or so the narrative altogether charges) at least as valid as the work of other people.
Yup.

Nobody will ever be able to get away from the fact that any form of prostitution is at least partly supplied by sex trafficking, which justifies the lion's share of its opposition. Even in the well-invoked Netherlands, this is an issue.
Yup. It's a problem. The solution, however, is not the criminalization of prostitution and contempt for prostitutes. That just further victimizes an already victimized group.

Not every society-level heavily-entrenched-and-beyond-question aversion is rational, but that doesn't mean that none of them are.
Yup.

Dex-chan lover
Huh. Cuz it seems 100% consistent with the conservative--
Firstly, whose conservatism? Not everyone has the same political spectrum America does because not every country has the same culture America does. Even in America, the conservative umbrella is fragmented (I mean, both the "conservative" and "liberal" umbrellas are fragmented).

Secondly, I'm trying to divert away from that point because I honestly don't care about it compared to the fact he was largely right about his assessment of the narrative's import. I already mentioned that there are arguments all across the political continuum for and against prostitution.

Yup. This is Japanese fiction, and that's consistent with Japanese values.
That's not an idea that's confined to Japan. Most men would not marry a prostitute for personal reasons.

Yup. That and the brevity of their professional shelf life.
Rotting meat doesn't have a shelf life-- it's already spoiled.

Yup. It's a problem. The solution, however, is not the criminalization of prostitution and contempt for prostitutes.
There's not much room to not criminalize an institution that's incapable of not replenishing its ranks through sex trafficking because of its very nature.

Dex-chan lover
I'm trying to divert away from that point...
Don't let me stop you.

That's not an idea that's confined to Japan. Most men would not marry a prostitute for personal reasons.
I was talking about the strong emphasis on family name and social responsibility, and the ways in which that emphasis restricts "free" individual choice. More characteristic of East Asian than Western cultures.

Rotting meat doesn't have a shelf life-- it's already spoiled.
All plant- & animal-based food (the word used in the narration) is arguably "rotting" from the moment of harvest/slaughter. It's only spoiled once it has discernably rotted. That's the sense in which I believe the comment relates to a prostitute's commercial shelf life. It's a vivid and clear analogy, albeit overegged.

There's not much room to not criminalize an institution that's incapable of not replenishing its ranks through sex trafficking because of its very nature.
The problem isn't "the institution". That's a misleading euphemism. The problem is that largely male demand outstrips largely female supply.

The solution is not to push prostitution as a whole into the criminal darkness in which human traffickers thrive. In my view, it's to legalize, license and closely regulate prostitution. This will generate tax revenue, safeguard public health, reduce harmful prejudice & stigma, and free up resources to both fight human traffickers and assist trafficked victims.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well this chapter was amazing...for getting people with shitty opinions to out themselves in the comments.

Normalizing sex work and sex workers is a good thing, and if you don't like that feel free to put me on ignore because I don't need to see your garbage opinions.

Dex-chan lover
Are we going to casually ignore that if there are female prostitutes, that male prostitues might exist? Or are you fine with the Valhalla Penis Mansion? So how is this a feminist, left-wing subject?
Demand, my boy. The vast majority of women aren't willing to spend resources for sex, or a man for that matter. If a woman wants to have sex, she just needs to randomly choose a number from her cellphone, and if the guy isn't in a relationship, there's a very high chance he'd accept casual sex (of course the chance would diminish depending on how ugly she is, but you got the idea). Gigolos were always very few in number exactly for that. Sex is much harder for men to obtain. My problem with Valhala is more the slavery theme than the prostitution.

Dex-chan lover
I was talking about the strong emphasis on family name and social responsibility, and the ways in which that emphasis restricts "free" individual choice.
But you don't have to appeal to that. Most men wouldn't want to marry a prostitute in the first place anywhere in the world because it was largely considered shameful regardless of culture, religion, or even permissibility. And this guy? He had to "find out" that she was a prostitute.

All plant- & animal-based food (the word used in the narration) is arguably "rotting" from the moment of harvest/slaughter.
That's a tortured word game, saying that freshly slaughtered meat, or freshly harvested crops, are "rotting". Applying your insistence, the narration has to be read as asserting that a prostitute is no worse off than any non-prostitute (since meat that's perfectly fit for preparation and consumption is in the same class as a slimy and malodorous meat largely claimed by bacteria and fungi)-- which is obviously not its point and is never considered to be true in normal conversation.

The problem isn't "the institution". That's a misleading euphemism. The problem is that largely male demand outstrips largely female supply.
...yeah, that's probably going to happen whenever you make prostitution readily accessible. It increasingly became the case that the prostitutes of Ancient Rome were already slaves, or-- worse-- poached orphans raised with the expectation of becoming a prostitute.

In my view, it's to legalize and closely regulate prostitution.
As we've both acknowledged, the Netherlands-- which has legal prostitution-- still struggles with human sex trafficking. People from other countries around the globe are importing victims into the Netherlands (and other countries, as well, whether they have gaping loopholes that could only be intentional-- like Japan-- or outright ban it like the United States). Victims are being recruited within the Netherlands, despite whatever legality and regulations exist.

This will[...] free up resources both to fight human traffickers and assist trafficked victims.
Giving the government more money won't enable it to make better spending decisions, and given that prostitution became heavily scrutinized in the past few centuries because of its propensity to spread disease I highly doubt that its legalization will mitigate that. Recognizing prostitutes as human beings is able to be accomplished without legitimizing the institution in which they operate.

All that said, "free up resources both to fight human traffickers and assist trafficked victims"? How many more times are we going to evade the already mutually-agreed-upon fact that legalizing prostitution demonstrably doesn't make human trafficking easier to combat?

I'd opine that a legal prostitution institution amounts to a front for human trafficking.

I got curious at whats To come & saw the Raws then I found out

THIS MANGA WAS A .1 CHAPTER FIASCO AND THE SCANLATION TEAM COMPILED THE .1 CHAPTERS INTO FULL CHAPTERS FOR US!!

I’AM DEEPLY MOVED BY THIS CONSIDERATION
To be fair, I think that's emerging as an anti-karōshi practice.

...but I can't be sure, because places like Comikey and MangaUp break apart chapters (with at the least the latter service only allowing you to RENT the individual parts).

Dex-chan lover
But you don't have to appeal to that. Most men wouldn't want to marry a prostitute in the first place anywhere in the world because it was largely considered shameful regardless of culture, religion, or even permissibility. And this guy? He had to "find out" that she was a prostitute.
I don't care what "most men" would or wouldn't want to marry, nor is it germane to any point I've made.

That's a tortured word game, saying that freshly slaughtered meat, or freshly harvested crops, are "rotting". Applying your insistence, the narration has to be read as asserting that a prostitute is no worse off than any non-prostitute...
I think we've both spent more than enough time splitting this particular hair.

As we've both acknowledged, the Netherlands-- which has legal prostitution-- still struggles with human sex trafficking. People from other countries around the globe are importing victims into the Netherlands (and other countries, as well, whether they have gaping loopholes that could only be intentional-- like Japan-- or outright ban it like the United States). Victims are being recruited within the Netherlands, despite whatever legality and regulations exist.
Crime exists. This doesn't prove that efforts to mitigate crime are useless. Similarly, the recruitment of trafficking victims within the Netherlands (to whatever extent this happens) doesn't suggest that decriminalization, licensing and regulation don't work. It only reinforces the obvious truth that human trafficking is a massive international problem. And it's not limited to prostitution. People are trafficked for numerous reasons.

Giving the government more money won't enable it to make better spending decisions, and given that prostitution became heavily scrutinized in the past few centuries because of its propensity to spread disease I highly doubt that its legalization will mitigate that. Recognizing prostitutes as human beings is able to be accomplished without legitimizing the institution in which they operate.
Hospitals were a huge disease vector prior to the acceptance of hand washing by physicians in the mid-19th century (see Ignac Semmelweis). We now understand and can combat the spread of disease in hospitals, just as we can combat the spread of disease by and among licensed prostitutes -- given a well-regulated commercial environment.

All that said, "free up resources both to fight human traffickers and assist trafficked victims"? How many more times are we going to evade the already mutually-agreed-upon fact that legalizing prostitution demonstrably doesn't make human trafficking easier to combat?
Neither demonstrated nor agreed upon.

I'd opine that a legal prostitution institution amounts to a front for human trafficking.
Ok. I hardly imagine it will come as any great surprise that I disagree :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Damn the author is fucking BASED. At the end of the day people are just trying to survive and there is nothing shameful about that. If you want to blame someone/something, blame the system/circumstances that led people to do those kinds of job, or blame the powerful people who let the situation came to that.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the chapter.

It is kind of funny to see all of this outrage about this subject about something that all of yall never dealt with personally. I have a chance to talk to alot of women about this (my rl job) and most of them just did it for the money while those who were in a very dire situation does it to survive another day.

I told them that I have alot of respect for them because it takes alot of courage to do something like that and understanding that there will be consequences for these acts.

Dex-chan lover
Man most of these comments and essay length debates are garbage. Let ho's be ho's and make bread. It's a fictional story about fictional characters, MOVE ON!!!

Dex-chan lover
Are those two jojo posing in the last panel?
Kakyoin_Infobox_Manga.png

Double-page supporter
Already knew what the comments were going to look like when he said that. Predictable trash.

Users who are viewing this thread