Isekai de Haishin Katsudou wo Shitara Tairyou no Yandere Shinja wo Umidashite Shimatta Ken - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
So prostitution is cool because "it's legal, and it's a job"... but assassination is also cool, despite being illegal, "just because"... Nice consistency for my guy.
I really hate every time "streamer" appears in this comic. I wish he never streamed again, so I could keep brain cells.
he never said assassination was cool, he said that assassins are cool (which is an opinion you'd commonly find nowadays)

but he did barely say anything negative about it other than its an evil job and changed topic

Dex-chan lover
I really hate every time "streamer" appears in this comic. I wish he never streamed again, so I could keep brain cells.
But if he never streamed again, there'd be no story-- actually, who was the guy who read this as an WN and thought "yeah, this is good, this would make for a decent manga"? Like, you have to fight so hard JUST to get serialized, let alone not get axed, but this is also the kind of stuff that gets serialized.

And the weirdest part is that this is the kind of story that carries on the most, with hundreds of chapters.

he never said assassination was cool, he said that assassins are cool
...what difference is there supposed to be?

Dex-chan lover
"I think assassins are cool for what they do, even though what their profession is literally against the law."

...is the protagonist meant to be this naïve? Like, he could have used his Speech: 100 to eliminate the assassination profession and this girl could have become a respectable literally-anything-else, but instead he gives a mealy-mouthed condemnation paired with a affirmation of how cool they are?
You assume there's any intention or wisdom in his actions. His whole schtick is going complete no-filter and having no idea just how entrenched he's become in parasocial bonds.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what it says in the raw? If it literally says assassin its still pretty bad of him, but if it says kunoichi or shinobi i think its got some leeway since they aren’t pure assassins in the western sense

Dex-chan lover
You assume there's any intention or wisdom in his actions. His whole schtick is going complete no-filter and having no idea just how entrenched he's become in parasocial bonds.
But you'd think that, even without a filter, Mister "Humans and Evil Clan* can get along hand-in-hand" would be able to say "murder is wrong, and commissioning murder is also wrong".

*that's what "mazoku" renders to, and that's almost certainly how they refer to the demon race

Dex-chan lover
I wonder what it says in the raw? If it literally says assassin its still pretty bad of him, but if it says kunoichi or shinobi i think its got some leeway since they aren’t pure assassins in the western sense
She kills people for money.

She's an assassin for hire, a hitman. Unambiguously.

That aside, the raw for chapter 8.1 (where she's introduced) uses the term 暗殺者 ("an-satsu-sha") to refer to what "Crows" are a euphemism for. The term means "assassin".

Fed-Kun's army
Assassins are cool if they're on the "good" side like John Wick, AC, Alucard, Simo Hayha, etc.

Dex-chan lover
concept vs reality type thing, he is a dumbass who didn't think much about it being an actual thing in that world and just gave his thoughts on them based on his imagination and previous world standards
Based on his imagination and previous world standards?

...that just means that he thinks real assassins are cool, despite their illegality.

And I know he had in mind video games when he started giving his answer, but he was answering a person who talked about real people making a living through assassination, and he fully acknowledges that there are people in that line of work by the end of his comment.

Dex-chan lover
In a way, this can be considered night crawling, gl crow to win mc heart and in bed huehuehue

Dex-chan lover
So prostitution is cool because "it's legal, and it's a job"... but assassination is also cool, despite being illegal, "just because"... Nice consistency for my guy.
Hey, this guy's talking shit about streamer! Get him!

Users who are viewing this thread