Isekai de Nonbiri Iyashi te Hajimemasu ~Doku nimo Kusuri nimo Naranai kara Tensei Shita Ohanashi~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Thank you! I wonder if Falco's attitude toward Shou seems out of character for his friends?

@SoloSera, Thanks for sharing your views, it's interesting and I had similar thoughts before too! You can actually just tag me (or anyone) if you have that concern to make it appears as it's more specific/directed at me/anyone. My opinions could be very lengthy so feel free to disengage if you lost interest in the topic.
Hidden due to it very lengthy:
For me, I personally think that human beings just have existential limitations to even claim that they are capable to understand/represent/relay messages of divinity, because if a human being wanted to truly understand/reach divinity, it would mean that they have to give up humanity in order to do that, which means that they would be no longer a human by the time they are capable of understanding the essence of divinity, this would mean that being human itself is a limitation and so no human should be able to understand divinity and all the religious teachings whatsoever are all decided by humans based on their imaginations/interpretations heavily influenced by factors such as personal bias, cultural/political/social perspectives and agendas, and so on. To me, divinity is just irrelevant and pointless to humanity and should be taken as part of nature instead of being obsessive about it because it's out of reaching and beyond human understanding in the sense that whatever religious teaching preached by human beings are still concepts imagined/interpreted by human beings made to be comprehensible by human beings, when if human beings actually come into contact with actual divinity even if it's in the form of messages then human beings would die or whatever simply because of existential limitation or would fail to receive it without the right existential receptors. With that said, if divinity exist, then signs of divinity that human beings are capable of grasping are actually already part of nature, not only on Earth but in the universe where we are still exploring. There are so many possibilities of signs of divinity but it would digress into other topics too like whether the divine/mythical beings are actually just aliens/creatures of higher dimensions/whatever that they are only seen as divine because they have abilities that human beings find powerful and restricted to attain due to limitations, and that they even have higher beings above them even and so on, which means divine beings are basically just beings that are more powerful than the ones worshipping them, and there's no absolute divinity but only relative divinity; or that if there are divine being with will/persona (aka god(s) with a form perceivable by human beings) then is our world already abandoned by them or not, having already moved to other universes/dimensions or already dead etc; or even about maybe god(s) exist in certain parallel universes/dimensions only or only in the original universe/dimension which means if our world has no god(s) it might indicate that our world is not the original one but the parallel one. The possibilities only go more into philosophical thoughts that it's more the reason why I said it'd be irrelevant to humanity, because if they are simply more powerful beings, there's no way to ensure that they are actually concerned about humanity or consistently demand how the human to behave the way human thought they want, or if they are no longer with us in this world, we human beings are not significant powerful beings that are capable of making them back or revive them whatsoever so there's no point too. I sometimes also think about do human beings prefer to be "controlled" by divine beings that's why many people are so obsessed with their religion etc, why can't human beings just be more concerned about doing better and moving forward as human beings with free-will without having humanity and lives decided/manipulated by religions/divine beings, these ideas are actually quite cliche and are frequently the core theme in fantasy JRPGs and novels/mangas too.
It always makes me feel like a person is losing their sense of reality or brainwashed when they claim that "they know/understand" what their god(s) want and they are "doing it for your own good on behalf of the god(s)" simply because they read it on their religious texts. It's really depressing for me especially when such kind of phenomena still happen on a larger and impactful scale like in many countries/societies there are religious context and agenda mixed into the legal and political systems. Faith should have been personal and different for each person without being forced/pressured to believe in it because it's a personal journey to improve their spirituality, and not be used as a tool in political, social and legal influences. There are so many religious people who have lost their ways and been masking their existential fears especially noticeable when they start thinking and preaching along the lines that they are the "chosen ones qualified to represent their religion to relay divine messages", in the ways that they would demand non-followers around them or even the society at large to follow their religion otherwise the non-followers deserve sufferings, judgments and punishments, and often even want to make it into political and legal demands.

I noticed there's a tag for romance, I wonder what that'll be. Hopefully we can meet the other two people who reincarnated into 10 year old kids, but the concept of being able to live up to 200 years is interesting. I'm kinda interested in the fact that people normally have kids at 150 years, and our fl's guardian is 50 but he looks like he's in his 20s. so I wonder how fast their body ages, and what's the norm for age gaps in this au. Also thank you for translating this series!

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@zz2000

So basically "worldwide genocide" as various company bosses (Gods) scout out their preferred candidates for their company (world). In this case, because the MC falls under True Neutral alignment.

To be honest though, the MC doesn't feel like True Neutral.

Group Leader
Great chapter! Thanks to the scanlators for this, I really like it so far.

Dex-chan lover
@Nep
Correct on all counts. WN also states the isekai gods were interested in Earth's humans because the civilization level outpaces their own homeworlds. However, the goddess adds at the rate Earth is developing, the planet can't take it anymore and that Earth will die in a matter of years.

Dex-chan lover
@zz2000

So rather than let the humans know, they mass murder them and pick their favourites out of those killed, letting the rest of the folks souls fade away into nothingness.

I see only evil gods among those, ignoring the theoretical talk of folk in the comment chains about what gods are and limitation of humans and whatnot.

Additionally, how is the Earth dying? Rampant greenhouse effects? But even rampant greenhouse effects wouldn't turn the planet completely uninhabitable for hundred if not thousands of years.

My guess? The goddess lied... kinda. The reason earth will die is because the gods took notice of it. She just wants to paint themselves in positive light. To paint mass murderers in the light of goodness.

Either way, no matter if we can't understand their ways of seeing the world, mass murder is mass murder.

Dex-chan lover
"Making up" that "hunted" backstory actually turned out to be pretty great for her. Keeps her on the down low.

@Nep Regarding the true neutral comment, I think this god is more or less making a gamble. She probably lived her life on earth in a way that would give her that sort of impression, but that doesn't mean she could rise up in either direction in this world. I dare say maybe the goddess is counting on it to go a certain way.

Dex-chan lover
@Elmithian Iirc the WN never specified how the earth would die, simply the goddess said Earth's days were numbered due to its development pace (environmental subtext that wasn't expanded upon). I assume the goddess said that to justify her taking the souls of MC and the 2 others - since your world's gonna die anyway in the long term, we might as well make use of your spirit energies for the benefit of our worlds (or in this goddess' case, possible unlocked spiritual potential).

Esp. since there's no deity to protect Earth, so to them it's fair game. Like a deposit of minerals just waiting to be strip-mined.

@Ani7032 WN link - https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6860dt/

Dex-chan lover
There's something off about the way dialogue and story flows. I'm out.

Users who are viewing this thread