Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Vol. 13 Ch. 79 - Hiyashi Chuka

Dex-chan lover
I think prized is fine in that context, he means that it's his favorite but difficult to find. To seek out a prized possession. Either would work, prized seems better in that situation but it is a fairly rare usage. It also implies that he speaks with an educated background where someone more working-class in Aitheria would call it their favorite.

You're going off on the wrong context here.

It's not a difficult plant to find IN OTHER PLACE (like, y'know, his hometown)

He's not questioning because it's a rare plant (even in the bento chapter he thought they traded for some in preparation for his arrival) he's questioning because it's so fresh that after thinking about it shouldn't be possible given the trade routes he's aware of.

Dex-chan lover
The way Londbault is overwhelmed by how beautiful the world is when he first wore those glasses may look like an exaggeration, but that was the exact reaction I had when I first wore my current pair of glasses as well.

I've had shortsightedness since I was a kid, but I stopped wearing my old glasses for a long time before wearing them again, and it turns out that my shortsightedness had worsened and everything that's 2 metres away and beyond was still blurry, so I had to get a new pair of lenses.

When I got the new lenses, I could finally see everything clearly, the leaves of the tree near the glasses shop, the posters hanging on the wall, the certificates plaqued on the shelves, etc. I became obsessed with tracing the lines of objects and just appreciating how beautiful the world is.

Anyways my story aside, great chapter as always. This series never fails to deliver :)

Aggregator gang
Glasses are really versatile.

First, you can have glasses-wearing girls take them off and suddenly become beautiful, or have girls wearing glasses flashing those cute grins, or have girls stealing the protagonist's glasses and putting them on like, "Haha, got your glasses!" That's just way too cute! Also, boys with glasses! I really like when their glasses have that suspicious looking gleam, and it's amazing how it can look really cool or just be a joke. I really like how it can fulfill all those abstract needs. Being able to switch up the styles and colors of glasses based on your mood is a lot of fun too! It's actually so much fun! You have those half rim glasses, or the thick frame glasses, everything! It's like you're enjoying all these kinds of glasses at a buffet. We really need glasses to become a thing in Aitheria. Don't. You. Think. We. Really. Need. To. Officially. Give. Everyone. Glasses?
I expected someone to post this as soon as glasses was mentioned lol

Dex-chan lover
this chapter wholesomeness level is high

the businessman can see clearer,
the artisan talent got recognized,
and as always, nobu will get more regular visitors

Dex-chan lover
Finally. Some noodle it’s not typical in an Izakaya but it’s been most 80 chapter with 0 mention of Ramen.

Dex-chan lover
The sneaky fox strikes again !
Nobody remembers to ask about the ingredient!

I agree, his wife is beautiful.

Fubuki's glasses rant is legendary.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The way Londbault is overwhelmed by how beautiful the world is when he first wore those glasses may look like an exaggeration, but that was the exact reaction I had when I first wore my current pair of glasses as well.

I've had shortsightedness since I was a kid, but I stopped wearing my old glasses for a long time before wearing them again, and it turns out that my shortsightedness had worsened and everything that's 2 metres away and beyond was still blurry, so I had to get a new pair of lenses.

When I got the new lenses, I could finally see everything clearly, the leaves of the tree near the glasses shop, the posters hanging on the wall, the certificates plaqued on the shelves, etc. I became obsessed with tracing the lines of objects and just appreciating how beautiful the world is.

Anyways my story aside, great chapter as always. This series never fails to deliver :)
Same for me bro. Can't see shits 50 bloody centimeters away without glasses. I volunteered to serve in the army, they kicked me back because my eyes are too weak.
Seeing Londbard's reaction reminds me of the first time I got my glasses. The view with and without them were like heaven and earth.

Dex-chan lover
had my first hiyashi chuka this year and while i didn't think the restaurant did it justice but i like noodles and refreshingly sour dish

Users who are viewing this thread