Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Ch. 84 - Cassia (1)

Dex-chan lover
Even after acquiring the mirrors with the discount I still think he should've added 20% markup or something, that's still probably considerably lower than what it would have cost to transport them without cheats. Man's doing math with his 2nd brain instead of his actual brain lol.
Bruh. At 3500 nars buy, 10000 nars sell, that's a 286% markup. You're doing math with no brain, apparently.

EDIT: And I need to remember to not change from value to markup and not adjust values accordingly like a dumbass! Thank you Moxxmix; here's a copy of the relevant part of their post and my reply:

@Amariithynar said 10,000 on 3500 base was a 286% markup. That's not quite accurate. It's 286% of the base cost, but only a 186% markup. If you sold the 3500 nars mirror for 3500 nars, that would be 0% markup, not 100%.
Yup, I was originally writing that out as 286% value, but then swapped to markup and neglected to account for the 100% base cost in the actual numeral value after that change; thanks for pointing that mistake out!

I came to make a few comments, but most have already been said. One thing that hasn't been pointed out however is that 3,500 * 3 definitely doesn't equal 10,500. If he actually thinks this then something is actively wrong with his brain. 3,500 * 3 == 3,500 + 3,500 (or 10,000) + 3,500 = 13,500.
I would chalk this up to a typo, but I find it much more likely that he reduced the price by a "mere" 500 and not an "entire" 3,500.
I would suspect that someone was using a skill similar to his, but he literally used appraisal and they didn't have it. And even if they did have the skill, I vaguely recall that the skill only worked on the corresponding skill (calculating? Something like that...) which I don't remember him having...
... What. 3,500 * 3 = 10,500. Do you people just spout incorrect math confidently all the time, or...? 13,500 is 3,500 * 3.857142857142857.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
now that i check it again, this manga don't have any ntr tag in it :wtf: :qq::angery:
You know... this gives me an idea for a new series.
I Got Hit By Truck-kun And Sent To Another World After Fleeing My Lady-friend's House Because Her Husband Came Home Too Soon, But Even With Cheats I Still Can't Change My Way Of Life
This is how modern titles must be.

Dex-chan lover
I came to make a few comments, but most have already been said. One thing that hasn't been pointed out however is that 3,500 * 3 definitely doesn't equal 10,500. If he actually thinks this then something is actively wrong with his brain. 3,500 * 3 == 3,500 + 3,500 (or 10,000) + 3,500 = 13,500.
What does this joke reference?

Weird that the chapters are going to be named after the wife. Also, this dumbass didn't think the price beforehand?
Realistically, sure, but in terms of narrative flow it's better to have it in close proximity to the events where it matters. Michio has enough meandering inner thoughts as it is (though thankfully much reduced from the WN). Let him do the thoughts about the pricing when they're asking about the pricing. This isn't Spice and Wolf, where you might actually expect readers to track math and pricing over multiple chapters.

Like, people aren't even remembering that, while the original price Sherry got quoted was 3500 per mirror, she negotiated it down to 30,000 nars for 11 mirrors, or 2727 nars per mirror. Selling for 10,000 each is actually a 267% markup*.

* @Amariithynar said 10,000 on 3500 base was a 286% markup. That's not quite accurate. It's 286% of the base cost, but only a 186% markup. If you sold the 3500 nars mirror for 3500 nars, that would be 0% markup, not 100%.

Even after acquiring the mirrors with the discount I still think he should've added 20% markup or something, that's still probably considerably lower than what it would have cost to transport them without cheats. Man's doing math with his 2nd brain instead of his actual brain lol.

The trip to Palmasque was never entirely detailed, but we do know it was 5 silver from Zabir to Palmasque, 2 silver to reach Zabir, 2 silver to Dohona, 2 silver to Dobur, and probably a few more cities that weren't detailed in the story, since it was taking quite a while to get all the jump points registered. I would not be surprised if it was 15 silver each way.

So that puts the total effective cost of each mirror at around 6500 nars (35 silver + 15 silver + 15 silver), assuming you only have a single person making the trip, who can only hold one mirror. That means selling for 10,000 nars is only about a 50% markup, and that has to cover the time and effort involved.

However for Michio, he's not paying those costs. The mana regeneration potion that Adventurers would have to drink (and pay for) to make up for the cost of travel is dealt with by the mana drain effect of his sword, at no cost other than the time it takes to find a monster to kill. He's also traveling with three people, which would have increased the travel costs of a normal adventurer, but allows him to bring back multiple mirrors. And of course he's making the trip in one or two hops, instead of the half dozen with breaks that a normal person would need, so it's not costing him nearly as much in time, either.

Adding an extra 20% to the price (taking the mirrors from 10,000 to 12,000 nars) would be a huge benefit for normal traders, since 10,000 is barely breaking even considering the time invested. For Michio, though, it's a nice, but not necessary, bonus. Michio's profits (7273 nars) are already twice that which a normal trader would be getting (3500 nars), not even counting the time spent.

So from Michio's perspective, raising the price further is a fairly small monetary gain, whereas the goodwill from the Duke (and probably more especially, Cassia) is worth a lot more. If they continue to deal with him, giving him opportunities like these mirrors, or the amber (which is itself another massive source of profit for him), he'll gain vastly more than the few piddly silvers raising the price would be worth.

Especially the chance for future elf waifu, even if he doesn't know it yet.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh. At 3500 nars buy, 10000 nars sell, that's a 286% markup. You're doing math with no brain, apparently.

... What. 3,500 * 3 = 10,500. Do you people just spout incorrect math confidently all the time, or...? 13,500 is 3,500 * 3.857142857142857.
Yeah, I know. I would blame it on being drunk or high... But I don't drink or consume drugs, so I have no excuse....
I'm just an idiot.

Dex-chan lover
God damn, are you serious? That's some damning shit if true.
When unusual circumstances resulted in this pampered daughter of nobility becoming Michio's slave (and, I might add, neither Michio nor Rutina really had any choice in the matter), she was resentful and haughty... until Roxanne and Sherry had a little "chat" with her while Michio was away running errands. It's not clear what happened, and there wasn't a mark on her body, but she was a lot more compliant afterward.

Dex-chan lover
that is the only one i think the author had done dirty/dropped the ball, because all others accepted Michio over time because of how he was and what he did, but with Rutina she was mind broken (possibly with violence) by Roxanne in order to like the MC and i honestly hated when i got to know that about her
TBF Rutina didn't have the best personality before she was placed under Michio's care, and it only got worst after her family fell. Not saying that the implied methods used to make compliant were gentle, but there was a lot of entitlement and bigotry to get thrue before accepted she was nothing more then a commoner and crime slave or least crime slave adjacent.

As a side note, does anyone remember if her family was executed or just enslaved for their failure to manage their territory and dereliction of their duty to manage the dungeons there in?

Dex-chan lover
When unusual circumstances resulted in this pampered daughter of nobility becoming Michio's slave (and, I might add, neither Michio nor Rutina really had any choice in the matter), she was resentful and haughty... until Roxanne and Sherry had a little "chat" with her while Michio was away running errands. It's not clear what happened, and there wasn't a mark on her body, but she was a lot more compliant afterward.

you don't change a person that fast without breaking her apart first, also, healing potions exists, and so does sexual violence, so yeah, i hated that instead of letting her adapt with time they just broke her

Dex-chan lover
TBF Rutina didn't have the best personality before she was placed under Michio's care, and it only got worst after her family fell. Not saying that the implied methods used to make compliant were gentle, but there was a lot of entitlement and bigotry to get thrue before accepted she was nothing more then a commoner and crime slave or least crime slave adjacent.

As a side note, does anyone remember if her family was executed or just enslaved for their failure to manage their territory and dereliction of their duty to manage the dungeons there in?

even if she didn't have the best personality, they could have handled that way better than that, perhaps have her learn how important Michio was and how better she was with him with time, after all even other slave girls had their qualms initially with the MC, but no, they mind broke her, and worse, behind the MC's back, he didn't even had a say in the matter and the girls never got punished by making Rutina emotionally scarred for life

Dex-chan lover

even if she didn't have the best personality, they could have handled that way better than that, perhaps have her learn how important Michio was and how better she was with him with time, after all even other slave girls had their qualms initially with the MC, but no, they mind broke her, and worse, behind the MC's back, he didn't even had a say in the matter and the girls never got punished by making Rutina emotionally scarred for life
Not even going to say your wrong. All I'll say is that they have an entirely different culture then mine or yours. I know its hard to separate out our own modern morals while reading fiction, but then again we also have trouble reconciling our modern cultural differences here on earth as well, so I'm not all that surprised that you are uncomfortable with some aspects of another culture.

Dex-chan lover
This chapter got me sweating bullets! I was worried for a second his sex fiend skill would activate in the middle of the negotiation.

Anyone knows how long will it be until we get a new member to the harem and what is their skill or contribution will be?

Dex-chan lover
@Amariithynar said 10,000 on 3500 base was a 286% markup. That's not quite accurate. It's 286% of the base cost, but only a 186% markup. If you sold the 3500 nars mirror for 3500 nars, that would be 0% markup, not 100%.
Yup, I was originally writing that out as 286% value, but then swapped to markup and neglected to account for the 100% base cost in the actual numeral value after that change; thanks for pointing that mistake out!

Dex-chan lover
This chapter got me sweating bullets! I was worried for a second his sex fiend skill would activate in the middle of the negotiation.

Anyone knows how long will it be until we get a new member to the harem and what is their skill or contribution will be?
Shouldn't take hold unless he has the gigolo class active. Even then, I could only assume holding back here would be great fuel for the next abstinence attack if he did have it equipped.

Dex-chan lover

Hopefully be soon. As for who it is it either going to be
Cat Girl Thief or Dragon Girl Tank.

Dex-chan lover
Because it doesn't need it. He lusts after Cassia, no question, but at least in the WN and I know of no reason it'd change the LN, he never gets the chance for her. What he gets is actually better from a story perspective.

No.

Thanks for the chapter.
you know, I thojght it would be so much better if there was a war or coup and the duke lost and Cassia was forced to be a slave.

you don't change a person that fast without breaking her apart first, also, healing potions exists, and so does sexual violence, so yeah, i hated that instead of letting her adapt with time they just broke her
It's pretty trope-y, but this story is nothing if not trope-y. In this case: The cute and sweet girl who can be utterly terrifying when she has reason to be, though almost always only in the context of interpersonal relationships. For example, Emma from "TSUKIMICHI - Moonlit Fantasy -".

This was just Roxanne putting the Fear of God Roxanne into Rutila, not mindbreak. It builds on Roxanne's adoption of the dominant position within the slave hierarchy, which started when Michio referred to her as such when buying Sherry. There's some aspect of that hierarchy that is never explained, and that Michio never tries to understand, but which is incredibly important to Roxanne.

Plus, for all the lewdness of the series, Michio never goes the direction of actual harm to any of the girls, and it would be very out of character for the series to lean into that, even if just for a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread