Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra: Hametsu no Bunmei de Hajimeru Sekai Seifuku - Vol. 2 Ch. 8.2

Dex-chan lover
soooo she just told him she would kill his family for no reason whatsoever?

@Kampfarsch just wants him to wallow in despair at the thought of a tragedy that's completely his own fault before he dies. I guess it's what he deserves, an unpeaceful death.

Dex-chan lover
I hope Atou's face will be fixed, that dumbo knight decisions made her face scarred 😔

Dex-chan lover
@Osarumon
Its really funny how all of you think he deserves to burn in hell for doing nothing wrong like holy shit calm down
He was just trying to do his duty
His partner was an extremely untrustworthy guy thats been acting shady the entire time with all kinds of nasty rumors about him floating around
Now this guy tells him to abandon the mission go back and lie looking like he just doesnt want to do his job
Would you have taken him seriously and left? fuck no you wouldnt have

The fault is on the older holy knight for acting like a piece of shit and withholding critical information
If he hadnt been acting like some shady cunt that lied his way up the ranks and told him about the witches the kid probably wouldnt have objected his plan to retreat for now

@Kampfarsch
I won't say Lornias deserves hell, however, he is at fault for getting everyone killed.
Also, the mission was to investigate, not to engage shady hooded figures in battle. He went head first into danger without knowing what the hell he was fighting.
The older knight was obligated to withhold the information you are speaking of, it ain't his fault there.
Dunno about Atou doing what she did there with Lornias.

@Kampfarsch Because its one of those stories where you root for the evil aligned side. Its fiction mate like holy shit calm down.

Dex-chan lover
@Acidroach the people saying he deserves to suffer clearly arent rooting for the bad guys though? or they wouldnt be upset about him fucking up???

MC isnt even bad and its honestly kind of annoying how he flip flops between "i wanna dominate the world" and "please dont hit me im a pacifist"
This would be so much more interesting if MC was evil and just fucked shit up but hes just a neutral good slice of white bread
No personality whatsoever
Only hint of actual characterization we've ever gotten out of him was when he couldnt really talk to people cause he spend so much time alone in the hospital but that just resolved itself off screen between chapters

It's funny calling the nation rulers as amateurs when the mc doesn't seem very capable either.

I absolutely love this manga
wish the chapters were longer

@Kampfarsch She told him that because that guy deserved some suffering. It takes a real idiot to screw up a reconnaissance mission when the enemy/observation target personally comes out of hiding, confirms everything you need to know, and permits/requests you go back to your home base, something your employer has also tasked/required you to do, as a reconnaissance team that doesn't return is better off dead. He made her kill them despite the fact she didn't want to. I would even say he is responsible for their deaths far more than she is.

Despite their targets generosity, his utter stupidity got them killed. Someone who killed that many people bc his brain is just that fucked up deserves to suffer a little. His wife/kids ofc do not deserve to suffer. Living with him was more than enough of a punishment

That said... I completely agree that this would be more interesting if the author knew what he wanted the MC to be, as he is certainly nothing right now.

Double-page supporter
@Kampfarsch If you do play 4k games you will fully understand how big of a massive fuck up they did. In the grand scheme of things the lives of 1 or 2 soldiers do not matter, the information they are scouting for worth so much more than their own lives. And you never let a scouting party engage in combat unless its self defense. Its a scouting party after all, its usually customized to be speedy and stealthy, and most of the time not prepared to deal with a "hero" unit.

So what did that newbie get for trying to "administer justice"? He lost all information that the party was supposed to be gathering, killed off his whole team, soured relations with a random 3rd party that had no hands in their current conflict, and possibly created new allies for the "witch" they were supposed to be hunting in the first place. It's nothing but fuck ups piled on fuck ups piled on fuck ups.

@monoreposo The MC is a bit lost right now, i do agree, though its somewhat more understandable if you think that he is a roleplaying. For his decision to create an alliance, its honestly not a bad decision. You are surrounded by late-game countries that will possibly start an attack on you at any moment, you really want to get an alliance going with factions of similar ideals so that you can at least get your country off the ground first before engaging in combat

Dex-chan lover
One of my favorite scenes in the books so far.

@monoreposo
And as far as MC not having a clear motivation

It’s not soon but it’s coming, for now though MC treats this world as a extension of the game. After making contact with a neighboring neutral country, Mynoghra will come to blows with a yet to be introduced antagonist. Something...tragic happens (like, actually horrific that I would have to write an entire summary of the story to explain, hint: We go full meguca learning how witches are made.) and we’re given the main overarching conflict of the story as well as Takuto’s motivation for world conquest.

Dex-chan lover
@Lunaion The MC dude fancies himself the best because he was the best player of the game. I suppose he's now, a bit by bit, realising that his game experience is only worth so much. But at least it's far from worthless since elements of the game do exist.

@Kampfarsch Did you miss the page where they explained even his superiors themselves viewed Lornias as useless and expected him to fail? Only they thought Verdel would actually be able to save him and the mission regardless of Lornias's incompetence. In other words, Lornias was even worse than his commanders expected, even though they already expected so bad performance that it was a good political move to send the dude to unwittingly sabotage a political rival. It's pretty funny you are looking up to him.

It seemed to me Atou telling the soon-to-die knight all those things was just venting her frustration. It was quite meaningless.

Users who are viewing this thread