Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra: Hametsu no Bunmei de Hajimeru Sekai Seifuku

Dex-chan lover
@Cero90 @Otaku_Gandulf go search for fantasy without isekai and see how poor the result gets. Besides trash and slice of life genre there almost nothing interesting.
Goblin slayer, Dungeon meshi, maybe Kuitsume Youhei, and some others, but that's it. I can't be picky when most of the modern fantasy genre consists of isekai.
I will state it once again, the isekai element is often unnecessary. Look at this story, for example, the author spent one precious chapter on introducing the MC and describing how pathetic he was in his previous life. Does it add anything to the story? Nope. The MC is a redundant component. What's really important is that the story is based on the game. Imagine the girl as the main character. Her whole life she was manipulated by some gamer like a puppet, but now she awoke in an unknown place and absolutely free to do what she wants. She can become a very promising MC. Of course, it's just based on the start. The author can justify the male MC's presence in the future, but it's unlikely.

Fed-Kun's army
Interesting start, however, I hate the MCs design. He looks like a god damned tiny gremlin, half fused into a japanese elementary school student.

Supporter
This has potential, will see how it progresses. Hope updates become regular.

The last chapter actually move this from In line of Average into potential reading.
Very good

@Solipsist
I mean, Atou knows him even though she was part of the game, the only way I can think of were this premise could make sense without the game part is him being an incarnation in that world before being Ira Rakiti, but even then, it had to be a game because getting first on the rankings using Atou is what got him into that world.

Dex-chan lover
@Mizumachi
Welp.
First of all, the elf-side kick doesn't need to be there because of a game. You can justify her existence, by saying she's the temple-tender of the evil god. Done.
Secondly, the MC could've become the evil-god via any form of arbitrary reason, it just so happens the author chose: "The MC won in a video game, so he became an evil god" (lolwhatwtf).
My favorite type of kick-offs to these sort of plots, is to reveal that the MC was never human, and was a god all along. He just returned to his normal state, albeit with fucked up memories.

So, yeah. There is no legit reason why everything about this sort of a plot, has to be about a gamified world, with game mechanics and "NPCs" and "Quests", other than that it makes it easier for the author to write the story. It's just too bad, since if that's the case, the author is a lot less likely to pull through.

@Solipsist
I mean, I rather go with your idea, however, it isn't our story, I guess. I rather have a real world than a game world, I don't know, it makes it feel more genuine, that said, I like the elf girl, so she is fine being there.
You can read Yasei no Last Boss(the female mc is a winged person that is technically a God(in terms of power and presence)) if you want a character that was always the incarnation that we follow and was not originally human, it starts off as a "game world", but that is later subverted into a real world and the game being based on that reality, there is also
gender bender that is subverted later on, meaning that the MC's gender is actually that of a
Female.

Not sure if you will like my recommendation though.

Dex-chan lover
@Mizumachi
Believe me mate, there are very few isekai mangos that I am not already familiar with. I went deep in that trash genre. I am both insulted, yet delighted, that you assumed I dunno about that manga. :v
(Although that particular story is a cut above the rest, for the sole reason that it hasn't gone to shit after 10 chapters, which is a very bizarre benchmark to have as a reader, tbh...)

@Solipsist
Sorry I guess XD
You can try Elqueeness(webtoon) or however it was written lel.
It is about someone who was mistakenly born as a human and when he does, the mistake gets fixed I guess, that is the beginning without saying much.
I might have spoiled Yasei no Last Boss, sorry about that.

For your information currently MC
is not in the game world but in another different real world. The MC and atou transferred to this world with the game simulation system (mynoghra civilization) . Later, there will be some characters from (maou army and they are npc not a player) rpg game that come to this world and try to attack his country. Moreover every other games that come to this world will be tied by their own system for example in rpg games the boss of the games (maou four heavenly kings) cannot flee from the fight so in this world they cannot abandon any fight that they started and had to fight until one of them died. Different types of games genres will come to this world including one from eroge. Heck, there is even typical transported isekai hero in this world.

Gosh, this is good, hope to have more chapter soon, raw are up to chapter 4.2 right now :eek:

Fed-Kun's army
Does anyone know where I can find the novel to read please? I'm really loving this but can't find it 😢

@vodkavodka There's plenty of good fantasy stories on this website which aren't isekai. Sousou no Frieren, Witch Hat Atelier, Ancient Magus Bride, Ragna Crimson, Retired Heroes, Sengoku Youko, Holy Grail of Eris, Trump (go read this on webtoons, not enough people read it) to name a few.

I do agree with you that there are many elements that are completely unnecessary—the reliance on isekai and reincarnation as a hook to reel in viewers is very overdone, but there are still many great stories that aren't isekai (and even a few good isekai too). Although this is an alright start, it's by no means unique. I did find it disappointing that after presenting a challenge for the MC, they immediately presented the solution of "becoming shut-ins". Will have to see how it progresses I suppose.

Edited out an alternate history title which could be argued to not be fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread