Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku- - Ch. 105 - Jack Of All Trades

Dex-chan lover
Woooh! No wonder they’re brothers. They're all so generically the same that they couldn’t be anything other than human fighters.

It would be embarrassing if say, they aren’t all brothers and are just super generic PC characters with all the same attributes and no distinguishable features.

Of course that would never happen in a DnD based story.

Fed-Kun's army
I think they are more like Barbarians, but the author went for Fighters, because they didn't want to get sued, as the party's name would've been HBO.

Dex-chan lover
He's not a Man Chicken but a Chicken Man?!
NOOOOOOOOOOO MY DREAMS! ;~;

I'm kinda sold. Not always the most efficient party, but if the fighters spread out their subclasses they can probably get the job done. Something like a Cavelier tank, Battle master ranged, and Eldritch knight for utility. And all three of them can action surge and bash shit in for huge momentum.
This is prior to the editions that gave subclasses as a standard. This is just base Fighter.

Dex-chan lover
Yes, big difference between Man Chicken and Chicken Man.

The most basic party. Well, for low level quests, it can work. It's at higher levels they tend to fall off.

The all-purpose class is the Bard.

The, "When all you have is a hammer," approach to problem solving. But then comes a sturdy metal safe you need to lockpick. Or an owlbear you need to calm. Or fly farther than your jump distance. Which, by the way, is based on strength, not the class.

Well, now they have meat shields.

That's funny, cause Parker got called out for naming himself Spider-Man by an actual spider.
That's the general fault I find in many fantasy cross breeds. People insist that certain traits absolutely have to be inherited, almost always from the non-human side.

and one group where everyone wanted to be rogues. Both were too fragile and wiped so of the mono-class options, fighters seems the most viable.
Critical Role had a one-shot where all characters were rogues. Several of them were multiclass, though. It works; you just have to adjust the campaign for them, and in that case, it was basically a heist.

Dex-chan lover
Our MC is so distracted by the Man-Chicken that the only thing to get his attention is another bizarre thing like the HFO.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, I haven't even played enough DnD but I know this architype from the memes. I also hear it is the boring choice for most people. Funny to see a party of them. Self proclaimed best class would only party with others like it.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not entirely sure who is being made fun of
Human fighters is pretty much the most generic choice you can make when playing d&d. And usually in a party you want to have a variety of races and classes both for RP and fights.
It's actually a meme you often see. How there are so many races and classes combinaisons but human fighter (or human paladin) are almost always in the party. For the classic Aragorn saves the day power fantasy.

Dex-chan lover
Human fighters is pretty much the most generic choice you can make when playing d&d. And usually in a party you want to have a variety of races both for RP and fights.
It's not generic, but "default", as in most people go with human because they aren't already engaged with fantasy media and are dipping their toe in, and fighter because it's generally capable without needing to think too much- you run at enemies and hit them, great for someone who, again, is just dipping their toes in. Now, that said, wanting everyone to be a unicorn ain't a good thing; either you go into orange and blue morality territory, where it's hard to keep motivations to move forward together something stable, or you end up with a bunch of people who are all the same internally so their differences are literally only skin deep- none of the culture, the concept, the worldbuilding, just the skin and the mechanics.

Users who are viewing this thread