Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku- - Ch. 84 - <Smite Evil>!

Dex-chan lover
clever-girl-jurassic-park-t-shirt.jpg

(Should have done it sooner though.)

Dex-chan lover
It's just so satisfying to see some growth and cleverness in one of these stories.
Attagirl. Nice development.
She still followed him away from everyone else and didn't warn/signal mc or anyone. She is now alone with a bad guy of unknown strength. And who knows how many of his allies are around.

Dex-chan lover
She still followed him away from everyone else and didn't warn/signal mc or anyone. She is now alone with a bad guy of unknown strength. And who knows how many of his allies are around.
I'm sure the author will have her allies find her using some clever trick that MC came up with before they separated. Probably after a drawn out struggle. They'll show up in the nick of time. We'll probably see this sometime in July.

Dex-chan lover
Cool, so why follow him so far? Like get away from people and just smite evil him, i guess this is a good spot because you have the HIGH GROUND, but who's to say that he wasn't going to just stab her at some point or not lead her down the stairs.

Dex-chan lover
Cool, so why follow him so far? Like get away from people and just smite evil him, i guess this is a good spot because you have the HIGH GROUND, but who's to say that he wasn't going to just stab her at some point or not lead her down the stairs.
Yeah. While I did look down upon this series just a little bit, it's not by much. She's taking a totally unneeded risk by following him so far. Even if she wanted to uncovered some enemy base, there was no need to enter it before striking. She could already be surrounded at this point, without even knowing it.

Dex-chan lover
Absolutly right, but then again one of her allies is missing. If she attacked him outright or somewhere outside, he might have just run away and they would have lost their only trace to her. Now if she would be absolutly sure MC would come following her the moment she went with the imposter, it would be fine. That's the only (but major) fault I see here, for the reasons you stated.
But goating him into leading her into his hideout, finding her missing new companion and running away, if things get bad, doesn't seem too bad. It will go bad though, when the imposter (and his still possibly existing allies) threaten to kill or manhandle the halfling girl. As a good aligned paladin at heart, that's a good way to extort her into surrendering and running nowhere.
And this is where I started to ask to myself, "Huh? No way! She can't possible be that smart, educated or wise in this matters, can she?" She attacked that guy, before she found herself in such a situation. They already arived at a building. In case he lead her to the wrong place, her spoiling it now by attacking wouldn't change a thing about finding the girl anyway. But she doesn't have to face a possible hostage stituation outright and there is a good chance she acctually evaded it. If his allies come running, they most likely will do it without the hostage. And even in case someone stays by the hostage, they won't do anything to her, until they know what happened. Also the imposter was below her on the stairs and off guard, therefore had a good opportunity to attack. And if she has to run because he proves to be too much of a challenge, there is a good chance, she gets away, before he can catch up on her train of thought and start threatening to do things to the bard girl. (Of course, and that's the downside to it, then there also isn't someone there to stop him from doing so, to get back at paladin girl.)

That stupid and stupidly naive Paladin girl can't have figured all of that out on her own, can she. That would be acctual prove, that she is indeed not rotten in the brains.

Dex-chan lover
he wasn't going to just stab her at some point or not lead her down the stairs.
She could already be surrounded at this point, without even knowing it.
Okay, fair points. Maybe she was always on her guard or something and took a glance around, so nobody sneaks up behind her and she simply risked to wait out until a fine opportunity arrived. I'm just glad she didn't wait until they arrived at the hostage.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, fair points. Maybe she was always on her guard or something and took a glance around, so nobody sneaks up behind her and she simply risked to wait out until a fine opportunity arrived. I'm just glad she didn't wait until they arrived at the hostage.
There's a sort of fine line between gathering information and taking great risks. I'd say once they arrived at that mansion was the point of striking out, immediately. It's possible it wasn't the correct place, just some random place where the fake palading was going to suddenly attack her, but on the other hand, since everything seemed to be going so well from the fake paladin's pov, chances are it's the correct place. After all, choosing a random place would be a risk for the assassin as well. There could already be someone there, which might ruin his plans. His plans probably are more than just simple killing.

At the end of the day, it will do no good for the MC's group if they lose two people, not just one, so that's the unnecessary risk. On the other hand, considering their situation, they can't help but accept some risks (the MC's 1 HP life is nothing but one big risk), so I guess following the assassin, while letting the dude feel secure, was a risk worth taking up to a certain point. I might have judged the story a bit too harshly previously.

Right now she has the higher ground and they're in a corridor, rather than a room with multiple exits that is an open battlefield. So there's worse spots to fight.

Users who are viewing this thread