Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku- - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - In the Fortress City

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath I doubt its the dnd spell, considering the spell he used can only be used as a counter to arrows fired at himself (according to description), and requires a laughing rock to invoke (a mystical legendary magical artifact?).

@feha
If just the lvl 1 skill needed a mystical-legendary rank to be casted, then I bet alpha/beta rank will appear on the lvl 2 skill
Sarcasm 100

Dex-chan lover
@feha again like i said they translated it wrong most likely. if it was a counter to arrows then it wouldn't have gone off... due to the fact that no projectile was thrown at him or launched at him. Magic Missile meanwhile is an arrow of force that never misses its target. typically deals 1d4+1 damage per spell level of the casting.... screw it ill just post the info below in a spoiler.

Magic Missile
1 Evocation

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 120 feet
Components: V S
Duration: Instantaneous
Classes: Sorcerer, Wizard
You create three glowing darts of magical force. Each dart hits a creature of your choice that you can see within range. A dart deals 1d4 + 1 force damage to its target. The darts all strike simultaneously, and you can direct them to hit one creature or several.

At Higher Levels: When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd Level or higher, the spell creates one more dart for each slot level above 1st.

Plus as seen on his char sheet in chapter 2 its called magic missile. there is no spell called magic bolt on his spell list currently.

Dex-chan lover
@wilddeath the translation might be shitty, but I doubt it is that shitty. Possible yes, but considering that he also waited with using the spell until actually targeted by an arrow (as would have been needed if it really is a counter to arrows) (page 6 panel 1) it lends a weak credence to the translation that is nonetheless stronger than the possibility of that bad of a translation.

Dex-chan lover
@feha either they screwed up the translation of the spell or they screwed up the translation of the character sheet. it's conflicting information. Both can't be right.

Trigger factor: small laughing rock 😂
Also on the very first page, is the evil god referring to Nephilia? If so why is Nephilia referred to as a 'he'?

Dex-chan lover
@feha @wilddeath

I looked up the raw, and the spell is actually written as "Magic Bolt" (both in this chapter and on his character sheet in chapter 2), but as some people were suspecting, the description is mistranslated. Instead of "Counter the arrow towards the target", it should be more like "Flies/Unleashes towards the target's location".

The raw page in question for this chapter:
https://i.imgur.com/6sX64CS.jpg

As a side note, the "スッ" sound effect on page 10 is also mistranslated. Instead of "take", it should just be used to indicate movement (in this case, the MC raising his hands to pray for taking the goblin's life).

In japanese "he" and "she" are the same. It was the translators mistake not realising that Nephilia is (or appears to be) female.

I cast Magic Missile!

... aside from some minor tweaks, this is almost a bad translation of the early versions of D&Ds magic missile. Glowing dart of magical force, first level wizard spell, automatically hits.

Contributor
The “small laughing rock” is 尖った小石 which is something like “sharp pebble”?

Double-page supporter
How has this dude that supposedly loves RPG's never touched one with tabletop inspired rulesets?
Kind of ironic how this guy that fucking loves gaming gets isekaid into a D&D-like world only to be wholly unfamiliar with all of its concepts.

9Km3SE7.png

Nooo. The iconic magic missle is nerfed so much wtf. Why you use Char sheet of 5 but use the magic missle of 3.5 ? Ah yeah, I forgot author uses the spells from 3.5. Me sad

Dex-chan lover
On page 9, about magic bolt information panel, what does Small Laughing Rock means? I dont get it how it triggers magic bolt. And what is small laughing rock in the first place?
Its a vocal spell. So you can use items that replicate your voice to cast the spell instead of the vocal requirement.

Dex-chan lover
How has this dude that supposedly loves RPG's never touched one with tabletop inspired rulesets?
Kind of ironic how this guy that fucking loves gaming gets isekaid into a D&D-like world only to be wholly unfamiliar with all of its concepts.

9Km3SE7.png
There are no D&D style japanese games. In fact most of them are PC games to begin with, and in japan PC gaming is not widespread.

In fact, i would bet that most rpg players have bot touched one D&D style rpg... or even something based on ultima.

Users who are viewing this thread