Isekai Munchkin -HP 1 no Mama de Saikyou Saisoku Danjon Kouryaku- - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - The Northeast Village's Request

@trexfulan in D&D you roll dice to determine de damage of different attacks, spells etc, in this case the "1D8" means that you roll an 8 sided die to determine the damage.

Dex-chan lover
So Endless Journey dropped a couple Japanese series and picked up a couple Chinese ones. Sounds like they're short on translators.

Dex-chan lover
Just cut some yews, string them into longbows and high alch them 4head

Dex-chan lover
@Sickbeatz Naw mate if I were a puta I would be nationalizing the Rev Caves while RoT screams from their cuck cage in the single combat cave entrance

What's up with scans dropping a lot of mangas? Pleass continue this. Drop another one. Unique isekais are rare and the eternal 1 HP is a nice idea! Please continue it

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to address some things about dropping this series in particular

@Ironclad : This was actually not necessarily a problem about translators. I pr'd one of these chapters and I found it incredibly difficult. Something that the team was originally aware of when we picked up this series was the reliance on DnD knowledge and terminology. Even after I had pr'd there were several mistakes that were DnD related, the team poured a lot of time and group effort in trying to ensure that everything was right. Our team doesn't actually have people who play DnD so producing these chapters was incredibly difficult.

@CriszaledexAlterB and @Owyn : I can completely understand where you are coming from, it always sucks when someone drops a series you like, I've experienced it too. Unfortunately, due to the sheer effort that this series takes our team compared to other works, we were left exhausted and ultimately made the decision to drop it. The team really enjoys working on our current other works and it wouldn't make sense to drop one of those when we can not continue to muster energy to produce this one.

I really enjoyed this series and found it unique. It has a weak mc that is in no way overpowered, I liked the art, and I liked the world it built. This is a series that I would enjoy to read, but would not be able to proofread for, it is simply out of my knowledge range. The same goes for the rest of the team. The people who choose to work on it need to know DnD. I hope than another group picks this up, when that happens I will happily support them.

Dex-chan lover
@BCubed
so this is not about redrawing? cuz readers don't care about redrawing at all ultimately...

I'm also not one of those d&d guys and instead of `1d8 dmg` I'd've preferred `1-8 dmg` text, there were a few of d&d fans in comments, it's a shame they wouldn't volunteer to help with that stuff...

@Owyn Unfortunately it wasn’t a redrawing problem, although I assume these redraws weren’t easy.

I totally understand why we didn’t have volunteers for the stuff, after all it’d be a time commitment to be involved in producing the series. Most people just want to read, and that’s okay.

Well it's true that DnD has many things that can be confusing when you don't play, too bad I guess, it's rare for manga to actually plunge into roleplaying-game.

Dex-chan lover
Sad that this is being dropped, but thanks for translating this until now! Hopefully someone else picks it up since it's actually much better than most of the trash isekai out there.

Dex-chan lover
@aigomorla This looks like old-school D&D most of the time, so he will only get increased hp when he gains a higher level than he had before. So level 1 wizard (1 hp out of 1-4) then level 1 thief (would have given him 1-6 hitpoints, but since he has already gotten some "level 1 hp" he'll have to wait until he hits level 2 with a class).

As for the "can't gain hp" on his deity page, I'm pretty sure that means "her clerics can't use healing magic, nor bring people back to life". It was a common thing in old D&D that the curative spells like "heal" and "raise dead" had reverse functions (like "harm" and "slay living") and good clerics could only use the healing functions, evil clerics only the reverse (harmful) functions and neutral clerics could pick what they wanted.

Trivia:
(Later on the options would fall back more upon what the god actually stood for, so an evil god of torment might only be able grant healing spells to their clerics, to prolong the suffering "not even death will save you", while a good god of death might not be able to heal, only slay "bring them to me and the blissful sleep eternal")

dont need to worry you can survived by get temp hp

and also I'm feel same way as that guy hp potions are overprice xD

Users who are viewing this thread