Isekai ni Tobasareta Ossan wa Doko e Iku?

@bladestorm91 ratings on this site are largely meaningless and often reactionary(or telling of more...troubling trends). kodomo no jikan, the standard bearer for pedophilia in mainstream anime, has an 8.47 rating on mangadex. meanwhile, Kanoboku, a really heartfelt, down to earth story about a trans girl in a japanese school, or I Was Born The Wrong Sex!, a legitimately hilarious, amazingly well drawn autobiographical tale about one person's transition process in detail, both are review bombed down to the mid-7's because "trans people icky!!!". The actual quality of the work is irrelevant in many cases.

With this series, it's exceedingly mediocre, but there's wayyyyyy worse isekai that have way higher ratings because manga readers want the hardcore power fantasy/slavery. I mean, Shield Hero(lol incel hero) has an 8.25 rating, and that's one of the worst series I've ever read in any genre.

Lmao slaves, the only reason they are in isekai stories is because Japanese abandonment mentality and fan service.

@captaininvictus while I agree with you that the point system is flawed, and that in no way, shape or form shield hero deserves its rating, or some mangas that gets review bombed by incels that can't read anything that contains NTR, trans, etc.
This manga 100% deserves its score, as it is flawed beyond belief. While there probably are worse mangas out there, this for sure is around some of the worse that I have ever read, even more so, because it takes itself so seriously. It is the score of other isekais that is wrong, not this one.

I really wanted to like this manga but it's just way too subpar and jumps around way too much making it troublesome to follow at times. I wonder if the novel is any better. If you like isekai manga then you might enjoy this one... for a time. I liked it in the beginning but as I progressed through the chapters... it really felt like I was forcing myself to keep reading. I couldn't get past more than 15 chapters before calling it quits. I suggest skipping this one unless you have pretty much nothing else to read.

I really liked it in the beginning, but by chapter 18, I had had enough. The main MC’s mental state is really poor, and cannot make sound judgment. In so many instances, he just watches as atrocities occur e.g. child slave labour via the poor church and orphanage acceptable because the asshole owner had legal rights. Instead of blowing a gasket and straight up showing those lying and greedy merchants he becomes persuaded by them as if he owes them.

This dude in multiple times been told be he goddess to live as he pleases, and yet, is scared of even the lowliest ranked individuals.

Really dislike the main character - 4/10. It was at least a 7.5/10 on the beginning, but I now understand why the rating is so poor.

Dex-chan lover
they story is quite poor; character development happens at a mediocre pace, there are bad guys galore. Like jesus this is the ye olden city of Akame ga Kill isn't it but with half-assed pay off.

Even when difficult situations are taken care of it's dealt in such a way that it feels so fucking lame!

I'm actually also tempted to stop reading it.. but since it's still bearable to read then ok. I'll continue 😂 I find myself getting annoyed at the mc and people around so idk lol

Dex-chan lover
@clonetek
Something about "to step outside of the scope of the nobles", but honestly, it's obviously just there to generate plot.
There's nothing easier than to write a story, in which there's opposition to push against. That's why these Chinese stories, that are updated 2-3 times per day, have people senselessly antagonize the MC just for taking a piss in a public toilet.

This series had a good start, then it fell off a cliff, and not one that hangs, but one that goes straight down to a septic tank.

The author really has no idea what he wants to make his MC, so he's constantly changing him.
The art at first is tolerable, then it gets really annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread