Isekai Tensei ni Kansha o

I'd really like it if this story didn't turn into an anthology-like sequence of mini-stories with the only thing they have in common is the mc entering and exiting characters' lives like some sort of Buddha, subtly teaching them how to live life. Seriously, that is not a kind of story I can feel invested in.

Niceau, very Niceau Nani? Scans! This is a pretty slow but enjoyable read, I like it a lot. Thanks for the TL!

Dex-chan lover
What is the deal with this manga's pacing? It only has like a dozen pages per chapter but it's using them like it's some monthly serialization with five times as many pages, you know what I mean?

Dex-chan lover
Several chapters in one go - my thanks to the translation group.

I like when a story makes an effort to establish characters and setting but its about time something actually happens.

Group Leader
Awesome, multi-release. Thanks for picking this up. I'm liking how this series showcases each character individually and their backstories.

6 bucks per chapter? Where do you guys get your raws, if you don't mind me asking?

@rafdian
Not sure if it is too slow or we are too used to the fast pacing of others.
I actually like the pacing, but backstory exposition is taxing. There is just too much going on that won't matter later.

The pacing is too slow. It's not bad or anything is just poor storytelling. We're getting everyone's backstory right up front instead of as it becomes relevant to the story. Unless the whole manga is just basically a couple chapters of story for every random person in the town, they really need pick up the pace, just get the main story rolling if there is one before going through everyone first.

I will really like if this becomes stories of various people that flow around the life of the MC. Sometime they fight together, but for the majority of time simply they live their lifes, will be something really fresh and nice.

Group Leader
@rafdian a slow pacing is nice, we've got so many mangas/manhuas/whatever outside which pace's so fast you blink and boom something happened again, reading something characters are actually really developed and where we really put the emphasis on caring about them really makes me feels like it's a good one.

@MarceloYuri I disagree that it "won't matter later" since plenty of times, we've asked somewhere else "why is he/she/it is so strong ? wtf !" and now that we have a manga bringing answers, backgrounds and lore, we should savor it :) Yes, it won't matter much later, the power they talk about is already acquired in the present. But it does matter if you want to understand the characters, their personality, their power, etc. They're not some random character vaguely introduced to fit the plot, the author actually builds something so that we can care about them with more than just looks.

That's how I see it ?

Double-page supporter
wish I could upvote or like comments here. @Shyning I completely agree, A slower pace can make for a much more enjoyable manga~

Group Leader
I rather do enjoy the relaxing pace of it.
What I don't enjoy so much is how, so far, it's only been flashback after flashback.
Think it might have been more pleasant had the flashbacks come up only after they've establishes some kind of meaningful relationship with the MC.
Oh well, guess the author is taking the let's-get-these-out-of-the-way-first approach.

@Shyning
Character development and excessive backstory exposition are two different things. I love lore, I am addicted to mythology and the likes, but I know what excessive exposition is when I see it.
Also, world building and character development are separated things, the autor is trying to mix them together and, to be honest, I like the MC, I like the world so far, but I don't need backstory on every NPC that shows up. Even One Piece knows that you shouldn't just throw every character backstory at the same time. They need an arc, development, some interaction and I know that real life ain't gonna follow a recipe and sometimes you just happen to meet people too fast, but, that priest girl, she just popped up and had some flashbacks, traded a few lines and she is out. She will probably be back, but why not explore more her time now?
MC, ok.
World, ok.
NPCs, fine so far.
flashback, Naruto's anime level.

Users who are viewing this thread