Isekai Walking - Vol. 2 Ch. 15 - Goblin Subjugation

Group Leader
(●◡●) Thank you for reading!

Edit: In Pg14- "I am about to take this creature's life" is the proper translation but taking the context and previous chapters in regards, better would be "I'm about to take the life of a sentient being". We'll make sure to change it later.

Edit 2: Updated pg 14

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or...
The mc being too scared to kill something a really common trope in Isekai now?
I don't mind, it feels rather realistic. Don't think anyone from city folk would actually kill a creature, not to mention one capable to some form of sentience.

It's a moral dilemma to take life, is the creature or a person actually evil anyway?

Have a few titles with main characters facing such problems with rather surprising outcomes...

Dex-chan lover
can you link some of them.
That would be a huge spoiler, especially to one title shittier than real life, but if you insist I could dm some. Just ping me.

Find it great if anyone questions to harm anyone, and absolutely hate those who act on established principle cutting down anything that may be a norm to terminate in their world but idea to do so should be thrown out of the window in this.

There were reverse Demon Lords acting good as compared to humans (Dungeon Trapper) or gobbos with heart (Tensei Slime) to question if it's right to spill blood left and right.

Is it just me or...
Yea im so annoyed by this. Like cmon, its a world where its kill or be killed, and you still hesitant even when the monster in front of you can kill you in any second? Did you need you friend around you to be killed first to respond that? At least get your mind straight thinking that its for self defense

Dex-chan lover
I get the sentient part, but goblins? I dunno seems less of an issue. Also I'm suprised he didn't mentally prepare for this when he became an adventurer.

Overall though it's not a bad chapter just hope using that potion doesn't bite him in the ass later.

Dex-chan lover
Thank u always for ur great work...
^^...

Welp, at least he clear the 1st step, good job...
@.@...

Dex-chan lover
It's a moral dilemma to take life, is the creature or a person actually evil anyway?
Yes, completely evil. He literally says this version of goblins ejoys seeing people in pain.

While this could be some kind of pseudo nice goblins who just to happen to live in the forest and attacked the people for other reasons... this is obviously not it.

This is like saying if it is right to kill a dog who has rabies. It isn't even worth thinking about. Of course it is.

Dex-chan lover
Is it just me or...
From what I understand - this is normal for humans. If the MC is an accomplished warrior from a fantasy world, he has already came to terms with killing long ago.
But for a guy who was suddenly thrust into adventure (whether a fantasy kid or a otherworlder from a peaceful world) killing people is not easy. And that's the way it should be, otherwise we humans would have all killed each other long ago.
And so, first killing of a person is always a milestone for a realistic character. In fantasy, it is possible to have multiple of them - first animal-like monsters, next monstrous humanoids like goblins, next human-equivalent beings of other races, and finally enemies from one's own race.
On the contrary, not having problems with one's first killing is a bad sign that you might have lost your humanity somewhere. Probably normal for people reincarnated into weapons or giant spiders. But if you're summoned and have no problems with killing, you should probably look into whether you should kill the faction that summoned you, because they have hidden mind control spells in the summoning.

Dex-chan lover
(...) giant spiders.
DpQ9YJl.png

Dex-chan lover
While I think the whole: "Oh god, my first kill!" trope is done horribly, it makes sense. Although I was going to be real annoyed if the whole mr.peeper nonsense was the last sign of it.

Users who are viewing this thread