Isekai Yakkyoku - Ch. 55.2 - CHAPTER 55 The Palle and the Otherworldly Pharmacy (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
horrible MTL but I had to laugh with that translator’s note about the “platypus”. Mistranslating platelets as platypus is already funny enough, but actually thinking it’s correct and adding a Perry the platypus reference put it over the top.

Dex-chan lover
Weird. I am sure we have translated manga for this chapter part and it was much more good than this. Why do we need this new release?

Dex-chan lover
But, why ?
This read like shit and we already had a good enough translation of this part (that was better) for the last month now. It's just weird to be doing this chapter part this late in the game.

Dex-chan lover
People already put a lot fight with former sniper, at least they do an ok? job at it, now you have to join the party with MTL.

Dex-chan lover
I can somewhat understand if you uploaded this earlier, but after an actual translation got uploaded? And you're uploading the split chapter too? Why? My best bet would be "They uploaded ch 55 already but it'd be a shame not to upload mine so here goes nothing", right? :huh:

Double-page supporter
I don't really see why this has been released, like, at all... had I wanted to scanlate this series to have my own version, I would have begun from chapter 1. But you begin from ch 55 part 2, a chapter that has already been released... why would you even do this? At least, if you want to begin from chapter 55, do so from the beginning of the chapter.

But anyway, for those who come here without even reading the chapter because it looked so sus, here's a summary of what you can find:
  • RAW quality: 2/10. You can identify most things, but detail is completely destroyed, blacks are slightly crushed, whites are slightly crushed, greys are banding or melting. Resolution is 593 x 845, which is terrible. A really bad algorithm for reduction has been used as well, destroying detail and shaped further.
  • Typesetting quality: 3/10. Text is within the text bubbles, but improperly spaced, improperly separated, improperly centered, improperly sized, and font selected is not the worst but makes the page look quite bad and unpleasant.
  • Translation quality: 2/10. Obviously MTL, no revision, bad grammar, bad vocabulary, and most of the time makes no sense and there are recurrent mix ups about who the speech bubble is talking about (Falma saying HE himself has Leukemia "I have acute Leukemia under my brother's name") [Could be interpreted as an old way of speech about talking of another, but why would the mtl do this anyway?]
  • Correction: 0/10. None whatsoever, luckily at least there are no obvious orthographic errors from what I could see at a glance. But there might be, not like it matters at this stage.
  • QC: -10/10. No one thought it was a good idea to look at this before releasing it, or more like, they thought it was a pain and still decided to release it anyway despite the obvious, horrible, and hideous problems.
Veredict: It's not the worst scanlation I have ever seen, but it's dangerously close. Avoid at all costs.

For the scanlator:
I don't know what to tell you, I'm pretty sure you knew this was terrible, and you still went ahead... why do you do this to yourself? People will laugh at you, they will lambast you, criticize you, ... why do this? I honestly don't understand, do you like this kind of negative attention? Or perhaps did you do this to troll everyone? But why waste so much time for trolling like this? Still makes no sense... anyway, do better, be it with scanlation, or to troll people, you're no good at either right now.

Dex-chan lover
Not only the image quality is trash. The translation is also trash.
Wait.. No. Everything is trash, including the one who upload this is also a TRASH.

Dex-chan lover
This is almost as bad as some of the recent translations for that isekai where mc takes care of twins who are the kids of some god.
Even the horribly blurry image quality is similar, not just the tl quality.

Users who are viewing this thread