Isekai Yakkyoku - Vol. 7 Ch. 31 - A Glimpse of the Mastermind

Oh geez I hope this pandemic ends soon and he gets the rest he needs. What if he dies like the priest said.

Dex-chan lover
Man this manga hits home
all it takes is literally a single person without the foresight of spreading a plague to walk around and spread the virus :(

But bio-terrorism is a whole new demon altogether. With our world literally crippled by a virus, hopefully no one ever gets the idea to weaponise one for the future.

Fed-Kun's army
to be honest I hate several characters from this manga, they're hypocrites going around as bearers of the truth and the justice

I hope several of them die either from the plague or from overworking

Dex-chan lover
@gregger The way you said that is a bit off. It's not like nobody's ever had the idea before. It's just that nowadays we have a decent understanding of the risks present in attempting that sort of thing, and how it could blow up in our own faces just as hard as it hits the other guys. Nobody wants to use a weapon until they're sure it won't hit them too, but it's hard to guarantee that with something biological.

For instance, say country X decides to weaponize a virus to fuck with country Y. They plan it all out, they engineer themselves a nasty little virus and even make themselves a vaccine to protect themselves and their allies from it. Everything looks good to go, commence operation plague squirrel. Well shit, after weaponizing it, the thing managed to mutate out in the wild. Now their vaccine does fuck all against the new strain(s), and a virulent illness is clapping their cheeks, too.

Dex-chan lover
@glomoro
Ah sorry, I meant it more now where after seeing how crippling corona is that it could be replicated into a weapon type.
I'm sure that it's probably been thought of before, my comment just meant that I hope that it will never happen.

that double "this kingdom" on page 26 thou,
should be clarified to make better understanding which kingdom.
anyway thanks for the chapter

Aggregator gang
in real life you wouldn't be saying that last part where you beg 'em not to kill them within fking earshot of the perps...

Dex-chan lover
@Aryazaky

Not really true. If you followed global news or strategic prediction closely you will know that looming pandemic isn't a surprise threat at all. All of this was speculated, one way or another. COVID-19 is just the first one in modern era that the containment had failed for the virus that spread this fast.

Ebola is spread ways more terrifying than COVID-19, but thank WHO for controlling it in multiple outbreaks this past decade. Lastest one was on this year, while all attention was on COVID-19. Did you heard of it? If not, thank those hardworking for making it unrelated issue for most of us.

For other pathogens that had breached our containment, the most fearsome would be the AIDS. Can you imagine the world where HIV is spreading via droplet like sar-ncov19? Yet we failed while it spreading far, far slower that COVID-19. Other are Zika, H5N1, H1N1, MERS and SARS.

So if this seem like a foresight, it's just that author is well aware of the looming threat, very admirable nonetheless.

And if you want to predict the arc, how about magically immuned disease? Just like looming antibiotics resistance crisis we're facing. Sometimes, the real horror is around us.

Dex-chan lover
The antagonist mafia uses Bioterrorism instead spamming magic here and there and claim themselves Demon Lord or such.

In reality, bioterrorism is much more dangerous than nuclear war.

They are the cheapest way to population bombing, unpredictable damage, and hard to block

Dex-chan lover
@Blackstone
Is that mean even the most horrible person like a mass killer, dictator, slave trader, he will cure them?

It's Hippocratic Oath since he is also a doctor although originally he is a pharmacist. Everyone is treated equally on giving medical treatment

Users who are viewing this thread