Itsudemo Jitaku Ni Kaereru Ore Wa, Isekai De Gyoushounin O Hajimemashita - Ch. 45

Dex-chan lover
The issue is that it's human nature. You can't expect people to act perfectly. And you realize for most of human history, the rich have almost always looked down on the poor. That's literal normal action that's always existed.

And he only would face consequences if by random chance, the person he offends has a rare chance of getting back at him...

But again, that's like winning the lottery....

Like, if you have to fear that one in a million chance, then you have to apply that logic to life.

You can't eat solid foods because you might choke. You can't walk outside cause a drunk driver could hit you. You can't drive cause you might get into an accident.

It's so rare to the point that it'd actually be dumb to worry about it it.... in this case, it's just bad luck that the rare chance he could f*** up, it happened...
There’s nothing random about self created scenarios. And your competitors are always on standby with an axe to execute you when you screw up by dragging your name through the mud behind the scenes.

Fear doesn’t prevent people from doing anything, it encourages them to take measures to mitigate risk to an acceptable level. Knowing how to give yourself the heimlich, don’t drive late at night when plastered people tend to think they won’t get caught, insurance/safety features, etc.

A business that thought “It’s so rare to the point that it’d actually be dumb to worry about it” doesn’t exist since they either never opened or went out of business.

Dex-chan lover
People seem a tad too fixated on the matches and seem to forget that the MC has tons of ways to make the guilds that shunned him, regret their actions.(as many as there are products on earth)
The shampoo and hair products for one would be a huge hit with the nobles, for example.
Heck a common $1 disposable lighter would seem like an expensive luxury item,that can't really be replicated, because even after you "open" it to check what fuels it, the liquefied gas would evaporate instantly making it seem as it functioned with magic.
I'm sure there could be magic to 'replicate' creating pics, but he could make a fortune selling those disposable cameras let alone digital

Also idk if it's as common in japan, but "dry" shampoo is also a thing, so he could also sell it to 'commoners' who don't have an opportunity to bathe as often/not in a city where bathhouses are common (tho while i understand a 'luxury' tub is one thing i'd think a basic wash tub that ppl would use for laundry or babies/pets wouldn't be too hard to get ahold of if only just to dip your head versus soak in lol)

Or stuff like beef jerky for adventurers (i'm sure 'jerky' exists in the world already because i'm sure adventurers/travelers would need it for long trips but i'm assuming his 'modern day' jerky is better quality or tasty lol)

Dex-chan lover
People seem a tad too fixated on the matches and seem to forget that the MC has tons of ways to make the guilds that shunned him, regret their actions.(as many as there are products on earth)
The shampoo and hair products for one would be a huge hit with the nobles, for example.
Heck a common $1 disposable lighter would seem like an expensive luxury item,that can't really be replicated, because even after you "open" it to check what fuels it, the liquefied gas would evaporate instantly making it seem as it functioned with magic.
The issue was that he had no evidence of who he was and there were way too many frauds pretending to be him....

Dex-chan lover
There’s nothing random about self created scenarios. And your competitors are always on standby with an axe to execute you when you screw up by dragging your name through the mud behind the scenes.

Fear doesn’t prevent people from doing anything, it encourages them to take measures to mitigate risk to an acceptable level. Knowing how to give yourself the heimlich, don’t drive late at night when plastered people tend to think they won’t get caught, insurance/safety features, etc.

A business that thought “It’s so rare to the point that it’d actually be dumb to worry about it” doesn’t exist since they either never opened or went out of business.
Dude, you are applying too much modern logic.... through out history, rich people looking down on the poor was one of the most normal things...

Humans weren't always so nice to each other... nobles and rich merchants looking down on the poor was super common....

Even now, you can still see people judging others on how they dress and stuff... and that's in MODERN times with cancel culture...

In the past, that kinda stuff didn't matter.... some social injustice happened and most people didn't even care.

Surviving is a lot harder, social media doesn't exist and people being jerks would be able to get away with a lot more back then than nowadays.....

Hell, in certain places of Asia that used to be more cut off (not as much anymore), stores actually acted this way.... they wouldn't allow the poor to even walk in the door and were jerks.....

And modern India still has the caste system and all the injustice that comes with it....

Dex-chan lover
First up not only the Mayor but noone told MC about the letters of recommendation? But after the first guild let alone 5 why did he keep trying? This is very stupid and I bet he doesnt make it so that water guild doesnt get blacklisted fron his products. Also makes no sense why he cant just go to the ruler and be his own monopoly boss since he went with the mayor.....

This is just stupid drama writing.

Dex-chan lover
The issue was that he had no evidence of who he was and there were way too many frauds pretending to be him....
I think you misunderstood.
I know that the MC had no evidence about the fact that he was the merchant who supplied the matches.
I mean why are people HERE, in the Mangadex forums, so fixated on the matches.
Many posts seem to limit themselves on thinking up ways of how he'll use the matches supply to punish the merchant guilds.
I just pointed out that he has many other options besides some silly matches.

As well as the fact that he is the grandson of the legendary immortal witch...if he was one to bring her up for leverage that is.

Dex-chan lover
First up not only the Mayor but noone told MC about the letters of recommendation? But after the first guild let alone 5 why did he keep trying? This is very stupid and I bet he doesnt make it so that water guild doesnt get blacklisted fron his products. Also makes no sense why he cant just go to the ruler and be his own monopoly boss since he went with the mayor.....

This is just stupid drama writing.
yeah other than the 'revenge'/'other merchants being humbled' factor i'd just cut my losses and move on if not just do smaller one on one sales since he already has his own shop he'd need to hire some more workers anyways unless he plans on moving from Ninorich or has some access to like a 'cloning' magic or whatever lol

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think you misunderstood.
I know that the MC had no evidence about the fact that he was the merchant who supplied the matches.
I mean why are people HERE, in the Mangadex forums, so fixated on the matches.
Many posts seem to limit themselves on thinking up ways of how he'll use the matches supply to punish the merchant guilds.
I just pointed out that he has many other options besides some silly matches.

As well as the fact that he is the grandson of the legendary immortal witch...if he was one to bring her up for leverage that is.
I didn't mention the matches, I was mentioning there was no evidence to prove he was a real proper merchant or to prove who his grandma is....

He has no evidence of any identity or ability at all... even if he has a few items, it could just be a scam...

A lighters worth of butane would not "evaporate instantly" and I can guarantee they already have experience with volatile liquids, so they'd definitely be able to handle it.

That's not actually true. There's always a cost to doing things, even if it's only the opportunity cost, so risks that fall bellow a certain likely hood do get dismissed. More than that, risks that are likely to fall bellow a certain cost level will just get accepted, if mitigating them would cost more.

Also, rich people being jerks is just a thing that happens all the time, in the real world, and it often doesn't really impact their business. I don't know where you got the idea that businessmen or merchants are constantly polite and careful with their words, but it's not realistic.

Dex-chan lover
A lighters worth of butane would not "evaporate instantly" and I can guarantee they already have experience with volatile liquids, so they'd definitely be able to handle it.

That's not actually true. There's always a cost to doing things, even if it's only the opportunity cost, so risks that fall bellow a certain likely hood do get dismissed. More than that, risks that are likely to fall bellow a certain cost level will just get accepted, if mitigating them would cost more.

Also, rich people being jerks is just a thing that happens all the time, in the real world, and it often doesn't really impact their business. I don't know where you got the idea that businessmen or merchants are constantly polite and careful with their words, but it's not realistic.
Exactly, nobody to invest/loan you money and, eventually, no suppliers because nobody wants to associate with unprofessional people. Thanks for proving my point.

Dex-chan lover
Its a really good comedic and wholesome story that I just breezed though.
I really couldn't put it down.

Thanks for picking up this series everyone atHaikai Scans

Exactly, nobody to invest/loan you money and, eventually, no suppliers because nobody wants to associate with unprofessional people. Thanks for proving my point.

What? How did you get any of that from my post? That is almost diametrically opposite what I wrote.

Not I, just try to explain life to a 2nd grader with multiple accounts.

Ok. I'll bite. The 2nd grader thing is just a normal, low effort, "I'm going to call you a child" insult. The multiple accounts thing is weird. I'm not even sure if it's actually supposed to be an insult or what.

Why in blazes go to "multiple accounts?" Or, if for some reason, you genuinely believe this is a sock-puppet, why would you think that?

Dex-chan lover
Ok. I'll bite. The 2nd grader thing is just a normal, low effort, "I'm going to call you a child" insult. The multiple accounts thing is weird. I'm not even sure if it's actually supposed to be an insult or what.

Why in blazes go to "multiple accounts?" Or, if for some reason, you genuinely believe this is a sock-puppet, why would you think that?
Writing patterns, like speech, are unique. If you're going to troll, at least remember what you trolling with.

Dex-chan lover
Rich people act like jerks all the time. The "professional act" only needs to be done with people of status...

Even Donald Trump can get loans despite his actions.... you are acting like it's some small local store or something, not a huge business.... hating the poor has historically always been the case.

Users who are viewing this thread