Itsumo Baka ni shitekuru Bishoujo-tachi to Zetsuen shitara, Jitsu wa Ore no Koto ga Daisuki Datta you da. - Vol. 1 Ch. 7 - Maid-san appears

Dex-chan lover
his ex had a chance at redeeming herself
Sure. Her sin is just about her being a complete moron who believed that by making him jealous he'd grow a pair and stop being such a passive doormat. Sounds like she got that cliched idea from a friend or a magazine column, and she thought she'd help him become more of a man that way - well, it worked in a sense. This is an older trope that I haven't seen in a while which was typically used in comedic settings because it always backfires horribly. It's weird to see that set-up in a more serious story.
The question is, will she get the hint and try to mend things, or double down on dealing more damage? I think the former is more likely, while the latter would arguably be more interesting. Being a childhood friend, she's unlikely to win either way, but the friendship could be salvageable.
It's like MC never knew she started doing an S shtick.
It's only her JOB to be sadistic brat and you perfectly knew that.
It's not clear if he knew that, but he said she was 'more docile' in the past and he hadn't visited the whole semester. He came there to be pampered, and he did get a very special treatment, all right. She was playing a character and couldn't be any more direct about how much she liked him.
In the end, it looks like the whole chain of events was a matter of bad chemistry, bad timing, bad habits, bad luck, and most importantly bad communication, rather than genuine malice from any of the girls.

Supporter
I re-read chapter 1, and i still don't get the whole situation, tbh. It's like MC never knew she started doing an S shtick. Otherwise, why would he even go there while being totally in the dumps? You can't even blame her for not noticing his mood, as she went pretty "easy-lish" on him (though, he most likely took it as being singled out).
I think the maid is also in same slippy slope like others girl. (doing waman act and MC was in "too nice" mode to not stop them until they went too far, to need more reaction out of him except of his "usual good guy mode" but he exploded instead)

the maid probably just went with S shtick as her new mask someday(since she want to try something new) or maybe some customor asked for it and somehow make her more popular in maid cafe so she went with a flow.

but because she want her "special person" to be more special and went too far with her S maod shtick (since he mentioned that she only do harsh insult with him) Stupid, I know.

anyway, both heroine(kouhai,maid) already knew they fucked up and apologize to make amend and try to fix thing over.

Let's see how author gonna fix EX-gf, she came out as total bitch and still doesn't understand she fucked up big time when she should be step ahead of others heroine(being gf, got rejected first and could fix thing over before MC went nuclear with his "good guy")

I hope it's not "I'm jealous becuz I see him with kouhai and maid while I'm his gf so I went full bitch mode to control him out of others woman" because that's how she gonna lose before the fight over MC even start.

Supporter
In case of the maid-girl, it was MC at fault. It's only her JOB to be sadistic brat and you perfectly knew that. If not then are you f...ng dumb?
I think the problem is, It was not "S maid cafe", just normal maid cafe but she just become popular after she did "S maid act" (for what reason, author still doesn't tell us yet)

and because how sheltered(stupid) she is, she's probably think "oh, this is what everyone like" and she want to make MC know that he's her "special person" so she do "special S maid" act, exclusively for him. unknowingly that it's not what he want.

He just wanna rest and heal in cafe after regulary mental attack from his gf and kouhai and from his PoV, It looks like she lost herself on popularity and went harsh on him for some reason so it's like his final straw to explode because he can't escape even in his healing place/oasis.

Dex-chan lover
Sure. Her sin is just about her being a complete moron who believed that by making him jealous he'd grow a pair and stop being such a passive doormat.
It's not that she did a stupid thing that boggles my mind, it's the fact that no less than 8 months passed without her doing anything to try and make up with him. Heck, she even smirked to herself when he pretty much flipped her off in front of the whole class.
It's not clear if he knew that, but he said she was 'more docile' in the past and he hadn't visited the whole semester. He came there to be pampered, and he did get a very special treatment, all right. She was playing a character and couldn't be any more direct about how much she liked him.
Right, i guess semester is long enough for her to gain popularity as an S maid without MC knowing. And, i guess, no one gave him a warning about an S act, because he specifically requested for her. Makes sense.

Dex-chan lover
it's the fact that no less than 8 months passed without her doing anything to try and make up with him
Perhaps we'll learn more during GFs arc, because this story is very fond of keeping things secret and drip-feeding the missing details. Maybe she was playing the waiting game, thinking he'd get the hint and go to her first?
I've seen unreasonably uneventful timeskips in a different manga before, where characters would also not talk to each other for months or years.

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
This manga is a perfect example of why Japanese psychology is so frustrating. There's so much dissonance in the logic behind actions and motives, it leads to such situations that we read. A goldmine of conflict for a writer to have his pick, and the most effective type of manga to generate discussion, in this case, the west (or basically anywhere outside of Japan). Not necessarily genius, but smart is some respect.

.....still maddening tho~

Group Leader
this manga honestly makes me a bit confused, the speed with which the guy went from never talking to someone again to going on dates with them is mind boggling, you'd assume it would at least take longer if it happened at all.
This is my biggest problem with this manga, the development feels rushed.
I have nothing against the actual development so far, I just wish the author had taken more time for the girls to mend their relationship with him.

Group Leader
I think the problem is, It was not "S maid cafe", just normal maid cafe but she just become popular after she did "S maid act" (for what reason, author still doesn't tell us yet)

and because how sheltered(stupid) she is, she's probably think "oh, this is what everyone like" and she want to make MC know that he's her "special person" so she do "special S maid" act, exclusively for him. unknowingly that it's not what he want.

He just wanna rest and heal in cafe after regulary mental attack from his gf and kouhai and from his PoV, It looks like she lost herself on popularity and went harsh on him for some reason so it's like his final straw to explode because he can't escape even in his healing place/oasis.
That's pretty much it. She just believed doing what other customers liked to see her doing would please him, and she wanted to treat him like a special customer so she amped the S act to 11.

Honestly, this one was just a misunderstanding coupled with bad timing and their poor communication skills (or, as TVTropes would have it, Poor Communication Kills [the relationship]).

It's not like the girlfriend that wanted to make him jealous for her stupidity or the kouhai that kept saying the opposite of what he meant to say because of her insecurities, this one is just one big mistake on her part at the worst possible time when he was close to breaking down.

Users who are viewing this thread