Itsumo Baka ni shitekuru Bishoujo-tachi to Zetsuen shitara, Jitsu wa Ore no Koto ga Daisuki Datta you da. - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Akane's Kyun? Date

Supporter
The MC doesn seem like such a bad guy but he really does need therapy. Looks like she’s decided that’s her job though… does professional counselling just not exist in Japan?
If it did, Rent A GF would've lasted about ten chapters.

Supporter
This is why I favour her too and am still somewhat interested in this story. The premise in the title of the series implied stupid misunderstandings of why he broke off his relations with them being the driving motivator but the kouhai immediately worked hard to apologize, explain her stupidity and try and change. And he also didn’t act completely stupid and reject it (although still dumb on the friends level interpretation).

But the writing is definitely low quality. Curious to see what the point of the series is since it’s so short.
He's not interpreting it as friendship, he's rebooting the relationship (on his end) at that level.

Double-page supporter
What's wrong with having a hamburger on a date? Personally I prefer the closest thing I can get to authentic asian food but still...
It is a culture thing. Taking big bites which a hamburger sort of makes you do is seen as unfeminine in japan. Where women are encouraged to take smaller daintier bites. There was one resutrant that made napkins that hid a womans face so she could eat a burger

Dex-chan lover
I can
congratulate you, she will(they'll merry actually), but man, this series is just garbage. Wimp MC is so damn stupid, getting stomped on every single chapter being trash. First two chapters were already quite stupid, but the idea at least were quite good. But later it becomes worse and worse. If you want similar series with at least decent MC, read the "Nyanta to Pomeko"
kinda makes sense, the maid treating him like crap 'cause she got popular by masochists got bad luck actually (mc missed how the cafe changed), but ex really went for a dumb move she could have asked to break up for him being so passive but went the extra mile with the lie about cheating (that's on her) and most of all she knows he doesn't have parents, she is pretty much the most important for him but yeah moron things from youth.

and about nyanta to pomeko
that series start better than this one, and is a lot better showing how hurt he got each time, but then it goes flat big time, gets cliche wholesome but it loses what it maked interesting at the start

Dex-chan lover
It is a culture thing. Taking big bites which a hamburger sort of makes you do is seen as unfeminine in japan. Where women are encouraged to take smaller daintier bites. There was one resutrant that made napkins that hid a womans face so she could eat a burger
Huh, I didn't know that. That actually makes me feel bad for the ladies there. It's a sad thing when you can't eat what you like when you want :(

Dex-chan lover
kinda makes sense, the maid treating him like crap 'cause she got popular by masochists got bad luck actually (mc missed how the cafe changed), but ex really went for a dumb move she could have asked to break up for him being so passive but went the extra mile with the lie about cheating (that's on her) and most of all she knows he doesn't have parents, she is pretty much the most important for him but yeah moron things from youth.

and about nyanta to pomeko
that series start better than this one, and is a lot better showing how hurt he got each time, but then it goes flat big time, gets cliche wholesome but it loses what it maked interesting at the start
Nyanta to Pomeko mostly a redemption manga. It at least resolves everything step by step, trying to show human side of heroines. This girls on other hand just dumb abusive pieces of crap. But the main issue is MC. This goodie to shoosey idiot is just unbearable. In the future arks he literally
kneeling before bi**ch ex WHO'S STILL BITH***NG AROUND IGNORING HIM AND BADMOUTHING
I just cant, that pissed me off so hard

Dex-chan lover
....so we'll meet again for the next chapter, then? :dogkek:
Nah ma men. There are a fire dumbsters that are so stupid that it's actually impressive and you continue to see how dumber it will become. But this one is just stupid stupid with unbearable MC. I finished everything in raws anyway. Never again I check this bullshit again

Dex-chan lover
Why is he still being a doormat? Like I thought the entire point if his transformation and his retaliation was so he can finally speak up about what's on his mind
Except this whole date he completely regresses to his old "I'll just do what she likes" mentality that earned him his misfortunes to begin with!
And don't get me wrong, I completely understand that this is new to him and speaking up is hard for him to do, but why didn't he at least try? Both him and his kohai were both very honest with each other in order to reconcile. At this point she's being better at saying her piece than he is!

Honestly, the progression feels believably natural to me though.

Yūta Miyamoto has always been an inherently kind person, his whole life spent having taken his parent's words to heart.

Yumi Asakawa, his girlfriend, tried to gaslight him in a ploy that she thought would turn him into a better boyfriend, which ultimately backfired and ended up setting him off on his path of improvement in a moment of passion and determination to change himself for the better. It's not like his personality would've completely shifted or done a 180 overnight. That would be rather abnormal. In contrast, it took time for him to become stronger. His anger flared up momentarily, sparking considerable change, and has now died down significantly, though not fully extinguished. He even acknowledges this on his first day back after summer break, telling himself how distant he still feels from others after failing to initiate a friendly conversation with an ordinary classmate, despite having coldly called out his ex-girlfriend in front of the classroom shortly before.

Next, the situation between him and the maid is kind of a no-brainer. He was kind to her and accepted the derogatory treatment she was exhibiting, which in turn convinced her that she was doing good by him. Personally, I can't really say I care too much about their development since they hardly feel that close anyways. She literally arrived then got rejected in like 6 panels or so. Maybe she and the ex-girlfriend will receive backstory segments detailing why they developed their feelings for him at some point. I wouldn't be too surprised if the author did that - it would follow typical writing and besides, the kōhai's already received the same treatment anyways, which brings us to:

Akane Kurosaki. At this point in the story, she has been the first and only person to have come back, approach him whilst swallowing her pride, and actually apologize. She genuinely expressed how she really felt, and at this point, one would expect Yūta to lash out in anger once more... but his mind quickly becomes introspective, realizing how similar their circumstances were. He knows he's always been innately timid and docile, and now with the context of her habit of hiding her feelings due to fear of others? He lets out a breath of laughter, describing them both as "hopelessly clumsy". After their reconciliation, slightly in disbelief, he concludes that perhaps allowing her to start over from friendship status couldn't hurt. And thus she proposes a date in order to try to get her feelings across.

We're still too early into the story so I can't know if the plot will decidedly improve or degrade but these are all my thoughts. Thanks for reading I guess!

Group Leader
Alright, this is going fine. The date is not, but she is!
She is genuinely trying to get him to show his true feelings and not just please her by going with the flow. She decided to change for the better, and she's definitely putting in the effort, even if they both can't change so easily.

I have to say I'm kind of disappointed.

What I thought would be one of the main points of the story was reconciled in a single chapter. It was too quick. Way too quick.

See, I expected this to be more similar to Masamune-kun no Revenge's setting, where Masamune-kun and Aki never manage to communicate accurately, and where Masamune, stuck in his mental sphere of revenge, doesn't manage to see Aki for who she is before a very long time.

This manga feels too rushed. :/

Double-page supporter
The MC doesn seem like such a bad guy but he really does need therapy. Looks like she’s decided that’s her job though… does professional counselling just not exist in Japan?
From what research I've been able to do, it doesn't exist, no.

Users who are viewing this thread