I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel - Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
Holy potato....that woman is so badass??? Caught off guard while she was just having fun in bed...and only with a butter knife as a weapon?? Omg; she's hella cool XDD (save for the tyrant part)

Holy... She only use butter knife to that many guards? And only down because being stabbed in the back? So cool, i hope the mc would be as cool as she is.

Thank you so much for the translation!

Am i the only one who got confused when they said she was an emperor rather than empress? She just looks like a scary guy with long hair but i guess she really is female.

the artwork is not very pleasing for me.....but,,, Who cares about art? imma gonna finish reading reading this for the plot!

Contributor
She may have been insane and evil but that debauched fallen empress was damn cool. But that all villains should have such style!

I may miss her. I could be wrong but it seems hard to believe our isekai'd protagonist will have even half the charisma and stage presence. XD

@Lustrius:

I don't know what the story is here, but it didn't seem unnatural to me—historically IRL, a lot of women who have risen to peak power in patriarchal monarchies (often absolutely terrifying people, because how else do you come out on top in those circumstances?) didn't bother to struggle overturning tradition, and just said, roughly: "I declare myself legally a man and emperor. Anyone who disagrees can take it up with the executioner."

@Pokari
Yeah i get it. However i'm sure you read a few chapter ahead already but what really confuses me is, which caused me to drop this series is:
Why was she trying to find a reason to free her once loyal subordinates from prison? This confused me greatly as why the fuck would she need a reason to free them as, like you said,
"Anyone who disagrees can take it up with the executioner."
She doesn't need a reason yet she seeks one anyway.

Contributor
@Lustrius:

It was my understanding that she was worried if she changed her mind too whimsically and capriciously, the rebellion leaders—specifically Eusto, the formerly-loyal knight that killed the empress in the novel—would just think she was either just completely bonkers (which seems like a reasonable conclusion), or worse, think that she had caught wind of the rebellion and was plotting something.

Make of that what you will: This isn't a shounen manhwa; it's not about her beating the crap out of everyone who opposes her. Though that does certainly happen periodically to some extent.

@Pokari
Well they already thought she was completely insane... That's why they decided to rebel against her. Sure, it's very suspicous however if she was really plotting something, wouldn't freeing those guys the last thing she wants? Also, she just did something good and is making more reasonable decisions, although that will definitely be suspicious, that shouldn't be enough evidence to kill her right away or she might've found out about their plan. It might actually make the situation better as they might think she actually changed.

But that's who she is though. She is literally an emperor who beats up anyone who opposes her. How do you think she got to her position in the first place?

@Mapleowo emperor title is better and can be used universal, to make sure she is a ruler, not wife of an emperor. Like the Chinese, Japanese call the female reigning empress is (female) emperor, like Wu Zetian was Empress consort of Emperor Gaozong, later are Empress Dowage of her children emperors, but ultimately she took the throne with absolute power for herself and rule as Emperor (Empress Regnant). If keep using Empress, it's will confuse she is a ruler or just wife of Emperor.

Meanwhile Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth is not called "king", just prince (not even prince consort) because he not hold the throne of United Kingdom.

Fed-Kun's army
I wonder how she's going to compensate for not having the skill of swordsmanship. This seems quite interesting.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm not sure they know what nursing a drink means... There are two wine bottles there 😂

ah fuck its one of those villainess reincarnated from worst korea stories, was hoping for a native one, probably gonna be useless in combat.........

Users who are viewing this thread