I've Become the Villainous Empress of a Novel - Ch. 45

.. I'll be dropping this. I'm probably not the target audience in the first place and that noble inspection arc was awful.

You know, it’s really weird that characters who reincarnate and become monarchs of some medieval country act like they’ve never heard of democracy when it comes to mulling over the best way to run a country. Like, it makes every one of these characters so awful imo, because it’s basically implied that they really don’t care for giving people voting rights. If anyone can point me to a manga where the reincarnated mc actually democratizes a nation, I’d be grateful.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for picking this up!

@doctorstrangelove Democratizing a nation is not as easy as it sounds. Democracy need the support of the majority in order to survive, and in a medieval society with poor education the average commoner wouldn't understand what democracy would mean for them. Not only that, but you would have to essentially banish nobility; a group of people with a great deal of power and influence. In order to democratize a nation you have to start at the ground level: allowing free access to education for all. Teach the population what democracy means, teach them free thought and teach them that they have more rights than a slave (serfs were comparable to slaves in terms of their rights). Then you have to find a way to get the aristocracy on your side, or at the very least the most powerful/influential nobles on your side. If you don't have them on your side then the nobles can simply overthrow you. This is probably one of the most difficult parts of the process; one which historically has been solved either through revolution, negotiation or invasion. Of course this can get very bloody and out of hand, such as what happened in France and Russia. Either way, democratization is a process that takes multiple generations and a lot of arguing/fighting, and is far from easy. Of course it would make for a very interesting isekai novel to read, but you'd have to centre your entire novel around the idea.

Dex-chan lover
@edma That's a rather idealistic view that only seems good for you because you aren't in her situation. Being an idealist won't make you a good ruler, since you'll have to make decisions that will go against it, rather often. None of the so called ideal rulers throughout in history were that much of a good guys, if you look at them partially they all did some shady shit. Anyone that was truly an idealist got the short end of the stick. By the way the basic human instinct is survival, hence why she did everything she could to avoid her death in the first place. Keeping him beside her, however "noble" he is, which is also sort of a joke imho, is contradicting that instinct, and the logic that the premise of the series was built upon. Especially when you say "it's a good thing". Therefore the story falls apart whenever Eusto is involved something, even only as a side character, not to mention when he gets an important role.

As for his wouldn't overthrow thing. The motherfucker were unable to realize that she was drugged for years by the prime minister, hence the way she turned out, so assuming that he'd do anything remotely smart is thrown out of the window from that point. That stupidity is what keeping him close makes it so dangerous, because he doesn't really think or plans before he does something. That's why his fate in the original route was rather karmic and well deserved. By the way, if we dig deep down onto his character, it all comes to the fact that he wasn't able to take the fact that she fucked anyone but him, hence it was just easier to get rid of her.

@doctorstrangelove Democracy itself is a system that bleeds from a thousand cuts. Aside from what skillodracus said, it's rather egoistic to think that it would serve the best interest of everyone to implement it.

@skilodracus Yeah thats the biggest roadblock for medival societies. The King/Emperor doesn't own the country. The ones with military power do. So if you don't have the military power behind you, you can't change the system.
You won't get around having to take away military power from nobles. But at the same time you want someone to protect your borders and cities.
I think the only possible way is a multi-generational change, just how it happend in reality.

Dex-chan lover
I'm so weak against megane like Cyril
Also ty for continuing this series

Dex-chan lover
I hope Cyril is the ML the other two are basically her adopted sons

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE CHAPTER!!💘💘👏🏼👏🏼💐💐

I've missed Cyril so much!!😩😩💘💘😍🥰🥰

Group Leader
Cyril be antagonizing Yulia at every given chance lmfao

Thanks for your work!

Users who are viewing this thread